• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2013 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

Californikan

Hmmm a non hybrid or eco hippy Cali post?...well I'll be.

Anyway it looks good,I just wish they had the double rear glass pointy backend of the 63...

zAoIi.jpg

I like it. Serious value for money, apart from the great looks.

Yeah it's cheap but at what price.You can't max out a corvette without killing yourself.Traction off the line ain't the problem,it's when you give it the beans in second or third gear it will tend fish tail and if you over correct it you've had it....The fact that it's mostly driven by lead footed stupid Americans doesn't help either.

• Like 1

Hmmm a non hybrid or eco hippy Cali post?...well I'll be.

Anyway it looks good,I just wish they had the double rear glass pointy backend of the 63...

zAoIi.jpg

I like it. Serious value for money, apart from the great looks.

Yeah it's cheap but at what price.You can't max out a corvette without killing yourself.Traction off the line ain't the problem,it's when you give it the beans in second or third gear it will tend fish tail and if you over correct it you've had it....The fact that it's mostly driven by lead footed stupid Americans doesn't help either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq7hLDLgzsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVv5T4_wDLc

Your interest Gives me a feeling that u would get one down and convert it to a hybrid :D

AND its a stunner, has better curves than any gal in the universe :D

I was lucky to see an original Stingray under restoration a couple of months back. Yet to see the 2013 in the flesh but looking at the pictures and video available, the styling is taking after the modern day Ferrari's and other Europeans. While it still looks amazing, it's a bit sad to see an iconic name lose it's originality.

I was lucky to see an original Stingray under restoration a couple of months back. Yet to see the 2013 in the flesh but looking at the pictures and video available, the styling is taking after the modern day Ferrari's and other Europeans. While it still looks amazing, it's a bit sad to see an iconic name lose it's originality.

its been a gradual process ryt? For the last decade or so, it hasnt been much different in shape.

its been a gradual process ryt? For the last decade or so, it hasnt been much different in shape.

Of course it changed over the years but it was a distinctive car with a unique presence.

This one seems a bit 'euro' doesn't it? By no means it's ugly. It's beautiful car but those arches and headlights remind me too much of Ferrai and the newer McLarens. The vette used to be a hardcore muscle car (although it was fiberglass LOL) this one doesn't seem to reflect vette heritage that's all :)

Of course it changed over the years but it was a distinctive car with a unique presence.

This one seems a bit 'euro' doesn't it? By no means it's ugly. It's beautiful car but those arches and headlights remind me too much of Ferrai and the newer McLarens. The vette used to be a hardcore muscle car (although it was fiberglass LOL) this one doesn't seem to reflect vette heritage that's all :)

True :)

I'm gonna stick my neck out for the C7. Yep while it lacked the finesse of a Euro sports car, the C6 was a great machine. Every review I read (even European ones) was very good. Also let's not forget the racing success of the C6 in the LM and ALM series beating European marques. Not even did the 911 have a factory backed race program during those years.

And it can be maxxed out. Just look at the Nordschleife times for the ZR1. Quicker than some Nissan GTRs and other exotica. But it would require skill and learning, like most high performance cars except a few.

The C7 can only be better! And for that price you can forgive those rough edges. I personally prefer the SRT Viper when it comes to American beef but I think at half the price the Vette is fab too.

Here are a few reviews of the C6/Z06/ZR1.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/chevrolet/corvette

http://www.topgear.com/uk/corvette/c6/verdict

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/first-drives/corvette-zr1

http://www.topgear.com/uk/corvette/zr-1/verdict

• 3 weeks later...
It's the Detroit Auto Show this week and Chevrolet unveiled the all-new seventh generation Corvette....

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2014-chevrolet-c7-corvette-stingray-z51-photos-and-info-news

2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-photo-4

2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-interio

It a beauty man, but dont go for anything American! They may look nice but they got cheaper and more fragile bodies. My friend acidently bumped into a camaro and a light touch busted the back bumper of the Cam, while his 2005 fors truck was unharmed. so much for new stuff. I prefer the 05 jaguar S

It a beauty man, but dont go for anything American! They may look nice but they got cheaper and more fragile bodies. My friend acidently bumped into a camaro and a light touch busted the back bumper of the Cam, while his 2005 fors truck was unharmed. so much for new stuff. I prefer the 05 jaguar S

:speechless-smiley-004: doesnt know the difference between Cheverolet, Ford, and Jaguar I guess

Then one should not go near a Ferrari too ? I heard they have their rear made to be destroyed on impact saving the passenger bay!