• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sound Form Tappet

Hungry_Minder

Question

8 answers to this question

Depends if it has hydraulic tappets or not.

I don't know enough about the ck2 myself to know.

If it doesn't have hydraulic tappets then yes an adjustment can be made and should stop the noise but I would check the oil level and the condition of the oil. If it runs hydraulic tappets the oil pressure could be low or the wrong grade

Hi,

My CK2 getting a sound when I start it in the moring and when I speed less than 40

one techinician told me sound is comming from tappet and by adjusting it cna be fixed.

is this true? is that ok to adjust it.

What you guys think.

Thanks

Hungry_Minder,

Consult a good Mechanic who will understand your problem.

There are many sounds when you start the car. Mostly on a old engine done more than 50000 Km.

Rpm and oil pressure goes up, as you press the accelerator pedal. Most sounds disappear.

Oil pressure is up. Engines which had done above said Km. Tappet noise also can be one cause.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

This is a very common problem in Mitsubishi's, These tappets are also called Lifters and the ones in your model are hydrolic and have no adjustments. The noise usually comes as a result of poor service history. Whats the oil grade you used? Try to use something like magnatec. Let me know the grade of oil u used.

Well I have a similar issue in my CB2. The noise comes mostly when I drive in 3rd or 4th gear when I press on gas hardly in low speeds while engine is hot. Couldn't determine whether this is related to tappets or not. Any help appreciated.

Chuck a flush through it then and do a full oil and filter change with whatever oil nzer tells you to use.

Change the filter too.

If the problem is still there, have your oil pressure checked. if thats ok I'd say you need new tappets/lifters.

The best is to do a good flush. I always take out a litre of oil and put in a litre of diesel. Let it run for good 15-20 mins. You can goto a service station and park it on a side and do this. When the time is up take it in and ask them to drain the oil well. Use a good quality oil filter and a good quality oil like Castrol Magnatec. There is a Additive called MBL8 but i doubt its available here. That will definitely fix it. Do this and see it should fix the issue. Its not a major to get the lifters sorted now. Dont want till its too late.

If you find this additive called MBL8 you add 3 litres of oil and filter and run and when the oil is warm enough add the MBL8 to the other remaining 1/2 oil and pour it in to the engine. Make sure you give it a good run immediately. What we do is take it down the motorway for a good 5 kms and it fixes the issue right then and there. Try and see if you can get this product. Its the best for noisy lifters in NewZealand and Australia.