• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2013

MasterDon

Watched via Fox Sports Live. (Thanks again Vishkid for the link) Yes Vettel did a great drive but feeling pretty bad for what happened to Webber. He deserved that 4th and on his last SG GP.

Its good to hear DTV made that decision. may be since Dialog had a promotion on this they may have felt compelled to show it.

So Web and Alo get reprimanded for their little taxi ride,which means Webbo gets a 10 place grid penalty for Korea because he had to previous warnings this year.Yes maybe Alonso could have chosen a better spot to stop and off the racing line(both Mercs had to take evasive action)... but the penalty is too harsh.The stewards are taking the fun out of F1 I feel.

Here's the CCTV footage...

So Web and Alo get reprimanded for their little taxi ride,which means Webbo gets a 10 place grid penalty for Korea because he had to previous warnings this year.Yes maybe Alonso could have chosen a better spot to stop and off the racing line(both Mercs had to take evasive action)... but the penalty is too harsh.The stewards are taking the fun out of F1 I feel.

Here's the CCTV footage...

And the FIA continuing on their 'make the sport safe (boring?)' trend is now looking to officially ban/stop drivers picking up others. Mark's and Fernando's warnings were based on different infringements in that they entered the track without permission and drove in a manner which could be deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers respectively, but from now on even if they do it in a reasonably safe manner it could be an infringement.

If you look at an isolated incident, it's very hard to ignore the safety factor, but in conjunction with everything else going on with F1 at the moment - this just looks at another (small) nail in the coffin.

• Like 1

And the FIA continuing on their 'make the sport safe (boring?)' trend is now looking to officially ban/stop drivers picking up others. Mark's and Fernando's warnings were based on different infringements in that they entered the track without permission and drove in a manner which could be deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers respectively, but from now on even if they do it in a reasonably safe manner it could be an infringement.

If you look at an isolated incident, it's very hard to ignore the safety factor, but in conjunction with everything else going on with F1 at the moment - this just looks at another (small) nail in the coffin.

I couldn't agree more with your last sentence.It ain't looking great.With the slower engines that sound like washing machines,and teams all the way up to Lotus struggling for money and still Redbull refusing the budget cap agreement and spending even more...Even Bernie seems to be loosing his magic touch.

I dunno why Webber just didn't get on the other side of the car anyway.

Maybe cos it's easier for the right handed Webber to sit on the left,makes it easier to hold on to the car...Even on the slowing down lap they are probably doing 80-100kmph,so it takes a lot of strenght to keep youeself from falling,with the wind an' all...

Found the onboard footage!

I couldn't agree more with your last sentence.It ain't looking great.With the slower engines that sound like washing machines,and teams all the way up to Lotus struggling for money and still Redbull refusing the budget cap agreement and spending even more...Even Bernie seems to be loosing his magic touch.

I seriously cant understand why F1 has to go green.

1. When there are so many way less maintained, way less efficient V8s are running all over the world all year round especially in "the 'Merica" I can't understand the difference its going to make by capping supremely efficient 20+ engines running for roughly 60-70 days for a year just for a couple of hours

2. With manufacturers going green we are more and more restricted of owning a V8 (in SL of course its next to impossible) should we even be barred even from experiencing the thrill / the roar from a distance?

Somebody will make an F1 sound emulator app; you point your camera at the cars racing around the track and earphones will fill your ears with the appropriate sound effects from the pre washing machine era!

Seriously, one of you developers get on it - there will be demand :P

• 3 weeks later...

Maria de Villota Found dead.Seems like from complications from her injuries and not suicide.Pity,she was one of the better female drivers unlike Susie Wolff who sucked in other categories but gets Williams "test drives" thanks to her husband....

On a more cheery note,Suzuka this sunday.Looks like another Vettel show though...PeoTV still not airing the race on StarSports or ESPN...

Yeah, Vettel is looking good for his 4th world title. And He could possible seal it in this weekend, Alonso has a slightest chance if he can manage to finish in the podium. But having said that, this is Formula 1, so it not over until its really over ;)

PeoTV still not airing the race on StarSports or ESPN...

Pity that, they should timeshare SS2 for quali and race like DTV does. I'm not too worried though as ESPN HD carries everything from practice to race, it's worth the 200/- month ... only maybe not just worth to see Seb boy cruise to another win. :/

• 3 weeks later...

So four time world champion Vettel.Congrats to him and RBR...Mark Webber must have the worst luck ever.Some say the poor reliability is due to to the packaging of the whole car.Because Mark is a big-ish driver his KERS unit has to be placed very compactly and so it's prone to overheat...

While F1 is championship has petered out Motogp is the exact opposite.Marquez got black flagged last race and the lead is now down to 18 between him and Lorenzo with two races to go...It's gonna be an epic final couple of races..

• Like 1

Highlight of the day for me is that battle between Kimi and Grosjean , and Lotus is pretty disappointed the way Kimi reacted. But being typical Kimi I’m not surprised. Its going to be one interesting season when he race for Ferrari with Alonso :)

So Brawn to leave Mercedes.I hope he doesn't leave F1,...by far my favorite team principle.Off to McLaren maybe?...

Yes it will be interesting to see where he ends up. My wish is if he replaces Domenicali. But that's unlikely to happen.

• Like 1

Hulkenberg looks to Sauber to rescue F1 career
Nico Hulkenberg's best hope of simply staying in formula one is a new deal with Sauber, according to reports.

Pastor Maldonado's PDVSA millions, and Max Chilton's lucrative Aon backing, appear to have locked the doors to Lotus and even Force India for the highly rated German.

"We are up against 150 million (euros)," Hulkenberg's manager Werner Heinz told Bild newspaper.

(http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/14744-formula-1-2013/page-8#entry250433)

I've not been a fan of F1 for a long enough to comment on "the sad state of F1 today". But If the Hulk doesn't secure a seat in a decent team next year, it's gonna be a pretty sad situation to anyone who like or follow the game.

I really thought he would end up in Lotus but by the looks of it, its not gonna happen.

I've not been a fan of F1 for a long enough to comment on "the sad state of F1 today". But If the Hulk doesn't secure a seat in a decent team next year, it's gonna be a pretty sad situation to anyone who like or follow the game.

I really thought he would end up in Lotus but by the looks of it, its not gonna happen.

Yes. Everyone seems to be confused with this situation. I really thought that Ferrari should have signed him up instead of the unpredictable Ice man.....

I haven't been following things year coz its another Vettel-fest, but if Grojean and Maldanado end up on the same team...

Kimi out of the last two races cos of back surgery....

Being payed or not It's a bit unproffessional of him if you ask me.I'm sure he could have delayed the operation a few weeks.The guy has a history of losing his motivation sometimes.Particularly during the end of his contracts with McLaren and Ferrari.There's no way Lotus will now get second or third constructers with their reserve driver.