• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Valuation

ellamulla

Hi

I am new to this group and vehicle industry I want to ,when we are purshasing used car Is their any place to get relaiable valuation rather than going with a "Mechanical Bass" to get a value before taking purchasing decision

your valued comments greately appriciate

Thanks

Kumarasiri

de silva motors , kirulapana....

To pinpoint the place,

you take the road which is opposite to baseline road , where baseline road drains to highlevel road at kirulapona.

As you go about 100meters along the road the place is on your right hand side...

Desilva and the other valuation places are only good of you are tryong to get a finance on the.car as they generally over-estimate the value. To find the exact value you would need to ask around an look the ads on news papers and get a rough idea on what the average price of the model you want is and what you are willing to pay.

De Silva in Nugegoda (Purwarama Road) check spelling also provides a car check facility. They can check the condition, do a scan test, and do a full visual paint check etc which can be valuable. Also if u ask De Silva for a real resale price they will tell u how much the exact market value would be. You have to specifically tell them ur the buyer and ask what the real selling price would be. Also as Jdnet said u can look around and see what they sell for. Do both.

Good points made by both Jdnet and Nzer as i have found that valuation reports are waved in the face of prospective buyers by sellers which are way above the market price

If your going to a valuation place make sure to tell them hat your the buyer and also check around the market for similar cars and how much they are going for

i ve being to De Silva motors few occasions, not happy with the values they give, sometimes they were very unbelievable.

once they value our hilux as 4.2 million, but actually we ve sold it for 4.8 . the buyer want to get a huge loan/lease, so did the valuation again at AA ceylon, and they

valued it as 5.4 million........