• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

zareekz

Diesel Taxes On Conversions?

Hi,

I was wondering if a vehicle is converted from Petrol to Diesel, should the Diesel Tax be paid again for 7 continuous years?

Call 1919 and findout ;)

Diesel tax is no more, only luxury taxes remain. Can someone further confirm.

Not too sure on how valid the info on that website is since i recall there being a 250,000 tax on ppetrol to diesel conversions just a couple of years ago. It being sri lanka I doubt they'd take away such a lucrative revenue method.

you might want to call the RMV for more accurate information.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Watchman" data-cid="232053" data-time="1359967281"><p>

Not too sure on how valid the info on that website is since i recall there being a 250,000 tax on ppetrol to diesel conversions just a couple of years ago. It being sri lanka I doubt they'd take away such a lucrative revenue method. <br />

<br />

you might want to call the RMV for more accurate information.</p></blockquote>

Conversion tax is still there. The 250,000 applies when the converting vehicle is within 4 years from the date of first registration. For the rest, it's 35,000.

OP is asking for annual diesel taxes which were there from 1994 to 2002 or so. Later it was lifted off.