• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Planing On Buying A Car For Tourism, Recommendations?

sharkteeth

Hi friends, i am planing on buying a car for tourism purpose. Do you guys have good recommendations?. I'll tell you my budget and requirements.

* Car has have space for lugage, boot is required, and should have english numbers within past 5 to 6 years

* Good fuel economy

* Price is below 2.2 Million Sri Lankan Rupees.

Currently i am looking in to Suzuki Liana with some J numbers, because it has good fuel economy with japanese reliability. Some people recommend me to go for a N17 Sylphy Nissan but i am not that aware of the fuel consumption.

Any recommendations?

okay using a Liana. its not that economical. its not a bad car.. have a big boot, enough leg space and basic luxuries but not the most economical.

my recommendations

• Nissan Wingroad Y11
  • Nissan FB15
  • Toyota Carina/Corona premio
  • Mazda familia wagon

these cars are usually used for tourism. and they will fulfill all your criteria.

• Like 1

Personally I would recommend a station wagon, particularly as carrying luggage will not be an issue. While as a smaller car is good for fuel economy, you have to be mindful of what the customer expects and you don't want it to be too cramped, particularly at the back.

So if opting for a Sedan, a Carina or a Premio might be a good choice (perhaps a diesel)

Very good Recommendations friends, how about N17 Nissan? bad on fuel? what did ya mean by not being economical when it comes to Suzuki Liana? Bad on fuel?

Very good Recommendations friends, how about N17 Nissan? bad on fuel? what did ya mean by not being economical when it comes to Suzuki Liana? Bad on fuel?

N17 is not much of a economical car. it gives around 8-9 kmpl. and the liana produce the same numbers of fuel figures as well

Opt for an N16. The N17 is a little more expensive to maintain particularly if the rear is involved in an accident. I remember there used to be a time when you can only buy the parts for the rear brand new.

Opt for an N16. The N17 is a little more expensive to maintain particularly if the rear is involved in an accident. I remember there used to be a time when you can only buy the parts for the rear brand new.

Not too sure of the rear story.

Am having a N17 (G10) sylphy and below are prons & cons

Comfortable

Lauxuary touch for sure

Enough boot and leg space

Fairly big car

Not economical(abt 8kmpl)

Suspension need to be carefully taken care

overall a good car

Anyway this car goes at 2.5 mn plus

Not too sure of the rear story.

Am having a N17 (G10) sylphy and below are prons & cons

Comfortable

Lauxuary touch for sure

Enough boot and leg space

Fairly big car

Not economical(abt 8kmpl)

Suspension need to be carefully taken care

overall a good car

Anyway this car goes at 2.5 mn plus

Well the rear lights of the N17 is not the same as the N16, and most N17s at that time were imported brand new by A*W. Hence there were no second hand parts for them and had to be bought brand new. My paint man runs a side business and he at the time (about 6-7 years ago now) bought a few N17s with rear and collisions repaired and sold them and used to complain about the cost of the rear lights etc.

From what I know the N17 isn't a newer car than the N16, just was the export model while the N16s came out of Singapore? The bluebird Sylphy was very similar as well.

I could be wrong here.

agree with dpbatagoda on this one. geely seems to be popular with tourist drivers. u can nab a 2007 or later manufactured one for about 15 laks, owing to the toyota engine, they are economical and cheap to maintain. only flip side is the build quality and the so called resale value. u can get a brand new one for your budget.

Sharkteeth (Ouch!) have a serious look at luggage space of the cars you are considering mate. Personally I would suggest going for a station wagon. Wingroad seem to be the popular one these days which is not a bad car. Guys any reason why we don't see many Corolla SWs on SL roads any more? Corolla L Touring was an ideal car for tourism back in the 90's.

If you can find one, the Galant SW is a fabulous car, better still if you can find a diesel. Don't know the status of parts availabilty though.