• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Windows 8 Pro

Nirosha

I think any one will like to have new Windows 8 for lowest price. So the Microsoft offers it for $ 39.99.

But you can buy it for $ 14.99 (media edition). if you bought a Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013 you can get this offer. Register for the offer at windowsupgradeoffer.com before February 28, 2013.

After you register they will send you a code to your e-mail (within few hours). Now go to windows 8 download page and download upgrade assistant.

IMPORTANT: This upgrade assistant should run on the pc that you want to install windows 8 as per the Microsoft.

Run upgrade assistant and follow the instruction. At the payment window I got lot of troubles. Even Microsoft offers various payment methods in that page I was able to use only a Visa credit card (not even the Paypal. Not sure this is only for Sri Lanka).

IMPORTANT: AMEX not accepted since there is a difference in card number digits.

It shows $ 39.99 in the order page and make the order. In the payment confirm page you can enter the promotion code you received before and you will get the discount in here.

Follow the instructions of the upgrade assistant.

That's all and good luck.

*. Even you didn't bought the pc in that time period they don't check that you have entered bogus date :medium-smiley-037::sport-smiley-004:.

Edited by Nirosha

• 8 months later...

Hi guys! Sorry for reviving this old thread...but does anybody have a working pirated copy of windows 8 for me to buy?

I checked at unity plaza but they don't have it because of copyright reasons..just wanted to check it out before upgrading to win8 pc...

Pls let me knw.....

My office has a 60GB SLT connection, can download and give if I know the torrent is real and activated. Our 60GB is barely enough for the month. When do you need it MD? and did you check the small shops in the building opposite to unity?

Edited by Reckless

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Reckless" data-cid="248628" data-time="1380635117"><p>

My office has a 60GB SLT connection, can download and give if I know the torrent is real and activated. Our 60GB is barely enough for the month. When do you need it MD? and did you check the small shops in the building opposite to unity?</p></blockquote>

I don't wanna be a bother and ask you to exceed your internet connection for me bro.It was mighty nice of you to offer to do that :)

To be honest I didn't personally go to unity but sent someone on my behalf.but I'm pretty sure no shop in unity plaza or mc doesn't have it....maybe ill go tommorw and check the shops opposite u mentioned..the thing is even shops far away from colombo doesn't have microsoft cds.so I'm sceptical they'll have it...

To be honest I didn't personally go to unity but sent someone on my behalf.but I'm pretty sure no shop in unity plaza or mc doesn't have it....maybe ill go tommorw and check the shops opposite u mentioned..the thing is even shops far away from colombo doesn't have microsoft cds.so I'm sceptical they'll have it...

I once went to Unity Plaze looking for Office 2010. Couldn't find it anywhere... But you CAN get it. Talk to the guy and if u look legit he will ask you to come back in 15 mins and burn a copy onto a DVD/CD.

MasterDon, Unfortunately. I doubt you could find a pre-cracked version of Win8, AFAIK, MS closed the loophole that allowed all versions of Windows from XP to 7 to be pre-cracked in Win8. However, it is still possible to pirate/crack Win8, but it has to be done manually after installation and then repeated every 6 months. :speechless-smiley-004:

Edited by leyland

On the subject of Windows 8, been using it for a couple of weeks now because the new laptop came pre-installed so I figured I'd ive it a shot... Gotta say it's not THAT bad when you get used to it, even the lack of start button is ok after a while and startup and such is definitely faster than Win 7.. The 4 different clicks/hovers needed to shut down is pretty infuriating though!

On the subject of Windows 8, been using it for a couple of weeks now because the new laptop came pre-installed so I figured I'd ive it a shot... Gotta say it's not THAT bad when you get used to it, even the lack of start button is ok after a while and startup and such is definitely faster than Win 7.. The 4 different clicks/hovers needed to shut down is pretty infuriating though!

You can add a shortcut for shutting down...

http://lifehacker.com/5953453/add-a-shutdown-button-to-the-windows-8-start-screen

http://lifehacker.com/5955162/how-to-not-get-lost-in-windows-8-the-best-shortcuts-and-tricks

Thanks for the offers and input you guys...We'll see how it goes eh,hit me up if you have any leads.

Did you try the CD shop near Pizza Hut Kiribathgoda? I have not visit for about an year. But they had some pirate things at that time.

I have PM you a link for Win 8. Just have a look.

Edited by Nirosha

Yes. First when I install the Win 8 it was headache. But now I used to it and quit better than Win 7. And the start button will be available in win 8.1 update. Windows 8.1 update will be released in October/ November 2013 as per the news.

Edited by Nirosha

Upgraded to 8.1 and been running it for a few weeks now. Packs a few neat updates, not so thrilled about bringing back the start button but tighter Skype integration and multiple tile size options etc are pretty good.

Been using win 8 for over a year and didn't find it as a big hassle. On a SSD it boots up in 6 seconds and been very stable and keep it in sleep all the time. Luckily my touch pad supported all the gestures and stuff but most of the older laptop users have not been lucky with it.

Upgraded to 8.1 and been running it for a few weeks now. Packs a few neat updates, not so thrilled about bringing back the start button but tighter Skype integration and multiple tile size options etc are pretty good.

Been using win 8 for over a year and didn't find it as a big hassle. On a SSD it boots up in 6 seconds and been very stable and keep it in sleep all the time. Luckily my touch pad supported all the gestures and stuff but most of the older laptop users have not been lucky with it.

Is it preview?

Finally a guy from Gamer.lk forums came through and installed Win 8 on my computer.Seems to be a great OS,dunno what the fuss is about. It basically looks like Windows 7 with some shiny bits,Now I can get those touchy feely laptops without worrying about the new OS,....Thanks for all your advice and input!
Did you try the CD shop near Pizza Hut Kiribathgoda? I have not visit for about an year. But they had some pirate things at that time.

I have PM you a link for Win 8. Just have a look.

That's the first place I looked machan,but they seem to have gone out of business.

• Like 1

Is it preview?

No mate. RTM appeared in MSDN a couple of weeks back. Was counting the days to upgrade and the moment it was released, got it installed.

The preview was said to be buggy and a hassle for a day to day use. So stayed out.

Finally a guy from Gamer.lk forums came through and installed Win 8 on my computer.Seems to be a great OS,dunno what the fuss is about. It basically looks like Windows 7 with some shiny bits,Now I can get those touchy feely laptops without worrying about the new OS,....Thanks for all your advice and input!

Yeah, not worth a massive fuss. At least from the top layer its just like 7 with a Tile (Metro) app layer on the top. On a conventional laptop, even with a touch screen this layer is almost useless IMO. But on a tablet I find it a pretty great experience. Advances I've noticed:

> Live tiles give you info at a glance and prefer it to traditional icons based OS.

> When you have multiple devices running the OS they integrate with each other, syncs content and settings, accessing libraries in each is seamless.

> Native People App is one of my favorites and merges all of your contacts across Phone, Outlook, FB, Skype, MSN, Yahoo, Google, Linked In etc etc. and you can IM, Call via any available service

> Other great apps: TOPGEAR, F1 Live, Netflix, CBS, HealthVault

So whay touchy feely devices are you looking at MD?