• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2013

MasterDon

• 2 weeks later...

So its time for Baharain GP. Impressive lap earned Rosberg pole, Also really impressed with Massa's run and I hope he will have what it takes to finish up in the podium this evening (fingers crossed) :)

So its time for Baharain GP. Impressive lap earned Rosberg pole, Also really impressed with Massa's run and I hope he will have what it takes to finish up in the podium this evening (fingers crossed) :)

Massa is my pick for the win.He's on the harder tyre on P4( after penalties to Webber and Hamilton).If he can just keep his nose clean at the start and put a few strong laps when the three guys ahead of him on the softer compound pits,the race is as good as his.

Mclaren are really struggling for pace,the car may be slow but I think what they"re missing most is an out and out fast guy like Hamilton who can get the maximum out of a car and then some...And I think they might be regretting the knee jerk reaction signing of Perez last year,He is an OK driver but his podiums last year came from the Sauber being so good on it's tyres.Hulkenberg deserved that place more than anyone.Ofcourse Perez bringing sponsership money amounting to tens of million might have had something to do with it too.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure stefano domenicali must be a very happy man this weekend in Spain. Ferrari had a fantastic race and Alonso won his 2nd race of the season. However he used 5 set of tires out of 6 available!. What is more exciting about this race was Mass's performance. Despite the grid penalty he managed to finish 3rd. Looks like good old Massa is back :)

Having said that, I'm pretty disappointing with Mercedes.

So this race was about tires, too much about tires for many-a-pundit's liking and in a way I too was dissapointed not to see cars full out racing. The strategies and pit-stops add a sense of excitement and mystery to the proceedings but imagine the fan at the track itself, who will just see F1 cars going around at GP3 speeds and not hv the benefit of all the real-time analysis to make it all that exciting :|

Anyhow, I was really happy with the way the Ferrari's attacked - in the first few laps as well as during pit-stops (where Alonso edged Vettle). If Massa had not had the need to comeback so soon for his 2nd stop, he might still hv made a real claim for the 2nd spot - and that too coming up from the 9th!

Surely Mercedes hv proven yet again that they hv not balanced the car for race (the issues they've had for more two seasons) - what's the use of qualifying so well if the car cannot handle tires or brakes for the race? The "I can't go any slower" comment really sums it up. But if they get to the top again in Monaco and hold everyone in - then there is a good chance of podium for them. For me, that would be utterly disappointing but then again what more can you expect within the restrictions of Monaco?

Below is a comment from JB on tires:

"A lot of people watching will think there’s a lot of overtaking, it’s great, isn’t it? But I see a car behind and I let it past. If I block I might destroy my tyres. When we’re going round doing laps three seconds slower than a GP2 car did in qualifying, and only six seconds quicker than a GP3 car did in the race, there’s something wrong. This is the pinnacle of motor sport. We shouldn’t be driving round so slowly to look after the tyres."

McLaren-Honda is back!...I hope the red and white Marlboro livery makes a return too... http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/8715391/Honda-Confirm-F1-Return-With-McLaren

I sincerely hope they are not as successful as the last time these two great institutions partnered up.Otherwise it might be tough times ahead for us the Tifosi.Then again last time they had a dream team consisting of Gordon Murray,Mr.Honda himself,Ron Dennis,Prost and Senna.Now they have Jenson 'no grip' Button,Pay driver Perez and spineless Whitmarsh...oh dear!

McLaren-Honda is back!...I hope the red and white Marlboro livery makes a return too... http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/8715391/Honda-Confirm-F1-Return-With-McLaren

I sincerely hope they are not as successful as the last time these two great institutions partnered up.Otherwise it might be tough times ahead for us the Tifosi.Then again last time they had a dream team consisting of Gordon Murray,Mr.Honda himself,Ron Dennis,Prost and Senna.Now they have Jenson 'no grip' Button,Pay driver Perez and spineless Whitmarsh...oh dear!

Those were the sleepy days at the Scuderia (and Ferrari itself) MD before LDM was given the reigns. Under his stewardship it's hard to imagine SF not being a front runner. The scary thing is that he's now 66 years old.....Although he still looks good :).

Yes Soichiro was a guy with a passion for motorsport. That was the winning ingredient back then and of course there was the rest of the dream team.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so he was on fresh softest compound tyres,but the last couple of Laps by Raikonnen overtaking four cars was very impressive nontheless,especially as it was Monaco...

Controversy! as Mercedes did a test for Pirelli after Barcelona GP in their current car.FIA,RB and Ferrari are not happy...Frankly I hope this goes in favour of merc because we need a strong third team to challenge the bulls and take points off of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6NHeAHzNew

And Finaaly the stunt pigeon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8pofuLBF48

Edited by MasterDon

Controversy! as Mercedes did a test for Pirelli after Barcelona GP in their current car.FIA,RB and Ferrari are not happy...Frankly I hope this goes in favour of merc because we need a strong third team to challenge the bulls and take points off of them.

Dude, I know you are a die hard Tifosi, but even you have to admit, Ferrari are rarely ever happy about anything.

Dude, I know you are a die hard Tifosi, but even you have to admit, Ferrari are rarely ever happy about anything.

Oh yes I'm well aware.There were times in the Schumacher era where I even questioned my Tifosiness...but what can you do eh,when nearly 60 years supporting the Scuderia runs in the family... :)

• 4 weeks later...

Audi won again and the Toyota's were just not quick enough.

Great result for Morgan in the LMP2 class and Porsche won both the GTE classes with relative ease. Here are the results.

http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichiers/1/1/ressources/Pdf/2013/24-heures-du-mans/classification/race/24-heures-du-mans-2013-classifcation-after-24h.pdf

So Webber has decided to leave F1 after this season. One of the better drivers in current time. Intetsting to know who is goin to fill the Aussies' seat.

Edited by Simplelife

Yeah one of the gentleman racers left on the grid,and he would have won the 2010 championship if he was a bit ruthless and selfish.Rumor is he'll join the Porche endurence LMP1 racing team or the 911 Supercup series in 2014.Some say it'll be V8 supercars.

As for who'll replace him at RBR.Most probably it'll be Vergne or Ricciardo.Raikkonen is also tipped for the seat but highly unlikely IMO...I for one hope Hulkenberg will get the seat,guy really deserves a drive with one of the top teams.

What a fantastic British GP that was. Lewis had a fantastic run despite that tyre failer.. then saw Vettle ending his race due to gear box failer and there after the total race became very intersting. Fernando did a great job to end up in the podium and reducing the total gap between him and Vettle. Then saw Webber having a fantasic race on his last British GP.

All and all for me its the best race for this season but clearly FIA had to rethink about the current tyre as we saw multiple tyre failers in a single race.

Interesting race, don't know whether to love it or hate it. Certainly don't appreciate all the drama with the tyres.

Anyhow, Mercedes star seems to be on the ascendancy, it's almost as if they got an opportunity to fine tune their car that the other teams did not get... oops! :o

Feel sorry for Vettel, but this does open up the season for an interesting middle part; Germany, Italy all will be fought tooth and nail.

Interesting race, don't know whether to love it or hate it. Certainly don't appreciate all the drama with the tyres.

Anyhow, Mercedes star seems to be on the ascendancy, it's almost as if they got an opportunity to fine tune their car that the other teams did not get... oops! :o

Feel sorry for Vettel, but this does open up the season for an interesting middle part; Germany, Italy all will be fought tooth and nail.

C'mon, they have been reprimanded for that, they have been banned for coming to the end of season dinner party so the matter is closed now. :D

C'mon, they have been reprimanded for that, they have been banned for coming to the end of season dinner party so the matter is closed now. :D

Seriously? I couldn't think of any more fitting punishment. I'm so glad that FIA is soooo above board, intelligent and transparent. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like Filipe has made his discision to leave Ferrari after this season. Never saw the real Filipe after that 2008 season, nevertheless will Ice man fill in to the vacant seat?

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/09/10/massa-confirms-ferrari-departure-in-2014/