• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic Eg4 Jdm Spec'd

civic eg4

I see, imports laws to bring down a used import to sri lanka are tougher than the ones we have down here lol

I guess the imports laws are tougher in SL because our standards are higher.

It makes sense in a way: There's no point filling up the country with older cars that are less fuel efficient, have less advanced safety features and higher / more toxic emissions etc.

apoo.. dual citizen eh.. maxxa chater...

You betray our country and go try to become a white-man and now you want to import a car tax free? I think the customs procedure for this case is the "nawila waren" permit.

Everyone who has a dual citzenship isnt a "kallu suda" di**head, there are sri lankans who live abroad and love's sri lanka as much as you do, so don't judge everyone in that same manner :) . Since you haven't got a car and can't give a helpful hand when a question is asked just don't talk in my thread okay buddy :)

I guess the imports laws are tougher in SL because our standards are higher.

It makes sense in a way: There's no point filling up the country with older cars that are less fuel efficient, have less advanced safety features and higher / more toxic emissions etc.

Well that is certainly correct, If i bring down a car to sri lanka for my personal use it'll probably be a brand new one. I wanted to know if there was any taxes or benefits when bringing down a used car purely for racing purposes (track only) :)

What?...How dare you!!!!!!!!...That car belongs to a very dear friend of mine.I'll have you know that car is a beast.Itz pumping out 450BHP at the front wheels.and he has a imported piston too.This one time he let me borrow his stud bar and Greddy exhaust and my car's BHP was increased too....Anyway it should be be easily able to smoke that shitty little shopping trolley you call a car.infact you sissy little hatchback isn't even in the same league as the great legendary CRXs....

I didn't say anything about the capability of the car did I? it probably makes a 1000BHP's who cares... I was talking about that spoiler and the aluminum exhaust that was on it. well Mr MD I'll have you know that the car you called a "shitty little shopping trolley" can smoke a HSV grange at the start line. which comes out of the factory pushing over 380BHP and then they get cammed and their exhaust's upgraded which makes them push out 480BHP's at the dyno. It's all 'power to weight ratio', and the ability of the driver. You just happen to be a hater of this car...well I don't really give a rat's ass about that lol

Nice hatch. If you are going to do any track work, you'll have to ditch the stock engine and get something better. Where in Aus are you located btw?

On a side note, why don't you save all the money that you are going to spend on this car and get an Integra Type R/S or an S2000? I know it is hard to find good examples, but I have seen a few floating around in carsales. All of those cars are P-plater friendly. I have seen freshly imported EP3 Type R s going for around 15K.

Cheers

• Like 1

well Mr MD I'll have you know that the car you called a "shitty little shopping trolley" can smoke a HSV grange at the start line.

well, I am not so sure about that bit mate.. :sad-smiley-058:

Edited by GearHead

Nice hatch. If you are going to do any track work, you'll have to ditch the stock engine and get something better. Where in Aus are you located btw?

On a side note, why don't you save all the money that you are going to spend on this car and get an Integra Type R/S or an S2000? I know it is hard to find good examples, but I have seen a few floating around in carsales. All of those cars are P-plater friendly. I have seen freshly imported EP3 Type R s going for around 15K.

Cheers

cheers buddy :) the car currently has a D15B VTECH from japan, yeh havent found a decent B16A to upgrade to looking around in auction houses for a decent B16A. Yeah but over here in WA the s2000 and type r's are all thrashed and expensive assss :(. It was real hard to find the EG4 i got, had to wait for over 3 months to find a good one :)

Edited by civic eg4

well, I am not so sure about that bit mate.. :sad-smiley-058:

happens everyday after uni with my mates hsv, I told him it would pick up much faster at the lights if he took away that bulky sound system from his boot (he is a P plater with a different taste :) ) of course he fly's past me after .hes got about 480 BHP's under the hood and i got 125bhp's. But at the start line the civic has it's win everytime :)

ummm...the car would be used for spares not used as a daily grocery getter ...and who said about using your tax money to fund it, pretty sure..no hundred percent sure that I won't be needing yours or anyones else's tax money to pay for my things :)

Unless your car runs on piss tax-payers WILL be paying to subsidize the petrol that goes into your car. And when you dont pay tax on your car the government would loose revenue that it would then have to charge other tax-payers to pay for the roads you will be driving on and other utilities and facilities that the country provides its citizens (including you duals).. So yeah, tax payers WILL be paying for your kakka-car...

Says you sir who hasn't got the money to buy a car..... I rest my case :)

yes yes.. i'm a hingana boy.. no money to buy car.. wait.. what is this amazing contraption you call a car.. i'm so poor i havent even heard of it..

Get a car before before you say sh*t about members cars :)
It's for safety reasons.....well theres no point explaining to you is it, because you havent got a car in the first place :)

still talking big for someone who "rested his case"..

Everyone who has a dual citzenship isnt a "kallu suda" di**head, there are sri lankans who live abroad and love's sri lanka as much as you do, so don't judge everyone in that same manner :) . Since you haven't got a car and can't give a helpful hand when a question is asked just don't talk in my thread okay buddy :)

Well, If you were a true patriot you wouldnt need a dual citizenship would you? You're one of them fellas who have one foot in SL to enjoy whatever joys and benefit our wonderful country offers, but on the other hand have a foot in the door so that you can get the hell out as soon as shit hits the fan.. All you sri lankans living abroad talking big.. you should just stay whereever you are and drive your cheap cheap kakka cars..

We all know even new cars are dirt cheap in other countries, and you still cant afford a new one, and you go buy a shitty old car that doesnt even have a proper boot..

Unless your car runs on piss tax-payers WILL be paying to subsidize the petrol that goes into your car. And when you dont pay tax on your car the government would loose revenue that it would then have to charge other tax-payers to pay for the roads you will be driving on and other utilities and facilities that the country provides its citizens (including you duals).. So yeah, tax payers WILL be paying for your kakka-car...

I think you don't get the point ,do you?, I was asking if there were any tax benefits if i bring the car for "RACING ONLY PURPOSES, IT WILL NOT BE ON THE ROAD".(I have heard about tax cuts on cars that would be only used for racing purposes in sri lanka). If i wanted to bring a car for my personal use "WHICH WILL INCLUDE IT BEEN USED ON THE ROADS OF SRI LANKA " I will pay the the taxes for :) so "hingana boys" like you would not be subsiding for our "kakka cars" :)

yes yes.. i'm a hingana boy.. no money to buy car.. wait.. what is this amazing contraption you call a car.. i'm so poor i havent even heard of it..

well then go get a job, earn some money and get a car... and stop hating against the ones who have a car lol

Well, If you were a true patriot you wouldnt need a dual citizenship would you? You're one of them fellas who have one foot in SL to enjoy whatever joys and benefit our wonderful country offers, but on the other hand have a foot in the door so that you can get the hell out as soon as shit hits the fan.. All you sri lankans living abroad talking big.. you should just stay whereever you are and drive your cheap cheap kakka cars..

We all know even new cars are dirt cheap in other countries, and you still cant afford a new one, and you go buy a shitty old car that doesnt even have a proper boot..

what's the link between patriotism and the dual citizenship lol. sorry for saying this but..just because you havent got a dual citizenship or a citizenship in a foreign country. it doesn't give you the right to go on a hate campaign against the sri lankans who hold dual citizenship's...not every sri lankan who has a dual citizenship hates their motherland that they were born in you stoog, how dare you judge people like that?.

For your info im still a university student and the car I have now fits in with my lifestyle perfectly , once I graduate I will be driving a car that you a "hingana boy" would only be able to drive in your night time dreams. lol look at you talking about car boots without even owning one haa

Edited by civic eg4

I think you don't get the point ,do you?, I was asking if there were any tax benefits if i bring the car for "RACING ONLY PURPOSES, IT WILL NOT BE ON THE ROAD".(I have heard about tax cuts on cars that would be only used for racing purposes in sri lanka). If i wanted to bring a car for my personal use "WHICH WILL INCLUDE IT BEEN USED ON THE ROADS OF SRI LANKA " I will pay the the taxes for :) so "hingana boys" like you would not be subsiding for our "kakka cars" :)

Well, then maybe you should serve yourself a hot cup of STFU, and go read up more (even on the forum) about these racing-car tax cuts.

well then go get a job, earn some money and get a car... and stop hating against the ones who have a car lol

"get a job" says the fella who's still driving on a probationary license. These teenagers goto Australia, buy a car that was "the" car in a movie a dacade ago and think they're 'da man'.. Btw since you brought it up, why dont you tell us how you (not mommy and daddy) a teenager can pay more tax than any other sri lankan would in a lifetime?

well there really isn't point telling you about track safety if you haven't got a car buddy :)

Yes yes, cos you have to own a car to have a opinion about a car right? :rolleyes:

Edited by Watchman

I was asking if there were any tax benefits if i bring the car for "RACING ONLY PURPOSES, IT WILL NOT BE ON THE ROAD".

This was discussed before. The tax exempt was for purpose built single seater Formula Cars and Go Karts classified as motor cars eventhough these cars cannot be registered nor driven on roads. So, Your car does not fit in. if you need the source here it is. http://www.dailynews.lk/2012/11/16/spo01.asp

This was discussed before. The tax exempt was for purpose built single seater Formula Cars and Go Karts classified as motor cars eventhough these cars cannot be registered nor driven on roads. So, Your car does not fit in. if you need the source here it is. http://www.dailynews.lk/2012/11/16/spo01.asp

cheers for the info buddy :)

what's the link between patriotism and the dual citizenship lol. sorry for saying this but..just because you havent got a dual citizenship or a citizenship in a foreign country. it doesn't give you the right to go on a hate campaign against the sri lankans who hold dual citizenship's...not every sri lankan who has a dual citizenship hates their motherland that they were born in you stoog, how dare you judge people like that?.

For your info im still a university student and the car I have now fits in with my lifestyle perfectly , once I graduate I will be driving a car that you a "hingana boy" would only be able to drive in your night time dreams. lol look at you talking about car boots without even owning one haa

If you are a sri lankan patriot why do you need to be a citizen of another country? You're not the first sri lankan to go to australia. And a lot of them study there without kissing sudda-a$$ and come back to sri lanka, to their ONE country of citizenship.

I judge people because our beloved country in its constitution gives its citizens the right to freedom of thought (and speech); the same freedoms you enjoy from your sri lankan part (of citizenship) enjoys.

The tax cuts are for single seater open wheelers only. Now stop being a typical hyper-aggressive jerk who thinks his 20 year old bottom of the line from the Honda company is the greatest thing to roll on 4 wheels. Heard that BS so many times before its really bloody old.

Well, then maybe you should serve yourself a hot cup of STFU, and go read up more (even on the forum) about these racing-car tax cuts.

really...a hot cup of STFU what in the world is that..for your info ill be reading the article LashNeo just posted (thanks again lash), why can't you just be helpful to others instead of going agains hate campaigns against others lol

I didn't say anything about the capability of the car did I? it probably makes a 1000BHP's who cares... I was talking about that spoiler and the aluminum exhaust that was on it. well Mr MD I'll have you know that the car you called a "shitty little shopping trolley" can smoke a HSV grange at the start line. which comes out of the factory pushing over 380BHP and then they get cammed and their exhaust's upgraded which makes them push out 480BHP's at the dyno. It's all 'power to weight ratio', and the ability of the driver. You just happen to be a hater of this car...well I don't really give a rat's ass about that lol

yeah yeah yeah we've had people here claiming to beat Ferrari too.They were liars...you have proof???...Anyway is there any racing event that hands out trophies for being first off the line?...beating an overwiight aussie muscle car off the line ain't anything special...heck even my diesel Corrolla could do that! lolololol

Why would you want bring that shit bucket here???...Our Hondas will assrape it if it even thinks of going neat a track...

If you are a sri lankan patriot why do you need to be a citizen of another country? You're not the first sri lankan to go to australia. And a lot of them study there without kissing sudda-a$$ and come back to sri lanka, to their ONE country of citizenship.

I judge people because our beloved country in its constitution gives its citizens the right to freedom of thought (and speech); the same freedoms you enjoy from your sri lankan part (of citizenship) enjoys.

The thing is buddy I'm not a international student :) this is kind of like my second motherland I owe a lot to this country, that does not mean i hate the mother land i was born in and hates it people (well you obviously hate me :) ) . and what difference does it make on the patriotic aspect of having a citizenship of another country?. you sir in my opinion is jealous of other sri lankans who has a dual citizenship and earn more than you do... it's just fate and luck buddy "don't hate player hate the game" :)

Why would you want bring that shit bucket here???...Our Hondas will assrape it if it even thinks of going neat a track...

Anyway, even if he brings that car down its not like it can win.. He forgets that the car needs to be driven by someone. And this probation driver thinks he can go shoulder to shoulder with our sri lankan veteran drivers... I guess he needs to realize that no matter how much money he mommy and daddy earn, skill cant be bought in AUS $$$. We already have a rocket-man driving a civic in SL who's learning this the hard way.

yeah yeah yeah we've had people here claiming to beat Ferrari too.They were liars...you have proof???...Anyway is there any racing event that hands out trophies for being first off the line?...beating an overwiight aussie muscle car off the line ain't anything special...heck even my diesel Corrolla could do that! lolololol

I highly doubted that your mates de sol and yours would a** rape any honda or HSV'S down here lol, you MD might be a pro at bringing old cars back to life (no doubt on that) but when it comes to judging the appearance of a 21st century car to be honest you have the worst taste :)

who said it was during a racing event lol we talking about traffic light runs, i highly doubt a DIESEL corolla could keep up with a supercharged HSV grange. one rumble in that would make you little corolla wee itself lol. have a listen to it you'll see what i mean

Edited by civic eg4

Anyway, even if he brings that car down its not like it can win.. He forgets that the car needs to be driven by someone. And this probation driver thinks he can go shoulder to shoulder with our sri lankan veteran drivers... I guess he needs to realize that no matter how much money he mommy and daddy earn, skill cant be bought in AUS $$$. We already have a rocket-man driving a civic in SL who's learning this the hard way.

Let me make this clear to you .buddy..first of all I have A CAR, If you see what P platers can do here you would not say that :). I know sri lanka has some pro drivers which is good. I'll look into building my skills, you just focus on putting money together to buy a car. By looks, it looks like your mum and dad hasn't really saved up for you now have they :)

Edited by civic eg4

I highly doubted that your mates de sol and yours would a** rape any honda down here lol, you MD might be a pro at bringing old cars back to life (no doubt on that) but when it comes to judging the appearance of a 21st century car to be honest you have the worst taste :)

You might wanna look up the difference between the 20th and 21st centuries and to which period which cars belong to.

This thread has become a complete pointless waste of time and space. If its still like this when my lunch is over, I've a good mind to lock this thread.