• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

5X7 Car Speakers

Dragonfly

Question

9 answers to this question

Yah, It's a Mazda which came with 5x7 original. 6x8 can also fit in.

Try at 1st cross street Pettah. there are plenty of shops as you enter from opposite Railway station side. They are all Chinese manufactured.

If you want high quality then try P##CO or any other car stereo fixing establishments.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I was searching for same speakers for my Ford BJ some time back ,almost all the shops in Pettah.But not found.Then got a second hand pair( 4 K as I remember) . After this scene,I came across another set of Original Ford speakers from a person who has brought down many speakers/ CD set ups from Europe and bought a pair for 5 K (as spares ), bit expensive but it was superb.

So, you may try few places @ Delkanda area or Mxxxx Motors @ Papiliyana . In case, you fail.....I can offer mine........he...he ......

hope this helps

Oh , Sylvi.... I didn't read ur reply.Anyway, I tried Pexco & Boxx places as well.That was early 2012.Don't know the situ now.....

I also tried Pet#o and Pettah. They all have 6x9 only. :(

By the way what I need is 4 high quality speakers. Because stock once are low in quality.

Kumaras,

If you do not get any, I will be going to buy LED bulbs to convert CFL bulbs. To 1st cross street today or Saturday.

Inform you the availability of the speakers of your size price and high quality or not.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

You can simply modify the rear speaker fixing pannel to have high quality 6 x 9 (3 way/4 way )speakers and leave the front as stock.....is another option.

Anyway ,wait for Sylvi's update. If both options fail, let me know...... I will be selling my two speakers to you ......@ cost.... ????

Members,

There are plenty of speakers at 1st cross street shops.

I did not go there personally. Information I got from one of my assistants. Will go there today and inform all the costs.

Anybody want them can go there and buy them as for their requirement.

They have got very cheap ones from 200.00 Rupees to 7500.00.one set in a box.Tweeters for 1 set 150.00. It is ok not very high quality.

I did not go there personally. Information I got from, one of my assistants. Will go there today and inform all the costs.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi