• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sri Lanka Classic Car Thread

Dinukap4

Is it only me who smells something fishy here. Its a treasure hunt in one way, Isn't it. And giving a private email to send details of such cars... ????

I'm sure true enthusiasts in Sri lanka doing better job in preserving those old gems and hunting them down to bring them back to life.

note: Not trying to be negative on this initiative, but we hardly see genuine effort if Gov officials involved in these things, without financial gain.

Well. Most of the time University staff use their private email for ease of use (Office email is not convenience at all. It has lot of restrictions) than the office email. They have mentioned all the official details too. I think any problem can be sorted if you contact the officials.

• 3 years later...
On 2/19/2013 at 10:54 AM, HardHat said:
On 2/16/2013 at 9:31 PM, Schiffer said:

Austin Morris 250JU

rDuQRUC.jpg

quote]

Kudos to anyone who keeps it in that condition.

Does anyone remember COMMER vans and Leyland Sherpa? any of those still alive around SL?

Dear Friends,

I do have a commer van under restoration and it is actually came under dodge badge.

Please see some of pics.

Thanks.

Dinesh C

Dodge Spacevan - Frony View.jpeg

Dodge Spacevan - Side View.jpeg

Dodge Spacevan - Dashboard & Meter Cluster View.jpeg

• Like 3

On 6/3/2017 at 7:01 PM, Dinesh C said:

Dear Friends,

I do have a commer van under restoration and it is actually came under dodge badge.

Please see some of pics.

Thanks.

Dinesh C

Dodge Spacevan - Frony View.jpeg

Dodge Spacevan - Side View.jpeg

Dodge Spacevan - Dashboard & Meter Cluster View.jpeg

Wow that meter cluster looks like it was originally from a Sputnik

24 minutes ago, Quiet said:

Wow that meter cluster looks like it was originally from a Sputnik

Dear Quiet,

Thanks for your comment.

I do not know it resembles SPUTNIK or SOYUS control panels.

I am belong to old gen who had watched "Blake's 7" on TV - may be some inspiration out of that to this project.

A Commer fan also said this looks like a Spaceship - which is ideally suit for this particular model known as - Dodge Spacevan .

You should have seen the wire harness of this project. 

We made it complete new - Main Fuse Box, separate relay box, fuse box and all wires and sockets are nicely tagged with colour coded. (if someone has genuine interest in restoring an oldie, I can do it for you better than the original)

Anybody can now find electrical fault without refer any electrical schematic diagram.

Dinesh

• Like 2