• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2013

MasterDon

Yup.But their designer has said that they'll fix a sort of "vanity plate" later on to cover up the step if there is any aerodynamic advantage to be had...

I watched the interviews, they had the live event on google +. They said that even that would add a few grams of weight, so they didn't want to do that unless there was a clear reason for it. But it seems most of the competition has fully redesigned the nose.

Sauber C32...I'm loving the new livery,hope the hulk does well with it and go to Ferrari next year...This is also sporting a vanity plate,So as Peri said the teams will decide to keep it or not depending on wether the extra downforce is worth the added weight,after the three tests.

ehooiWs.jpg

Sauber C32...I'm loving the new livery,hope the hulk does well with it and go to Ferrari next year...This is also sporting a vanity plate,So as Peri said the teams will decide to keep it or not depending on wether the extra downforce is worth the added weight,after the three tests.

I'm loving this new livery. Much nicer that the conservative Whitewash they had before. I do hope we don't mistake this for a McLaren in the distance though.

Edited by esdeez

Love the Sauber livery! Incidentally it seems that Mercedes virtual preview of the car (yesterday) didn't go as to plan.

Love the Sauber livery! Incidentally it seems that Mercedes virtual preview of the car (yesterday) didn't go as to plan.

I don't know what this virtual preview is, but Merc has definitely launched the car. Saw a video of it going around Jerez and Hamilton filming it with the new Blackberry. Brand ambassador, I guess. They also had an interview of Rosberg to get his initial thoughts on the car just after driving.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/114572383006851793620/posts/GJCwwWVKjiW

Actually, Mercedes AMG F1 stream on G+ has been giving lots of coverage to the new Merc.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/114572383006851793620/posts

I don't know what this virtual preview is, but Merc has definitely launched the car.

Yep. They had an issue with the webcast sneak-preview on 1st or 2nd Feb, as their servers went down.

It will be Rosberg-Hamilton-Rosberg-Hamilton on the 4 days of Jerez testing. Hamilton says the steering had too many buttons than what he was used to at McLaren (pun intended?), and he managed to take down a lot of 'em.

Which makes me wonder - can each driver customize the steering wheel to his preference?

A few hours in to testing and the Merc is already on fire...literally! https://twitter.com/skysportspete/status/298736109918240768

Yep. They had an issue with the webcast sneak-preview on 1st or 2nd Feb, as their servers went down.

It will be Rosberg-Hamilton-Rosberg-Hamilton on the 4 days of Jerez testing. Hamilton says the steering had too many buttons than what he was used to at McLaren (pun intended?), and he managed to take down a lot of 'em.

Which makes me wonder - can each driver customize the steering wheel to his preference?

To a certain extent I think...For example Massa prefers chunkier buttons to Alonso tiny slimmer ones.but as far as reducing or increasing the number of buttons or altering their function there is very little give from the engineers.I remember David Coulthard liked the steering wheel on his McLaren so much he actually got R*D B*LL to buy the design off them when he changed teams.

• Like 1

I had a major, "wait... what?" kinda moment when I misread buttons as bottoms. :lol:

Like, OK then.... moving on :D

LOL..that may very well be true in both cases,have you seen Alonso's new girl?She looks like a 12 year old...no bottom whatsoever

http://sasha.fashionfave.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Alonso-Dasha-Kapustina_16acd.jpg

Caterham CT03,Marussia MR2 and STR8...Williams to launch by second test...Kovainen out at Caterham and Van de Garde in.Pity,I've always liked Heikki,but his years at McLaren being thrashed by Hamilton didn't do his career any favours.

SLW7nXx.jpg

KgizbBs.jpg

oUyYZUb.jpg

Edited by MasterDon

LOL..that may very well be true in both cases,have you seen Alonso's new girl?She looks like a 12 year old...no bottom whatsoever

http://sasha.fashionfave.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Alonso-Dasha-Kapustina_16acd.jpg

Arrgh Fernando ... Vettle is probably sexier than her! :P

• 2 weeks later...