• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fog Lights For Suzuki Swift 2008

Gane

Question

6 answers to this question

Hopefully you are not new to Sri Lanka as well. One does get tired of stating the obvious over and over, but you can get all body parts etc from the Delkanda area or if you want to fit brand new ones, any motor shop will carry them. If you want choice go to Panchikawatte.

You could buy OEM type spot lights which go in the bumper, the whole kit with fixing brackets, wiring, relays and in-dash switch, from Suzuki agent or online. Example:

http://www.carsrus.com.au/suzuki-swift-07-09-front-fog-lights-spot-lamps-kit.html

Got one down for my dad's 2003 Swift a few years back and it took less than an hour of DIY to put it on. Works in tandem with the main light switch which is quite conveneint. They are good halogen lights which gives out quite a bit of illumination and do cut through fog, but the beam is a spread beam so is not much help seeing far away.

If your requirement is a good pair of fog / driving lights then try the spare parts shops as Don suggested but go for a good brand like Bosch, IPF or Hella. I would also suggest going for circle shape lights instead of rectangular ones and also combination lenses, i.e. one spread beam and the other in pencil beam so you get illumination from near to far. You will have to get some sturdy fixing brackets done, as well as proper wiring with relays etc. Get them properly adjusted and to work in tandem with the Hi-Lo beam switch as a pair of bright halogens in the face of an oncoming driver can be quite annoying to say the least.

You might also do well going for clear lenses rather than yellow ones as SL cops seem to hate yellow fog lights for some unexplaned reason.

One last tip, whether you DIY or someone else fit them for you, handle the halogen bulbs by their metal parts and never ever touch the glass

Edited by HardHat

Thaks guys for info passed. thought to go to Delkanda and get kind of idea.

Sylvi, Yes it is my own one. Yes You have apoint. But i just wanted to fix it only considering the outlook effects of it.

Yes “Gane” nice to have them try to get used ones instead of new ones.

you can try some LED lights to fix into them then there will be ample brightness.

LED 10 WATTS 12 VOLTS Rs 350.00. At 1st crorrs street Pettah.

You will be able to use them as Fog and driving lights. Color will be white.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.