• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Body Kits And Car Accessories

samwicky

Honestly guys..... There is no bloody lights there n its so obscured cos its the damn entrance to the car park.... Found out a place at Nugegoda and Another HI-FI place at Homagama... Carbon Fiber Body KITS.... Expensive stuff... Want ur opinion and enlightenment... TX!!!

Honestly guys..... There is no bloody lights there n its so obscured cos its the damn entrance to the car park.... Found out a place at Nugegoda and Another HI-FI place at Homagama... Carbon Fiber Body KITS.... Expensive stuff... Want ur opinion and enlightenment... TX!!!

there is a place near embuldeniya.....119 bus road....

Carbon fiber on a Vitz?...yeah that makes perfect sense.

I have a Toyota Vitz which came with an original body kit. Thanks to our stupid road conditions one end of my front body kit got damaged. Can somebody please tell me how to get an original body kit in SL or a place to repair or successfully.

Thank you.

Why don't you just get it repaired by a fiber repair place?

This Homagama plase I think you are referring to Dumi##a fiber glass body kit repairers and manufacturers. They are good. but expensive.

It is long standing industry. Their late farther motor racer started some decades back then no none did carbon fiber & fiber glass body kits.

Get them to make one for your vehicle, so that it will not hit the bad road conditions as you say.

There lot of other fiber glass repairers on High level Road. but their work is good only for a short time they do not use number of layers of F/G yarn.

So that F/G finally made matter will be strong for a impact.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

A-- Ho--- is the one who laid the concrete plates and not lit the carpark at all..... Its like a setting a trap and waiting someone to fall for it!!!

This is Dominos car park at Torrington....

Yep I also thought Fiber is too heavy n temporary....

I screwed up my original body kit.... :(

TX guys

This Homagama plase I think you are referring to Dumi##a fiber glass body kit repairers and manufacturers. They are good. but expensive.

It is long standing industry. Their late farther motor racer started some decades back then no none did carbon fiber & fiber glass body kits.

Get them to make one for your vehicle, so that it will not hit the bad road conditions as you say.

There lot of other fiber glass repairers on High level Road. but their work is good only for a short time they do not use number of layers of F/G yarn.

So that F/G finally made matter will be strong for a impact.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi Sylvi, I don't think this company fabricates body panels / body kits out of carbon fibre. Their website does state that they will finish the fibre glass kits to look like carbon fibre though...

Kawz,

Some time back they did a repair for a customer of mine from Hambanthota. Again it got damaged due to bad roads in that area.

Later he got a full body kit for his car which cost him 225000.00 Rupees as he was using on bad roads he got little higher under body sections.

Time taken was 20 days.

I will try to contact Mr. Dumi##a to find out, he will undertake doing body part repairs from fiber glass.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Kawz,

Some time back they did a repair for a customer of mine from Hambanthota. Again it got damaged due to bad roads in that area.

Later he got a full body kit for his car which cost him 225000.00 Rupees as he was using on bad roads he got little higher under body sections.

Time taken was 20 days.

I will try to contact Mr. Dumi##a to find out, he will undertake doing body part repairs from fiber glass.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

What I meant was that they don't use carbon fibre for their kits as you mentioned, but instead use fibre glass...anyways no matter: Its not like it really matters anyway, I was just splitting hairs... :) But wow! Your customer spent Rs. 225,000 on a fibre glass body kit? What? People actually spend that much on those kits? Whoa...talk about perspective! You could make some serious engine upgrades for that kind of money...

Edited by Kavvz

What I meant was that they don't use carbon fibre for their kits as you mentioned, but instead use fibre glass...anyways no matter: Its not like it really matters anyway, I was just splitting hairs... :) But wow! Your customer spent Rs. 225,000 on a fibre glass body kit? What? People actually spend that much on those kits? Whoa...talk about perspective! You could make some serious engine upgrades for that kind of money...

Dude why are you so surprised... It's sylvi's customer to begin with.. if the customer is gullible enough to fall for a 15,000 windscreen polish, a 225,000 bodykit probably sounds like a bargain i guess :D

• Like 2

A-- Ho--- is the one who laid the concrete plates and not lit the carpark at all..... Its like a setting a trap and waiting someone to fall for it!!!

This is Dominos car park at Torrington....

Yep I also thought Fiber is too heavy n temporary....

I screwed up my original body kit.... :(

TX guys

hehehe, bro you sound like you were driving around the streets of Europe and suddenly turned into a carpark in sri lanka. As a driver its your responsibility to be observant of where you're driving..

Next thing you know you'll be running over people in "under-lit car-parks" and blaming car-park owners for that too.

Seems like some people are getting carbon fiber and normal fiber glass confused.Basically carbon fiber is an exotic light weight and extremely strong material used on racing cars and high end sports cars whereas fiber glass is the most common and the cheapest material used for bodykit building and other rice related activities.In this case just go to a bodykit place and tell them repair the the broken fiber kit.If it's just a tear they;ll stitch it and do a paint touch up.it doesn't have to be a high end bodykit joint like Dumi##a or macvud either,just go to your local 'bodykit guy' cos it's a straight forward job not needing any imagination or talent.

• Like 3

Dude why are you so surprised... It's sylvi's customer to begin with.. if the customer is gullible enough to fall for a 15,000 windscreen polish, a 225,000 bodykit probably sounds like a bargain i guess :D

Rs 225,000 for the privilege of dragging around a heavy fibre glass kit? Whoa...how come I don't meet people like this who would want to buy useless crap off me like my old wiper blades or used (disposable paper) air filters?

That reminds me: I need to change out my coolant. Anyone want to buy the stuff that's already in my radiator? I'll sell it cheap at half the price of new...going once, going twice!!

I have a Toyota Vitz which came with an original body kit. Thanks to our stupid road conditions one end of my front body kit got damaged. Can somebody please tell me how to get an original body kit in SL or a place to repair or successfully.

Thank you.

there is a place near embuldeniya.....119 bus road....

Samarakoon right? His work is Great! I was gonna tell about this place and just saw this one.

"...Member Mr.Kaws do not miss understand me, I do not want to hurt any member by posting unwanted posts and jokes..."

No point in taking oneself too seriously, life's too short. A little joke here and there never hurt anyone. But then everybody's different...Anyways, well what can I say: It takes all sorts? Ques sera sera? Its all good, so no worries Sylvi.

Edited by Kavvz

Sylvi, your post was moved to the Automotive History thread.... Please try and remember what we have told you time and again. DO NOT GO OFF TOPIC!

Supra_Natural Joint Moderator,

I don't have time to log into the forum now due to a development is going on in my business. OK as you wish you can act accordingly.

Thank you for reminding me again not to off topic. I will try my best to obey the regulations of the forum.

Best of luck to you.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi