• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2013

MasterDon

McLaren apologises for flying Mexican flag with MARIJUANA leaf at US Grand Prix

McLaren have issued a public apology to the Mexican government after Mexican flags bearing a marijuana leaf flew above one of the team merchandising stalls at the US Grand Prix.

The former champions ordered the flags to be taken down after a complaint to F1 organisers from the local Mexican consulate.

McLaren this week announced Sergio Perez, one of two Mexican drivers in F1, will not be retained next season.

“It was a regrettable incident and embarrassing for us,” said team boss Martin Whitmarsh.

“The flag was not an official McLaren product as you might imagine.

“It was a third party sub-contractor from an agent so it was some distant from us.

“A mistake was made. It caused some embarrassment, we withdrew the products from the stands.

“We don’t run the stands but we nevertheless went out and did so.”

Whitmarsh refused to confirm the identity of the supplier, thought to be British with F1 links.

Marijuana-flag-2801198.jpg

Quote-Mirror Sports http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1/mclaren-flies-mexican-flag-marijuana-2801197

MINIACE

• 2 weeks later...
In a way I'm glad this season ended. The entire 2nd half of the season was a major snooze fest.

Admit it Vettel reigned in that period, he was unstoppable and was clinical in the way he ran all those races. A dream run you could say, lets see for how long he could keep up.

Yeah, he'll probably go down in the history books as a great driver.

But right here right now; it just isn't exciting to watch. Can you honestly say that you sit at the edge of your seat watching every single lap. I simply skipped the Abu Dhabi race and fast forwarded the Brazil race.

Yeah, he'll probably go down in the history books as a great driver.

But right here right now; it just isn't exciting to watch. Can you honestly say that you sit at the edge of your seat watching every single lap. I simply skipped the Abu Dhabi race and fast forwarded the Brazil race.

Almost every motorsport have one team and driver who just sit atop every other team, it happened in the past and will happen in the future. FIA bought in new rules and regulations to make all cars closer on paper but still some do manage to squeeze in a little bit more out of their cars. Look at WRC Loeb and Citroen reigned supreme till last year and from then onwards its been Ogier and VW.

A one make will series is the only way where everyone will be given an equal opportunity to drive and win based on how good you drive and how well you are suited.

Lets see how the new era will be like for F1 with the exodus of the V8 engines.

Never expected this to happen:

World renowned Formula One racing driver Daniel Ricciardo will be in action together with his R*D B*LL Formula One (F1) racing car at the Colombo Night Race next month.

Ricciardos F1 car will be accompanied by another R*D B*LL F1 racing car, and this will be the first time that an F1 car will race on the streets of Sri Lanka.

President of the Carlton Motor Sports Club Dinesh Jayawardana said that this will be the start in the efforts to have Sri Lanka on the F1 map.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/14744-formula-1-2013/page-8#entry251617

Edited by k9master

Haha those cheeky bastards!...Ferrari testing the 2014 V6 on a Laferrari chassis...The authenticity of this video is unverified but it seems to be genuine and the track is definitely Fiorano...

Sounds good no?

Edited by MasterDon

You got to hang out with French chicks and now this....you bastard!I hate you!

- I'd ask him about how he is gonna adapt to driving turbos

-Will the weight difference between him and Vettel and him be a disadvantage(Daniel is about 10KG heavier than Vettel I think)

-Is he concerned about the fact that F1 cars are getting slower because of the rule changes and smaller engines...Webber was very outspoken regarding this.

• Like 1

You got to hang out with French chicks and now this....you bastard!I hate you!

- I'd ask him about how he is gonna adapt to driving turbos

-Will the weight difference between him and Vettel and him be a disadvantage(Daniel is about 10KG heavier than Vettel I think)

-Is he concerned about the fact that F1 cars are getting slower because of the rule changes and smaller engines...Webber was very outspoken regarding this.

I'm not sure he'll be able to answer 1, but I'll definitely bring up the last one. Any chance on a link to a article or anything like that?

I'm also planning on asking if he will consider a Ferrari drive, if everything was open and an offer was made, being of Italian ancestry and all ;) Apparently the boy is a fan of two wheelers too :)

I'm not sure he'll be able to answer 1, but I'll definitely bring up the last one. Any chance on a link to a article or anything like that?

I'm also planning on asking if he will consider a Ferrari drive, if everything was open and an offer was made, being of Italian ancestry and all ;) Apparently the boy is a fan of two wheelers too :)

Regarding #1 I'm sure they have a pretty good idea even now Peri.The teams have caliberated their simulators to 2014 spec cars even before the start of 2013 season.Plus the basic rules of driving NA and turbos cars apply to F1 too...Throttle input etc

As for #3.I read an article earlier in the year where Webber was lauding the V10 era and bashing the coming 'greener' V6s and Pirelli but for the life off me I can't find it...Will keep looking.

But it's not only him.Skip to the 9min mark on the vid below and see Vettel commenting the cars slowing down at last week's Autosport awards....Infact watch the whole video,Its hilarious.

Regarding #1 I'm sure they have a pretty good idea even now Peri.The teams have caliberated their simulators to 2014 spec cars even before the start of 2013 season.Plus the basic rules of driving NA and turbos cars apply to F1 too...Throttle input etc

As for #3.I read an article earlier in the year where Webber was lauding the V10 era and bashing the coming 'greener' V6s and Pirelli but for the life off me I can't find it...Will keep looking.

But it's not only him.Skip to the 9min mark on the vid below and see Vettel commenting the cars slowing down at last week's Autosport awards....Infact watch the whole video,Its hilarious.

Have the drivers begun testing the actual cars yet? Have they even been unveiled yet?

Another question, any changes in the tires or the tire rules? I mean, there was a lot of uncertainty on that last year, right?

Edited by Pericles

@schiffer,lucky u man its comming to your door step...some one told me that they are only going to show the car in kandy never mentioned about a demo run....

lol yeap. deffs going, will be infront of maligawa.afaik