• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Space Gear 4Wd

flyboy320

i think its pretty good off road too....some videos on utube are amazing.. but as u said spare parts might be a problem..maybe thats why not much of them are around....

It's otherway around, not much spares available as the population of this model is relatively low. Engine parts wouldn't be much of an issue but body parts and suspension would be.

Anyways why on earth you decided to put such a heavy, van (which, spares are not easily available) to off roading ? The thing is, after a good (not extreme) off roading session you have to expect few things under the floor to give up.

There are much better cost effective alternatives out there than a space gear.

The Spacegear combines space and comfort of a passenger van with some pretty decent off roading capabilities. It's a compromise of both so won't be as comfortable as a good people mover and neither can go rock crawling like a big SUV. It shares a lot of Pajero / Montero chassis, engine and drive train, perhaps a bit tuned down, so parts are not a huge problem. Body parts can be a bit hard to come by though. Ride is not that bad if you get the rear coil spring model.

There are quite a bit of enthusiasm and loyal following for this vehicle in some parts of the world. Check this out:

http://www.delicaclub.com/

Edited by HardHat

It's otherway around, not much spares available as the population of this model is relatively low. Engine parts wouldn't be much of an issue but body parts and suspension would be.

Anyways why on earth you decided to put such a heavy, van (which, spares are not easily available) to off roading ? The thing is, after a good (not extreme) off roading session you have to expect few things under the floor to give up.

There are much better cost effective alternatives out there than a space gear.

I just wanted a reliable 7 seater , with off road capabilities , not that ill be doing extreme off roading with it. I don't wanna go for a tipical 4wd VAN , if u have a suggestion for any other vehicle , I'd really appreciate it (my budget is 3.2 mil)

Iv had many and serviced many too in my shop. These are wonderful vehicles. Shares the same chassis as the Pajero and the engines comes in 2.5 (4D56 Turbo) and 2.8 (4M40). Both are just awesome. Ride is only bumpy if you have stupid sized wheels. I suggest got for it with out any hesitation. Iv seen plenty of body parts for them around including nose cuts etc.

Why not get a Pajero computer model? Sure it won't have the bells and whistles of the so called inter-cooler version, but tried and tested on road and off road and pretty good on both. I've seen ones going around the range of 3.5 million. Or for more than a million less there is always the much loved Pajero "palath sabha" model.