• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Dent Fixing ?

Happy26

Hii,

Can someone tell me a place who does quick dent fixing, without having to go through all the potty work, sand paper n repaint.

I have couple of small dents on my jeeps roof and on my cars bonnet, i guess when i parked it out side my garden under the mango tree, a mango has fallen on top of the roof and also on the bonnet :///

Cheers :)

Soulja if i can use ur head for that i can pay u mate, but i wont b responsoble for ur head ;) , ok out of da jokes arent there any garages in this country who has da technology n experties to fix a small dent without getting messy ??? :/

Soulja if i can use ur head for that i can pay u mate, but i wont b responsoble for ur head ;) , ok out of da jokes arent there any garages in this country who has da technology n experties to fix a small dent without getting messy ??? :/

Happy26,

As previous post informs to you, first you should try.

http://www.kleenpark.com/automotive-services-expert.html

Iam not advertising this service.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hello Sylvi,

They used to have it in their Navinna service station but they have sold it to toyota, so its no longer there.

It's unbelievable why these garage people dont wanna use such a simple technique to fix small dents, in europe and US most vehicle owners have their own Quick dent fixing tool kit which is about 50$ but we Sri Lankan's still have to do it the hard way hmmmmm, someone should bring down those tool kits to SL, im sure it'll be a good biz, i will surely buy as i dnt wanna waste my time in garages.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Happy26" data-cid="229619" data-time="1357647433"><p>

Soulja if i can use ur head for that i can pay u mate, but i wont b responsoble for ur head ;) , ok out of da jokes arent there any garages in this country who has da technology n experties to fix a small dent without getting messy ??? :/</p></blockquote>

Mate! Calm down was joking on that :) well I've seen some dent pop out tools on eBay. It's kind of a suction vacuum tool. Maybe give it a shot..

Hello Sylvi,

They used to have it in their Navinna service station but they have sold it to toyota, so its no longer there.

It's unbelievable why these garage people dont wanna use such a simple technique to fix small dents, in europe and US most vehicle owners have their own Quick dent fixing tool kit which is about 50$ but we Sri Lankan's still have to do it the hard way hmmmmm, someone should bring down those tool kits to SL, im sure it'll be a good biz, i will surely buy as i dnt wanna waste my time in garages.

For yor information I have this vacum 140.jpgCup which I yse for lifting glasses If you want try out. I will do it free of any fee.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Sylvi,

I tried one of these home dent repair kits. Was pretty useless at least for me. There are more professional kits out there with loads of little bits, but they really need to be used by professionals.

some workshops have a magnetic tool which acts as a puller to pull dents, maybe such a tool could be used for dents like that. Still you would have to repaint that area (panel) coz it could damage the paint around dented area

Edited by shanX

CRC in seeduwa had the little weld tack tool where you can stick onto the dent and quickly pull out. It does damage the paint where the tool makes contact with the body surface.

I've seen it in action and it does work pretty good.

• 10 months later...

Any specific places which does paintless dent removal? All the previous places which had this service seems to have discontinued such. Also when I called one place they said that most likely that I would have to paint the panel. Still if that was the case it would not be paintless dent removal anymore. Any genuine places which currently specialize in paintless dent repairs?

• 2 years later...

reviving an old thread. Any forum members know of a good place to deal with a dented roof using either suction/ magnetic or weld clips. got a small dent thats annoyingly sticking out like a sore thumb.

First, address the source of the prob,..The Mango tree, You may keep the tree and build a shed/roof to park your toys.

Next try the following, Get a pot of boiling water or a good blow drier.,slowly saturate the dented aria so it's mega hot, then immediately cool the aria with icewater

Take care not to burn your self!\ Although this may not be a 100% fix, you won't have to fill and paint.

By doing this, you'll be making use of the shape-memory of steel activated by rapid changes of temperature

Good luck..

Edited by Twin Turbo