• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hi Guys,

◘ I am planning to buy a van for family use and my budget is around 1.3m to 1.7m. I think nissan vanette(C22, S20) or mazda bongo are the best vehicles for me with my budget.

◘ I need your help to find a good vehicle for my budget from these two models.

◘ My main concern is Fuel Consumption and then maintenance.

◘ Can you guys please share your experience (Fuel consumption, parts, maintenance etc ...)

◘ Awaiting for your kind advices.

Cheers !!!

- Dammika -

Edited by dammika.me

we had a nissan vanette JC22 (1990).and it was a good vehicle

fuel=14+km/l(LD20-2 engine)

spare parts are available in most of spare parts shops even in rural areas also

very easy to maintain

but little problem in suspension system.coz there is a single cross leaf spring in front.wich try to push the vehicle upward .

Edited by DNP
  • Like 2

we had a nissan vanette JC22 (1990).and it was a good vehicle

fuel=14+km/l(LD20-2 engine)

spare parts are available in most of spare parts shops even in rural areas also

very easy to maintenance.

but little problem in suspension system.coz there is a single cross leaf spring in front.wich try to push the vehicle upward .

Thank you very much for the advice. :)

Thank you very much for the advice. :)

dammika .me,

I have used Nissan petrol engine 3 vehicles. Used Imported from Japan with every vehicle. I get down with a diesel engine invoiced separately inside the vehicle.

Before I sold them converted to diesel engines and sold them. As petrol engine vehicles did not give a good price.

You will be able to buy a good petrol Nissan vennete cheap and get a Nissan diesel engine fitted. Plenty of Diesel engines are there in used engine shops.

This is only a suggestion. There are plenty of Diesel engine fitted vans.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

dammika .me,

I have used Nissan petrol engine 3 vehicles. Used Imported from Japan with every vehicle. I get down with a diesel engine invoiced separately inside the vehicle.

Before I sold them converted to diesel engines and sold them. As petrol engine vehicles did not give a good price.

You will be able to buy a good petrol Nissan vennete cheap and get a Nissan diesel engine fitted. Plenty of Diesel engines are there in used engine shops.

This is only a suggestion. There are plenty of Diesel engine fitted vans.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi,

Is threre a problem in registration from petrol to Diesel?

Edited by DNP

Hi Guys,

◘ I am planning to buy a van for family use and my budget is around 1.3m to 1.7m. I think nissan vanette(C22, S20) or mazda bongo are the best vehicles for me with my budget.

◘ I need your help to find a good vehicle for my budget from these two models.

◘ My main concern is Fuel Consumption and then maintenance.

◘ Can you guys please share your experience (Fuel consumption, parts, maintenance etc ...)

◘ Awaiting for your kind advices.

Cheers !!!

- Dammika -

we use to had a nissan vanette C22 and a mazda bongo with them vanette is the more comfortable than bongo(i use to call our one bull cart) and it's more fuel economical but mazda bongo have more acceleration and it's feel faster to drive it and it's newer and can find spare parts easily because you can fix spare parts from new model to old model.even 5 years a go we had hard time finding power steering rack for the vanette C22 at the end we were forced to put one from nissan caravan with few modification because we cannot find it. all so take a look at toyota townace it's more comfortable and more drivable than both vanette and bingo any ways if i have to choose a one between vanette and bongo i go with the vanette C22 becouse it's some how feel more drivable than bongo.

btw even with short trips you get tired in bongo but with vanette and townace you don't get tired like that.

we use to had a nissan vanette C22 and a mazda bongo with them vanette is the more comfortable than bongo(i use to call our one bull cart) and it's more fuel economical but mazda bongo have more acceleration and it's feel faster to drive it and it's newer and can find spare parts easily because you can fix spare parts from new model to old model.even 5 years a go we had hard time finding power steering rack for the vanette C22 at the end we were forced to put one from nissan caravan with few modification because we cannot find it. all so take a look at toyota townace it's more comfortable and more drivable than both vanette and bingo any ways if i have to choose a one between vanette and bongo i go with the vanette C22 becouse it's some how feel more drivable than bongo.

btw even with short trips you get tired in bongo but with vanette and townace you don't get tired like that.

nexes,

Your post is totally correct. Even the petrol engine did 10 to14 Kilometers in city 19 kilometers out of town per liter. I was told the Diesel engine do very good mileage. Analyzed correctly.

About Petrol Toyota vans I was the first to import Toyota lite ace 9 seats. KM 10G. That vehicle was a traveler’s vehicles. 2 Rear seats can be used as an a bed then fold them back to be 2 seats.att luggage only specified to under the seats. Passenger vehicles. There was no weight specified at that time. Registered as 35 Sri.

I have had Mazda Petrol rear Double wheel for two years that too gave me very good service satisfied with the fuel and performance. bought new from the agents.

I have used 1 Mazda which I bought in Japan new Diesel Mazda used 32 years back never registered used with my Trade plate (CC235) for 3 months. 3000 to 4000 Kilo Meters. Not satisfied with the comfort of the vehicle.

No problems at all. Like now days police chasing trade plates and prosecuting the drivers.

I tried to import Batta vans in late 1970s but the Imports controller wanted to pay Car duty and wanted a permit. After SLT imported small vans for their services. Government allowed small vans to be imported.

Thereafter plenty of importers imported. Lite ace vans only with 1 rear seat which was Under GVW. They had to pay penalty to clear them.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

I use a C22 Vanette DX Diesel Manual Flatroof for daily running, here are my views.

Pros:

it does 14km/l without AC and with AC it does 11km/l on short runs.

On longer continuous drives , I have seen it doing 18km/l.

My van has 400000km on the odometer and still running strong.

Service is at every 3000kms which costs around Rs 5000

Spareparts are cheap and available everywhere. This van never gave us any trouble on the road.

Vanette Easy to drive, power steering feels very light and gear shifting is soft. So are the clutch, brake and accelerator pedals.

it has a good resale value.

Cons:

C22 is not the most comfortable van out there. On rough roads it become very bumpy.

And I'm not sure this van can take any kind of impact , frontal or sideways. It has a very thin body. So better drive carefully.

My C22 builds excess engine temp when driven in slow traffic with A/C turned on. Can be fixed by placing a secondary electrical fan for the radiator.

Body parts are coming scares.

if you are going for a vanette, check the body condition very well, because vanette body is very much prone to rust. Too much rusted vanettes are hard to restore to original shape as there are few distinctive lines along the body which becomes very noticeable when messed up.

Since you mentioned spare part cost: here are few things that I remember.

Front Shocks : Tokiko : Rs 4000 each

Rear Shocks : Tokiko : Rs 2800 each

A/C Compressor ( used) : Rs 9000

Injector Nozzles : Zexel : 2250 each

Rear Brake Pads : 2500

Timing Belt : Rs 4500

All other belts total : ~4000

Other Front suspension parts such as the Tie rod ends were really cheap too, I don't remember how much I paid for them.

Running repairs :

Diesel Filter : from 1500

Air Filter : From 2500

Oil filter : from 800

Final word: Vanette is great vehicle if you need a economical and reliable vehicle that has a good re-sale value. It will be a best friend if you are a starting up business/family man with a tight budget, providing you with reliable low cost transport.

Edited by Cyclist
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
1. Is the new Vanette I mean the (sinha muna) comes with ABS Brake ?

2. And is it drivable I mean does it give a good comfortable tiredless drive as we have to sit straight up and drive unlike the old Vanette (C22) ?

I think it comes with ABS and if you replace the seats with the wagon seats its pretty comfy

• 7 months later...
I use a C22 Vanette DX Diesel Manual Flatroof for daily running, here are my views.

Pros:

it does 14km/l without AC and with AC it does 11km/l on short runs.

On longer continuous drives , I have seen it doing 18km/l.

My van has 400000km on the odometer and still running strong.

Service is at every 3000kms which costs around Rs 5000

Spareparts are cheap and available everywhere. This van never gave us any trouble on the road.

Vanette Easy to drive, power steering feels very light and gear shifting is soft. So are the clutch, brake and accelerator pedals.

it has a good resale value.

Cons:

C22 is not the most comfortable van out there. On rough roads it become very bumpy.

And I'm not sure this van can take any kind of impact , frontal or sideways. It has a very thin body. So better drive carefully.

My C22 builds excess engine temp when driven in slow traffic with A/C turned on. Can be fixed by placing a secondary electrical fan for the radiator.

Body parts are coming scares.

if you are going for a vanette, check the body condition very well, because vanette body is very much prone to rust. Too much rusted vanettes are hard to restore to original shape as there are few distinctive lines along the body which becomes very noticeable when messed up.

Since you mentioned spare part cost: here are few things that I remember.

Front Shocks : Tokiko : Rs 4000 each

Rear Shocks : Tokiko : Rs 2800 each

A/C Compressor ( used) : Rs 9000

Injector Nozzles : Zexel : 2250 each

Rear Brake Pads : 2500

Timing Belt : Rs 4500

All other belts total : ~4000

Other Front suspension parts such as the Tie rod ends were really cheap too, I don't remember how much I paid for them.

Running repairs :

Diesel Filter : from 1500

Air Filter : From 2500

Oil filter : from 800

Final word: Vanette is great vehicle if you need a economical and reliable vehicle that has a good re-sale value. It will be a best friend if you are a starting up business/family man with a tight budget, providing you with reliable low cost transport.

Brilliant review :action-smiley-035: