• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2013

MasterDon

Looks like the interest in F1 (at least judging from the activity on this thread compared to 2012 one ;) ) is driving away like Vettle drives away to victory from the pole!

I keep watching every race but all the racing is for the 2nd place downwards...

Hope things change with better cars under new rules for the other teams and heavyset combinations like Fernado-Kimi shaking up the balance and creating a bit of drama for 2014!

Do you think Kimi is faster than Fernando? I honestly think they both have similar approaches to raceday driving. Fernando seems to be a little more mature now in getting the car tuned to his liking.

But I can't understand Fernando's approach to qualifying, for a while I keep thinking that he should put his 500% in to qualifying but just seems to let the car inhibit him. It's as if he's accepted that 5th place is the average start for him.

• Like 1

Do you think Kimi is faster than Fernando? I honestly think they both have similar approaches to raceday driving. Fernando seems to be a little more mature now in getting the car tuned to his liking.

But I can't understand Fernando's approach to qualifying, for a while I keep thinking that he should put his 500% in to qualifying but just seems to let the car inhibit him. It's as if he's accepted that 5th place is the average start for him.

It's been a problem with the car IMO. The Ferrari 1. Could not get heat into the tyres fast enough, 2. Performed badly with full load of fuel. The only positives were that it performed better and better when the fuel load came down (by the time they were matching or even beating the Bull's the race was almost at the end) and had a blistering launch from the grid. Which helped them make up a couple of places.

Right now the car seems better but then R*D B*LL could not have been standing still. At least Vettel's bull is a couple of steps ahead of the red cars.

Have been watching every race Vishkid,just haven't been able to comment here....

Anyways even if Seb Vettel is dominating, for the f1 fans it is still quite enjoyable...It's the new whiny little fanboys bitching and moaning about the guy.You can't blame him for doing the best job in the best car...

As for Ferrari,I would have preferred Hulkenberg,of whom I'm a great admirer.Hope he gets the vacant Lotus drive...Kimi vs. Alo does make for a mouthwatering rivalry.It'll be quite interesting see how we do without a clear No.1 driver since the 80s.I only hope it doesn't tear apart the scuderia as Alonso particulary doesn't play the team game well...,God knows we need a championship so bad....

It may all may be to nothing ofcourse.Because of the new regs for next year.Ferrari turbo engined cars have always sucked big time.Rumour is Mercedes is the team to be at in 2014 and who knows what Newey will churn out for RBR too...

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

Have been watching every race Vishkid,just haven't been able to comment here....

Anyways even if Seb Vettel is dominating, for the f1 fans it is still quite enjoyable...It's the new whiny little fanboys bitching and moaning about the guy.You can't blame him for doing the best job in the best car...

As for Ferrari,I would have preferred Hulkenberg,of whom I'm a great admirer.Hope he gets the vacant Lotus drive...Kimi vs. Alo does make for a mouthwatering rivalry.It'll be quite interesting see how we do without a clear No.1 driver since the 80s.I only hope it doesn't tear apart the scuderia as Alonso particulary doesn't play the team game well...,God knows we need a championship so bad....

It may all may be to nothing ofcourse.Because of the new regs for next year.Ferrari turbo engined cars have always sucked big time.Rumour is Mercedes is the team to be at in 2014 and who knows what Newey will churn out for RBR too...

You have a point MD, turbo motors are pretty much uncharted ground for ferrari and quite apart from RBR/mercedes et al there's also the tiny detail of the f1 return of Mclaren-Honda!

I doubt the turbo engine will be any problem for Ferrari this time round. FPT is a master of Turbo charging making some of the most powerful and cleanest road cars turbo engine. Besides Ferrari designed and build turbo charged V8 and V6 engine for the two new Maserati Sedans not to mention it's own California. If at all I would predict them to have the most powerful engine on the grid.

Then there's the new duo of Rory Byrne and Allison working together next year. The last time these two worked together they comprehensively beat Adrian Newey. Who is undoubtedly the other half of R*D B*LL being unbeatable....

Edited by GTAm

I too have a lot of faith in Bryne and Allison, based on what I've researched and read. If the two drivers can keep a sensible head and engage in developing and tuning the car (like Fernando has been doing all the while), then Ferrari should be really formidable.

I like the fact that the whole team looks stable and mature - including the drivers. Contrary to what the media would have you believe, these two guys should bring synergy rather than chaos to the team as they understand the game better than anyone else.

Also the DC article below is a much accurate depiction of the situ than the lame "Alonso is faster than you" jokes so abundant :D

But the emphasis still on 'could' rather than 'would'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/ferrari/10303515/Kimi-Raikkonens-return-could-re-energise-Ferrari.html

Edited by vishkid

I doubt the turbo engine will be any problem for Ferrari this time round. FPT is a master of Turbo charging making some of the most powerful and cleanest road cars turbo engine. Besides Ferrari designed and build turbo charged V8 and V6 engine for the two new Maserati Sedans not to mention it's own California. If at all I would predict them to have the most powerful engine on the grid.

Then there's the new duo of Rory Byrne and Allison working together next year. The last time these two worked together they comprehensively beat Adrian Newey. Who is undoubtedly the other half of R*D B*LL being unbeatable....

I wasn't talking about road cars at all,just F1....Historically Ferrari have never been at it's best whenever the turbos were the dominant engines.Either they were sticking stubbornly to bigger NAs or making woefully inept turbo engines...And if tweets of F1 technical pundits like Craig Scarborough and Mark Priestly are anything to go by Mercedes is the engine looking most promising for 2014.Not only is it rumoured to have a power advantage over the other two but it is supposed to have better overall packaging with the turbo,intercooler,KERS unit and it's batteries.

I wasn't talking about road cars at all,just F1....Historically Ferrari have never been at it's best whenever the turbos were the dominant engines.Either they were sticking stubbornly to bigger NAs or making woefully inept turbo engines...And if tweets of F1 technical pundits like Craig Scarborough and Mark Priestly are anything to go by Mercedes is the engine looking most promising for 2014.Not only is it rumoured to have a power advantage over the other two but it is supposed to have better overall packaging with the turbo,intercooler,KERS unit and it's batteries.

True true. However that was only because of that stubborn man called Enzo was around. He thought that they should never develop anything other than V12s. He did not like turbo charging or even lessening the number of cylinders so how could his engineers perform in confidence. My point is now Ferrari is part of the Fiat Group and they have extensive experience in Turbo charged engines and no inhibitions, both in road cars and race cars so the situation is very different. Definitely a very big power difference will be advantageous to Mercedes but I can't imagine Ferrari and Renault being very far behind considering how evenly technology is matched in the automotive industry. Anyway looks like it's shaping up to be a very exciting season.

• Like 1

Is it confirmed that we will not be able to watch Singapore GP on TV due to Cricket and Football? I'm totally disappointed with Fox Sports asia on this issue for the sub-con.

If that's the case, does anyone know a place which will broadcast the race with access to Star asian feed?

• Like 1

I saw that Dialog EPG had no mention (apart from delayed Qualifying broadcast in the wee hours), so I checked with foxsportsasia who now owns all the sports channels in Dialog TV (Indian feeds, naturally) and yep - the Dialog EPG is correct. I sent them a frustrated email and posted in thier FB, but unlikely that would even get noticed.

So, the long and the short of it is, that we are f*$#ed, thanks to Cricket and - to a certain extent - Footie.

k9master - the usual suspects like the vipbox carry the UK and Fox sports feeds but they are not always reliable. I missed to check them out at FP3, will do so at qualifying.

Actually it's happening only for us. India is having ESPN 2 which telecast F1. We are stuck with some bloody CLT shit. Very disappointed.

Really? Who's running ESPN2 - it certainly is not in the Fox Sports fortfolio. None of the Indian D2H services carry it as well, so unless it's a C band satellite channel, it pretty well does not exist.

Really? Who's running ESPN2 - it certainly is not in the Fox Sports fortfolio. None of the Indian D2H services carry it as well, so unless it's a C band satellite channel, it pretty well does not exist.

Oh my bad wishkid.... Must be corrected as Star Sports 2,,,, hell I'm so frustrated I should go out for a drive (sigh)

Oh my bad wishkid.... Must be corrected as Star Sports 2,,,, hell I'm so frustrated I should go out for a drive (sigh)

Oh sure, yep we don't even have that.

I'm watching it online .. but I'm sure my dongle's data usage will run out before tomorrow's race is over!

http://live.foxsportsasia.com/f1/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Companion+Promo+Post&utm_content=Companion+site+link&utm_campaign=british_gp

http://www.vipboxsports.me/sports/formula-1.html

Edited by vishkid

Thanks so much guys.Found the fox official web feed earlier but thought it will not carry the full coverage apart from any interesting incidents / highlights. But have faith in the vipbox though.Vishkid, think a speed check extension or even buying a prepaid sim will definitely be worth it man...
Thanks so much guys.Found the fox official web feed earlier but thought it will not carry the full coverage apart from any interesting incidents / highlights. But have faith in the vipbox though.Vishkid, think a speed check extension or even buying a prepaid sim will definitely be worth it man...

DTV is broadcasting Star Sports2 i/o ESPN to show the race. Thankful to them!

How was Fernando's start? Time and again he keeps getting those amazing starts, to bad he (sort of) gives up at qualifying.

Another awesome drive by RBR and Vettel. But the poor guy must find it so depressing to face public jeering at almost every podium now.

I couldn't remember it so well, but it was quite a while before the other German multiple champion got booed off, wasn't it?