• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Mega Movie Thread

MasterDon

TV Series

The best British comedy series by far, is not Mind Your Language or Yes Minister or Mr. Bean, but this one... Sadly it was never shown on Sri Lankan TV.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Waufl6RWsOg

and Keeping Up Appearances is another superb British comedy

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vsZGHxb4caA

Once you watch these, you will never go back to your Big Bang Theory or Two and a Half Men.... guaranteed. Seriously I don't find anything funny or interesting in Big Bang Theory.

lol Even those few minutes are bloody hilarious. :sport-smiley-004: Thanks for sharing Crosswind. I'll give them a try.

TV Series

The best British comedy series by far, is not Mind Your Language or Yes Minister or Mr. Bean, but this one... Sadly it was never shown on Sri Lankan TV.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Waufl6RWsOg

and Keeping Up Appearances is another superb British comedy

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vsZGHxb4caA

Once you watch these, you will never go back to your Big Bang Theory or Two and a Half Men.... guaranteed. Seriously I don't find anything funny or interesting in Big Bang Theory.

Agree.American comedies on the whole are rubbish.Modern Family is decent but nothing special.The Office was good but as always the British version is better.

Of the British comedies I watch/watched.The Inbetweeners,Outnumbered,Black Adder,Fawlty Towers,Monty Python.That Mitchell and Webb Look...

Feel like we should have a separate thread for TV shows, because there's a lot of them to talk about! :)

Agree that Prison Break was one of the best. It was on the top of my list until I watched Breaking Bad.

If you are into zombie apocalypse shows and stuff, then The Walking Dead is a must watch TV show. It's by far the best zombie story I have watched (still watching).

The directors of Breaking Bad has started a new show called Better Call Saul and it's great! Only 8 episodes so far.

The only comedy I watch now is The Big Bang Theory. F. R. I. E. N. D. S. was awesome too!

• Like 1

Feel like we should have a separate thread for TV shows, because there's a lot of them to talk about! :)

Agree that Prison Break was one of the best. It was on the top of my list until I watched Breaking Bad.

If you are into zombie apocalypse shows and stuff, then The Walking Dead is a must watch TV show. It's by far the best zombie story I have watched (still watching).

The directors of Breaking Bad has started a new show called Better Call Saul and it's great! Only 8 episodes so far.

The only comedy I watch now is The Big Bang Theory. F. R. I. E. N. D. S. was awesome too!

I was actually thinking the same thing about a seperate thhread for TV shows :)

Breaking Bad is the stick with which I measure all TV shows now. The five season series neatly wrapped up that show without trying to stretch it too much.

I would also recommend the following;

Supernatural - This series should have ended with the fifth season which would have left this story awesome. They are however on the tenth season. The story line upto Season 5 was absolutely awesome but I keep watching the show because of the main characters.

Firefly

Doctor Who

Edited by Hoonigan

If you're into Jim Carrey movies, then Dumb and Dumber, Liar Liar, Bruce Almighty and Me Myself & Irene are also good (in that order). Most of them are old time movies, but are way better than the cheap comedies we get these days.

I'm yet to see anything outdo The Mask, tho the Ace Ventura movies are favorites too. Need to pull in that face contorting talent into it.

Watched the Atticus Institute. A 'mockumentary'about the only case of possession verified by the US government.

Now I almost never watch horror but this was a pretty cool movie. It's not as hard to follow as the Blairwitch. and the use of 'old' photographs and film is pretty nice. Worth a watch.

Watched Paddington. One of the best I have watched after a long time.

Downloaded last night! Will watch today.

Watched The Wedding Ringer a few days back. Not the best comedy, but the overall story was good. It did have some hilarious scenes too.

Edited by Davy

The second trailer for Terminator Genisys is out and it's just jaw dropping! This is the movie to wait for this year for me, being the Terminator freak I am.

Have a look:

• 4 weeks later...

Also finished watching the first season of this show as well. Compared to the several other Superhero shows such Arrow and Flash, this is refreshingly nice. Some of the Secondary characters need some work but the main guy is brilliant!

daredevil-bloody-knucles.jpg

A bit old, but I watched American Sniper a few days back. It was good, considering that it's based on a true story. Good to see Bradley Cooper in a serious action movie after repeatedly seeing him in chick flicks and comedies.

Edited by Davy