• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Windows 8 Pro

Nirosha

Finally a guy from Gamer.lk forums came through and installed Win 8 on my computer.Seems to be a great OS,dunno what the fuss is about. It basically looks like Windows 7 with some shiny bits,Now I can get those touchy feely laptops without worrying about the new OS,....Thanks for all your advice and input!

That's the first place I looked machan,but they seem to have gone out of business.

Good to hear that you sorted out it.

BTW did you get a copy of the dvd or at least an image of it (just in case)? Sure you can make a dvd set of currently installed system. But it is bulky and may take 3+ dvd to copy the system if I remember correctly.

I think best thing in the Windows 8 is we can refresh (or reset) the os without re-installing the os. Just like hard reset of a hand phone.

It is becoming hard to find good working pirated software/ games locally these days. Best way is torrents. Better you get a good data connection.

BTW your display supports touch?

No mate. RTM appeared in MSDN a couple of weeks back. Was counting the days to upgrade and the moment it was released, got it installed.

The preview was said to be buggy and a hassle for a day to day use. So stayed out.

I'm waiting for the final release. BTW what is the SSD you using. Love to have an SSD. But the price is still too high.. :sad-smiley-066: