• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sri Lanka Classic Car Thread

Dinukap4

Kudos to anyone who keeps it in that condition.

Does anyone remember COMMER vans and Leyland Sherpa? any of those still alive around SL?

Go to Armour street/quarry road area. U might spot a few sherpas, a couple of Commers and even an old Morris Minor Taxi driven by an equally old fella. I doubt if he gets any passengers though.

There's also a 11 Sri three wheeler (the oldest model which has the engine under the driver's seat) in Colpetty area. I guess that too is a classic in a way.

This was on the h!tad too. reminds me of the DeLorean, may be coz of its gullwing doors.

Wow, the doors cant stand on its own and he is asking 6.5m for that.

The pics used to be there....it was a light lime green color...damn....or wasit silver...no it was the green

That car was advertised by the owner and taken off again as the Owner decided to restore it. Its getting resprayed as we speak I think. The engine was completely rebuilt to race spec too...

• Like 1

No Caterhams here,just a few Westfields and a couple of replicas...mind you,Caterham,Westfield 7 they're all replicas of the amazing Lotus 7.

There is also an original Lotus 7, belongs to the obeysekera family of maitland crescent, has quite some racing history i believe.

MD usually what will be the price of a replica , just to know :)

Well there is no set price,as the couple here were made by the owners themselves from exact blueprints...but about 10 years ago Rhamzi advertised his red car with the Carina GT engine for about 1.5 million,so it's safe to assume it'll be atleast twice as much now.

How I met my Moggy :D

gPXciql.jpg

I saw a white color rolls royce (picture) (i guess this car not quite sure though) 2 days back in R.A De Mel Mw with english numbers (wpKS-xxxx) anyone has any clue of this???

That is recent import by special permission,was intended for some museum down south...but...you know how it is...