• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Mega Movie Thread

MasterDon

Finally watched FF7.And it was bloody awful.The plot doesn't make sense and has a lot of holes.It's not a car movie anymore nor is it a proper heist flick.They want us too feel attached to the characters by introducing their kids or having babies or other sentimental bullshit.I'm willing to forget the laws of physics for a bit of fun but the stunts are literally unbelievable and makes all that aforementioned sentimental bullshit lose their weight cos every major character somehow seems to survive unscathed.Granted, the the final scene was emotional but that was because of events that happened in real life and nostalgia from FF1,and not cos of the movie...But by far the worst atrocity is that talking potato known as Vin Diesel who desperately needs acting classes.

haha yeah the plot probably couldnt be any worse.

The crew help the BlackOps to get access to the GoldenEye to find Shaw who is in hiding. But throughout this tedious mission Shaw voluntarily "shows up". Why not just kill him then and there and save so much time and effort. pfft...

• 4 weeks later...

Watched Terminator Genisys last weekend and it was... superb!

I'm not going to spoil it for those who haven't watched it yet, but it sure is worth a watch. Oh and if you think you can imagine what happens in the movie just by seeing the trailer... you're wrong! :) Arnie was good - "Old but not obsolete". One thing should be said though: my personal favourite is still Judgement Day. I love it for the messages it gave me when I was a kid. Probably crazy for remembering all the lines but one of them was:

"If a machine, a Terminator can learn the value of human life... maybe we can too".

(Sarah Connor - Terminator 2 : Judgement Day)

Talking about Sarah Connor, The Sarah we used to love in the old Terminator Series (Linda Hamilton) is my personal favourite of them all. Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor... um... I dunno.

• Like 2

Watched Terminator Genisys last weekend and it was... superb!

I'm not going to spoil it for those who haven't watched it yet, but it sure is worth a watch. Oh and if you think you can imagine what happens in the movie just by seeing the trailer... you're wrong! :) Arnie was good - "Old but not obsolete". One thing should be said though: my personal favourite is still Judgement Day. I love it for the messages it gave me when I was a kid. Probably crazy for remembering all the lines but one of them was:

"If a machine, a Terminator can learn the value of human life... maybe we can too".

Talking about Sarah Connor, The Sarah we used to love in the old Terminator Series (Linda Hamilton) is my personal favourite of them all. Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor... um... I dunno.

I loved Mother of Dragons as Sarah :D Except when she took out a Fairlady Z with her truck, that annoyed me.

One thing should be said though: my personal favourite is still Judgement Day. I love it for the messages it gave me when I was a kid. Probably crazy for remembering all the lines but one of them was:

That’s Deep :D I also remember most of the lines from that movie, here is a funny one:

John Connor: No, no, no, no. You gotta listen to the way people talk. You don't say "affirmative," or some shit like that. You say "no problemo." And if someone comes on to you with an attitude you say "eat me." And if you want to shine them on it's "hasta la vista, baby."

The Terminator: Hasta la vista, baby.

John Connor: Yeah but later, dickwad. And if someone gets upset you say, "chill out"! Or you can do combinations.

The Terminator: Chill out, dickwad.

John Connor: Great! See, you're getting it!

The Terminator: No problemo.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103064/trivia?tab=qt&ref_=tt_trv_qu

I totally agree, no actor/actress can beat the original ones in T1/T2. Linda Hamilton was a such a great actress, she was one tough cookie compared to her role in T1. I very much like to see Michael Biehn return in some form. Altogether I like to see a reunion but that’s probably not going to happen.

I’m looking forward to see Genisys in a 3D Cinema. Imo whatever said and done 2D/3D or 4D nothing can beat the masterpiece: T2 Judgment Day

Edited by Reckless
  • Like 2

That’s Deep :D I also remember most of the lines from that movie, here is a funny one:

John Connor: No, no, no, no. You gotta listen to the way people talk. You don't say "affirmative," or some shit like that. You say "no problemo." And if someone comes on to you with an attitude you say "eat me." And if you want to shine them on it's "hasta la vista, baby."

The Terminator: Hasta la vista, baby.

John Connor: Yeah but later, dickwad. And if someone gets upset you say, "chill out"! Or you can do combinations.

The Terminator: Chill out, dickwad.

John Connor: Great! See, you're getting it!

The Terminator: No problemo.

http://www.imdb.com/...&ref_=tt_trv_qu

I totally agree, no actor/actress can beat the original ones in T1/T2. Linda Hamilton was a such a great actress, she was one tough cookie compared to her role in T1. I very much like to see Michael Biehn return in some form. Altogether I like to see a reunion but that’s probably not going to happen.

I’m looking forward to see Genisys in a 3D Cinema. Imo whatever said and done 2D/3D or 4D nothing can beat the masterpiece: T2 Judgment Day

Ah the scene just before they stop for fuel and head to Enrique's place. :) I always liked Sarrah Connor's narrations throughout the movie. So meaningful and narrated with a lot of emotion. Hit me hard when I was a kid. The thumbs up by the Terminator as he was lowered into the liquid steel just broke me apart - many times. :P

As for Michael Biehn, Not sure he will be back in the series. I thought Jai Courtney did a really good job as Kyle Reese in Genisys.

I loved Mother of Dragons as Sarah :D Except when she took out a Fairlady Z with her truck, that annoyed me.

lol. Not her fault entirely. Kyle spooked her. :D

Edited by Davy

Watched "Inside Man" (2006) yesterday. Story is about a perfectly planned bank robbery. Starring Denzel Washington and Clive Owen.
It is a 9 years old movie but still a good one.

Edited by JFLanka

Watched "Inside Man" (2006) yesterday. Story is about a perfectly planned bank robbery. Starring Denzel Washington and Clive Owen.

It is a 9 years old movie but still a good one.

Yup, one of the better heist movies. The movie spans out quite nicely too.

This thread remids me how much of catching up to do since I got back O_o

Watched a lighthearted animated movie called "Home". It had some great soundtracks from J'Lo and Rihanna.

More of a kids movie full of puns but Rihanna and Sheldon Cooper quite the combo... LOL ... the alien was very much another version of TBBT's sheldon cooper socially awkward and oblivious.

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watched "The Bridge on the River Kwai".. The movie was filmed in Sri Lanka in 1950s.. A friend of mine told me "denawaka hamine" is acting in that movie.. she must be very young by that time but i couldn't recognize her face in the movie..
It is a good movie and it features some nice shots of peradeniya botanical garden at that time..

• Like 2

Watched "The Bridge on the River Kwai".. The movie was filmed in Sri Lanka in 1950s.. A friend of mine told me "denawaka hamine" is acting in that movie.. she must be very young by that time but i couldn't recognize her face in the movie..

It is a good movie and it features some nice shots of peradeniya botanical garden at that time..

Watched it twise as a kid, I dont remember much except the train falling to the river. Must watch it again.

• Like 2

I watched a crappy CAM copy of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation cos I quite like Tom Cruise(Despite his involvement with that cooky cult,Scientology).And it was awesome.This is how a true action movie should be made. Vin Diesel and the F&F gang,please take note.Can't wait to watch it again when a decent copy comes out.

Speaking of Scientology,Watch 'Going Clear'.A great documentary about the "religion" and it's shady inner workings.

The bridge which explodes when the train was on it was built at Kitulgala this place is a minor tourist attraction - specially with Brits.

more on that here

Edited by matroska

Watched "The Shawshank Redemption" and "The Truman Show".. Both are great movies..

Shawshank Redemption is about a prison break story and it has the highest rating (9.3/10) of all time in IMDb..

And the Truman Show is another great movie of Jim Carry..

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Furious 7, I think its the movie from the series with the most unrealistic stunts ever. Flying cars? seriously? and its one of the worst plots ever. Learned some interesting facts though, the 98 white supra is Paul's car in real life.

• Like 1

Watched Furious 7, I think its the movie from the series with the most unrealistic stunts ever. Flying cars? seriously? and its one of the worst plots ever. Learned some interesting facts though, the 98 white supra is Paul's car in real life.

He had a few others as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N7FD6gS4wQ

Edited by Pericles

Recently watched two movies:
Escape from Alcatraz (1979) and The Green Mile (1999)

Both are superb movies.. and both stories revolve around prison., one is about a prison break and the other one about an inmate with a supernatural gift.

Watched San Andreas and it was good. For some reason it felt like a copy of 2012 (which was a good movie as well). Basically a nasty natural disaster that cripples San Francisco - the story is about a family that goes through the chaos (sounds so much like 2012 now doesn't it?).

Alexandra Daddario is just stunning in this one. :)

Watched San Andreas and it was good. For some reason it felt like a copy of 2012 (which was a good movie as well). Basically a nasty natural disaster that cripples San Francisco - the story is about a family that goes through the chaos (sounds so much like 2012 now doesn't it?).

Alexandra Daddario is just stunning in this one. :)

I kinda lost my interest in Alexandra Daddario after True Detectives :(