• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Creeeeeezzzz Sound From Break

C Perera

Hi Im using N16 Car. When i use break a sound (Creeeezzzzzzz) come from front Breaks? Beak Pads are OK. What will be the reasons ?

are you sure that break pads are not worn out? If it's a metal scraping metal sound, it's most probably the break pad wear indicator making the warning sound it's designed to make.

Hi Im using N16 Car. When i use break a sound (Creeeezzzzzzz) come from front Breaks? Beak Pads are OK. What will be the reasons ?

Assume you get the sound from your disc pads which are not worn out. Check if the pad wear indicator plate (small 2-3 cm long metal strip bent to a U-shape on the pad) is unusually bent and touching the disc. Also see if you have rust formation on the discs (due to rain water these days) if so the sound will disappear after using the brakes for some time. Also there are two anti-squeal shims on either side of each pad. See if those are missing.

also had same issue in my CE 110, but from the rear brakes. I just met the mechanic. The brake liners were not so gone. The explanation given was it's due to poor quality liners. He anyway did something with sand paper, so sound was bit reduced, but not completely vanished. So I plan to use genuine liners next time.

By the way I still like to get the valuable ideas of our forum experts about this problem as if what mechanic said was the issue i have to suffer the same noise even after spending more for genuine liners.

Help me guys. My car is like a " lalend bus " now a days when i am braking :(

Thanks

also had same issue in my CE 110, but from the rear brakes. I just met the mechanic. The brake liners were not so gone. The explanation given was it's due to poor quality liners. He anyway did something with sand paper, so sound was bit reduced, but not completely vanished. So I plan to use genuine liners next time.

By the way I still like to get the valuable ideas of our forum experts about this problem as if what mechanic said was the issue i have to suffer the same noise even after spending more for genuine liners.

Help me guys. My car is like a " lalend bus " now a days when i am braking :(

Thanks

Did you inspect the condition of the drums ?