• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

121 X Grade Vs 121 G

tharakadp

Hi Guys,

Can anyone state the differences between 2005 121 X grade and G grade? (Please note: I'm not referring LXi or LX grades)

X grade is basic spec, G grade is the higher spec. Also, do a search.

Edited by Supra_Natural

1,) The X grade comes with manua AC and the G Grade comes with climate control AC

2.) the G grade comes with rear arm rest

3.) most the G grade with White meter cluster and the X grade came with a black meter cluster

4.) most of the G grades came with semi or full teak interior

Also we had something called G limited. the same as the G, but had nickle door handles.

1,) The X grade comes with manua AC and the G Grade comes with climate control AC

3.) most the G grade with White meter cluster and the X grade came with a black meter cluster

Also we had something called G limited. the same as the G, but had nickle door handles.

To extend the list a bit

5. some X grades came with semi teak interior

6. some X grades had nickle door handles

My apologies if I am confusing things but some JDMs come with a weird mixture of options and some cars have been modified/refurbished before they are imported.

What you are seeking is this. (As this is JDM Catalog, it is in Japanese)

Toyota Corolla - 2004 December JDM Catalog

Link to download:

http://web-cache.stream.ne.jp/www09/toyota-catalog/pdf/corolla-3/corolla-3_200412.pdf

121tu.jpg

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

To extend the list a bit

5. some X grades came with semi teak interior

6. some X grades had nickle door handles

My apologies if I am confusing things but some JDMs come with a weird mixture of options and some cars have been modified/refurbished before they are imported.

So the difference is:

Some Gs came with the teak intrior and some did not. In addition some Gs came with nicle door handles.

Some Xs came with the teak intrior and some did not. In addition some Xs came with nicle door handles.

:rolleyes:

ahhhh... the things some people loose sleep over...

So the difference is:

Some Gs came with the teak intrior and some did not. In addition some Gs came with nicle door handles.

Some Xs came with the teak intrior and some did not. In addition some Xs came with nicle door handles.

:rolleyes:

ahhhh... the things some people loose sleep over...

Gets worse, the XLI comes with a mix of all these features as well. and now it seems that the Luxel comes with the white as well as the black meter cluster..

This is the best way to explain this

for the G grade, the sunroof is "optional" and for the X grade, the sunroof cannot be added

and the G Grade comes with climate control AC but the X grade comes with manual

all the other things are optional.

basically the person who invented the grading system for toyota should be fired. the same case goes to almost every other models.

• Like 2

1.X has an antenna.G has no antenna.

2.G has chrome lines above the rear number plate,and the below the windows(referring to 2002 and above models).

3.G has Automatic climate control ac.x does not have

4.G's glove box has two parts.X has only one part.

5.G has a rear arm rest.X does not have.

6.Every G has a rpm meter.X limited has a rpm meter.but X does not.

7.G has semi teak interior.G limited has full teak interior.X does not have.

8.X has only 2 speakers on the front doors.G has 4 speakers

7.G has a beeding on the doors.x does not have.

This is the best way to explain this

for the G grade, the sunroof is "optional" and for the X grade, the sunroof cannot be added

and the G Grade comes with climate control AC but the X grade comes with manual

all the other things are optional.

basically the person who invented the grading system for toyota should be fired. the same case goes to almost every other models.

What if i told you there are around 15 variants in Hiace DX itself :D

Gets worse, the XLI comes with a mix of all these features as well. and now it seems that the Luxel comes with the white as well as the black meter cluster..

Plus it has a different gear shifter, i dont know the correct name for it

The hell's wrong with the grading system of toyota?

and i can believe that. -.-

looks like there is a guy who goes "hmmm im gonna name this G... and im gonna call you X" out of random before coming out of the factory.

like JDnet said. u could just put a G badge and sell it :D

The hell's wrong with the grading system of toyota?

and i can believe that. -.-

looks like there is a guy who goes "hmmm im gonna name this G... and im gonna call you X" out of random before coming out of the factory.

like JDnet said. u could just put a G badge and sell it :D

Actually, the standard grades for each model is set and typically over an annivessary or the mid cycle refresh or trying to get rid of stock before launching the next generation (as in the case of RAV4 right now where only the G is offered either stripped down to a X or kitted out to be a Sport> they might alter the grades or release special packages for a certain grade <which by itself is confussing>. The problem is made greater because Toyota lets its dealer network offer various customizations and accessory additions than most other brands out here, and the dealers go hay wire with it. For example an Axio sold through a Corolla network might define its G grade to have one set of accessories as standard whilst the Axio which Nets sells (I don't think Nets offers the Axio anymore) might have the G grade with one set of accessories as standard. So it is the marketing guys who need to be shot in the damn head. The 1.5 litre Premio G Superior is one example. Toyota does the G and G Superior only for the 2 litre model but the dealers plug in the cosmetic crap and charge more money for a standard 1.5 litre L package (or is it now the EX package??).

It is a lot more simpler with the others...they might not offer that high a level of accessory mix-ups but what they do offer still matches up and sometimes even exceeds what Toyota offers and is a lot more simpler.

So basically if one wants to see what the actual inclusions are for each grade I would just see what the manufacturer's standard options list is for the standard grade classifications <which are typically found on the sales brochure> anything more than that is just extra icing on the cake.

• Like 4