• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

ireshlk

Question

Hello Guys,

I need some advises and suggestions from suzuki jimny owners and any one who has the experience with them, Im planing to buy one, suzuki jimny 1999 or 2000, 2003, this happens to be my 1st vehicle and i dont have any experience about them, It will be used for light work and city running most of the time. Basically i want to buy a SUV,( coz i like the JEEP factor), so i want to know.

1. Is suzuki jimny is the vehicle for me, is it good when comparing with terios daihatsu or RUSH, Honda Hr-v etc

2. What is the average price range ? (i did a search, so comes up with range 17 to 20 )

3. What is the fuel consumption?

4. what about the spare parts and general problems associated with this vehicle?

* Im mainly looking for SUV(Mini) below 2M, and i dont have any technical knowledge about motor vehicles , Please let me know what you think.

Thank you

Thz for the Tip every one, using the keyword Vitara, i just found few great looking vehicles "Suzuki Vitara 2 door Soft Top"

000102572_3.jpg

It looks like this, This is a controvertible one, and nonconvertible ones are also available. The problem is name Vitara, now i have two different looking vehicles which having same name :-D. Any one had experience with this ?

Do you not read posts? It was pointed out before on this same thread that the Escudo and Vitara are two different names for the same vehicle.... The Vitara was sold brand new, the Escudos were imported from other markets like Japan.

Pericles,

​Your ride looks stunning :) Its looks like Escudo a bit. please share some information about the vehicle, Fuel, Handling etc

Handling - Its a jeep, and a short wheel base jeep at that. I don't have illusions about jeeps handling. I'm comfortable doing 80-100kmph on a straight road on this until I get my new tires, just running out the current set, don't trust them. Short wheel base, so pretty bouncy, but compared to the earlier Mitsu J44, very comfy. Off road ability is excellent. Handles a rather difficult trail in Nuwara Eliya like a breeze. Proper off-roader, selectable 4WD, proper low range gears.

Fuel - Mine gets 9 now, but its in for a tuneup, so will see if that improves. I'm ok with 9, its a mid 90s automatic GB. It runs normal diesel, so can't complain.

Also, the back is supposed to be removable, so can run it like an open back pickup. Haven't tried that out yet. On the "to do" list. Getting an optional removeable soft top should make it an interesting photo platform to take to races and things :)

Edited by Pericles

Do you not read posts? It was pointed out before on this same thread that the Escudo and Vitara are two different names for the same vehicle.... The Vitara was sold brand new, the Escudos were imported from other markets like Japan.

Supra_Natural

When i search using the name vitara, there are two different type of vehicles one having 2 doors and other is 4 door one, i think they have difference in manufacturer years or some thing, :-D

Repeat after me:

VITARA = ESCUDO

VITARA = ESCUDO

VITARA = ESCUDO

VITARA = ESCUDO

VITARA = ESCUDO

VITARA = ESCUDO

2-door, 4-door etc are just variants of it.

BTW the Escudo you have posted in the forum is an early 90s (1991/92 maybe) model with an English number plate (2003 or 2004). You need to find out how it got one. Perhaps a one imported thru some kind of a permit.

And any one having Suzuki Vitara 2 door Soft Top or similar vitara vehicle or some one who has knowledge or experience about this vehicle. Im really like the way it looks, and with its removable back, its look like a pickup, im willing to know more information about this one.

And any one having Suzuki Vitara 2 door Soft Top or similar vitara vehicle or some one who has knowledge or experience about this vehicle. Im really like the way it looks, and with its removable back, its look like a pickup, im willing to know more information about this one.

:)

isuzu_amigo.jpg

You mean like this?

Handling - Its a jeep, and a short wheel base jeep at that. I don't have illusions about jeeps handling. I'm comfortable doing 80-100kmph on a straight road on this until I get my new tires, just running out the current set, don't trust them. Short wheel base, so pretty bouncy, but compared to the earlier Mitsu J44, very comfy. Off road ability is excellent. Handles a rather difficult trail in Nuwara Eliya like a breeze. Proper off-roader, selectable 4WD, proper low range gears.

Fuel - Mine gets 9 now, but its in for a tuneup, so will see if that improves. I'm ok with 9, its a mid 90s automatic GB. It runs normal diesel, so can't complain.

Also, the back is supposed to be removable, so can run it like an open back pickup. Haven't tried that out yet. On the "to do" list. Getting an optional removeable soft top should make it an interesting photo platform to take to races and things :)

Gorgeous vehicle, congrats! shows what one can do if you think outside the box indeed!

9 is really decent in city driving. I'm curious... how much does it weigh? What engine does it have?

nice to see another fan of two door vehicles. I'm not a fan of passengers myself :)

Edited by Saturn

ireshik,

Buy a Maruti Gypsy. This vehicle have enough spares most of them was used by S/L army few are still with armed forces.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

However, the suspension is a bit bouncy. Not recommended if you have spine problems. I tried one (petrol version I think) it was not very comfortable due to low weight.

I would not recommend it.

This may be a crazy suggestion but have you considered a truck?

Gorgeous vehicle, congrats! shows what one can do if you think outside the box indeed!

9 is really decent in city driving. I'm curious... how much does it weigh? What engine does it have?

nice to see another fan of two door vehicles. I'm not a fan of passengers myself :)

I'll get back to you on the weight, but its got a 2.8 IC unit off the trooper. But of a frankenstein ownership, came with a 3.0l turbo that was full of gremlins, apparently widely considered a failed engine, so swapped in the old reliable staple 4JB1. One of the factory options. Dad knows that engine, had at least 2 vehicles in the past that ran it :)

Thanks due to Dev_Z for spotting it and giving me the heads up when I was shopping around.

Edited by Pericles

Hello Supra_Natural,

Yes, I did. even 256 one are about 2.8M. My budget is about 2.5M. May be i dont have correct information, Any suggestions ?

Thats about the going rate but there is always room to negotiate, even in our market. If the number plate is not important you could always look for a well kept Toyota Hilux LN107, those seem to be around the 2.5 million range. Tough and durable vehicle if they've been looked after properly, and the 107 with the independent suspension is pretty comfortable as well.

Hello guys,

Last Friday i went to few vehicle sales around malabe area and kohuwella area. where i come across mini pajero 2005 turbo one with 650cc, sales guy say its about 23.75 and i was able to bargain and finally settles to 23.25 (LOL), plus sales guy mentioned that it will do 18 to 16 per liter, i dont know whether its accurate or not. But im wondering about the performance of the car, it has so tiny engine even less than maruti.

so guys, any comments on this, any one have experience or any owners ?

Thank you

Good heavens!

Blond walks into car dealer's. Salesman shows her a VW Beetle, points to the engine at the rear and says "see Ma-am, it's even got a spare engine in the boot!".

See where I'm going with this?

Edited by HardHat