• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Car To Buy For A Budget Of 1.6Mil

Punisher

Guys, im looking to buy a car for a small budget of 1.6mil for daily travelling purposes within Colombo and occasionally out. need your help to figure out the best solution. listed are some of the features im looking for

• Automatic
  • averagely econimical to drive
  • Less Trouble to maintain and find spares
  • should have space to carry my baby's essentials when travelling (spacious is the word)
  • my wife should be able to drive with easy :)
Edited by Punisher

since you're concern about space,

i can suggest two toyotas within the bracket.

Corolla 108 wagon and caldina.

I suggest caldina as value for money, spares are ample, any mechanic can fix the both.and it comes as a diesel variant which if you do reasonable running.

the best toyota that give all fills all your requirements and value for buck what i can think of is the toyota souluna.

What should I have to consider or check when buying a Soluna. Is there any model specific problems etc. Also I saw (in AL ads) its fuel consumption is around 15 km/l. Is it correct? Such a big car can give that kind of good performance?

Edited by Nirosha

What should I have to consider or check when buying a Soluna. Is there any model specific problems etc. Also I saw (in AL ads) its fuel consumption is around 15 km/l. Is it correct? Such a big car can give that kind of good performance?

Sure it'll give 15km/l, when being pushed downhill maybe.... The first rule when it comes to ads is, don't believe everything you see.

The Soluna automatic usually does 9-10KM/l

no, i dont think it will give you 15kmpl but it will be fuel efficient.

The Soluna has the same engine as a corona AE100-AE110 and the Ti Carina,.but it weights around 1T. so compared to a corolla u will get a little bit more fuel economy

as for problems. some body parts are hard to find but not impossible. other than that its basically a toyota tercel.

Guys went through the Suggestions :speechless-smiley-004:

i was looking around and the problem i saw in Toyota's whilts looking was that the prices for such old cars are soo over stated..

Econimical wise i see that most of the petrol cars with engines (1300cc to 1800cc) would actully do 7/10KmL around colombo and not beyond (not the Axios)

Still thinking a Diesels engine would serve the purpose as it would run daily around colombo and should be reliable when going out as well. only car that comes closer to the budget and the requirement is Corona's/ Camry's of Year 1992/1993.

i would love the E36 idea but never came across any Automatics that are up for sale (not the exact requirement but i dont mind a classy roller)

thanx.

Guys, im looking to buy a car for a small budget of 1.6mil for daily travelling purposes within Colombo and occasionally out. need your help to figure out the best solution. listed are some of the features im looking for

• Automatic
  • averagely econimical to drive
  • Less Trouble to maintain and find spares
  • should have space to carry my baby's essentials when travelling (spacious is the word)
  • my wife should be able to drive with easy :)

i think a corolla CE108 will fill your requirements nicely if you are lucky maybe you can find a G-touring or L-touring good luck dude. :)

Guys went through the Suggestions :speechless-smiley-004:

i was looking around and the problem i saw in Toyota's whilts looking was that the prices for such old cars are soo over stated..

Econimical wise i see that most of the petrol cars with engines (1300cc to 1800cc) would actully do 7/10KmL around colombo and not beyond (not the Axios)

Still thinking a Diesels engine would serve the purpose as it would run daily around colombo and should be reliable when going out as well. only car that comes closer to the budget and the requirement is Corona's/ Camry's of Year 1992/1993.

i would love the E36 idea but never came across any Automatics that are up for sale (not the exact requirement but i dont mind a classy roller)

thanx.

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=108543

This seems like it will fit your requirements quite well man, you should be able to negotiate the price down further.