• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Motorcycle Maintenance.

Watchman

On 7/24/2020 at 7:49 PM, AVANTE said:

Its more like a street rubber kind of vibe. 

That sucks to hear, destiny might have kept something else in store for you. Yeah bro the racing scene also, everything is capital minded these days. Also the estate thing sounds like a blast man. Was yours a 250? Also with the Yamaha reliability, you'd think they'd give up somewhere less important :)

Yes naming bikes are a thing but I haven't done it yet. A cousin of mine owns a Cbr600 f4i and when asked on this topic he said "it's not a living thing, why should I name it?" So to each his own hehe. Let me know what you call her. 

Enjoy that VTR bro, would love to ride one someday. Feel free to stick around the forums. I'll let you know when I get info. 

Yea, gotta be mad $$$ to stay in the game - all for a very small prize.. not worth life and limb IMO, although the rush is something else.
Yea bro,  250 and haha yea funny thing is she never came up short, hard ware wise, at any point previously. Fate maybe? Real good stuff though hitting trails with the guys, grabbing beers and finding a stream to chill in.

Haha yea fo sho he's got a point! But personally I feel like vehicles we tend to love tend to have their own characteristics? Maybe i'm just animistic haha... I have penchant for LOTR - so may be something from that universe. 

Thanks man, I shall await the info :)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whats up @AVANTE - just thought I'd let you know, got a bit of a trade deal for the VTR aaaaand I gave her away. Had a lot of plans for that bike but oh well ? 

What do you think? Suzuki TU250 Grass Tracker Big Boy.
Did couple of cosmetic changes - the previous owner had gone to town with some stickers with some chopper style wide a** handlebars, but what your're looking at now is a slightly improved version. Bike was in a bit of a neglected state so cables, oil + oil filter change, brake pad change etc and the general revamp jobs which i'll hopefully be doing in the next couple of weeks.
But all in all, this is one easy ride and feel like my spines gonna be thanking me when I hit (hopefully soon) a long distance ride!

Grasstracker.JPG

5 hours ago, Grond said:

Whats up @AVANTE - just thought I'd let you know, got a bit of a trade deal for the VTR aaaaand I gave her away. Had a lot of plans for that bike but oh well ? 

What do you think? Suzuki TU250 Grass Tracker Big Boy.
Did couple of cosmetic changes - the previous owner had gone to town with some stickers with some chopper style wide a** handlebars, but what your're looking at now is a slightly improved version. Bike was in a bit of a neglected state so cables, oil + oil filter change, brake pad change etc and the general revamp jobs which i'll hopefully be doing in the next couple of weeks.
But all in all, this is one easy ride and feel like my spines gonna be thanking me when I hit (hopefully soon) a long distance ride!

Grasstracker.JPG

Ahhh the Big Boy! Congrats on the purchase and for straying away from the crowd. Lemme know how she feels in the long run. Last I saw one of these was never! Have seen a VanVan 200 though. Funny and unique look! I think it's a fun little bugger! 

Why don't our people have good taste at all? With stickers and bars and stuff. 

Volty/GN250 heart no? How does it feel? In the market for a 250cc myself for dad's sake. I considered the Volty so many times but people change my mind away from it due to parts/reliability reason. I have no clue really. 

BTW about your carb issue, just day before yesterday he recommended me the Kolonnawa guy I mentioned beforehand but forgot to mention yesterday due to being busy. Apologies for that! 

On 8/12/2020 at 8:04 PM, AVANTE said:

Ahhh the Big Boy! Congrats on the purchase and for straying away from the crowd. Lemme know how she feels in the long run. Last I saw one of these was never! Have seen a VanVan 200 though. Funny and unique look! I think it's a fun little bugger! 

Why don't our people have good taste at all? With stickers and bars and stuff. 

Volty/GN250 heart no? How does it feel? In the market for a 250cc myself for dad's sake. I considered the Volty so many times but people change my mind away from it due to parts/reliability reason. I have no clue really. 

BTW about your carb issue, just day before yesterday he recommended me the Kolonnawa guy I mentioned beforehand but forgot to mention yesterday due to being busy. Apologies for that! 

ahah thanks man.. yea definitely fun as hell - so nimble! She's got this torquey grunt on the 2nd and 3rd which is just a blast haha.

Beats me dude... think 8 instances where this guy had pasted the words 'BIG BOY' on the rims ? which i painstakingly took off thinking about his mother. Took her for a lil check up yday and the engine is running well, so happy about that and yea, Volty heart!

Feels good, really light and the exhaust (starting to like its braap braap vibes) makes it a lot more fun to ride :) 
No idea myself about long term reliability myself, what do they say tho? Could keep a look out.

Thats alright man. Don't think I can find jet kits for the GrassTracker or hope to fiddle with the carb for much. Although, some enlightenment on tire sizes would be great. Stock setup is 100/90-19 57P on the front, and 130/80-18 66P on the rear - hope to drop some larger tires in the future.

Nice, any preferences of a 250?

• Thanks 1

Just got a girl an hour back from Moratuwa! Meet our newest family member! 

She's a 1985 CB250T. Runs fine, new tyres, just having some cosmetics to deal with (tank sticker, handlebar, mirrors, polish) and there's a minor leak under the left side carb. 

Also about the grasstracker.. Does it feel like a very different beast compared to the Volty then? 

IMG_20200817_170649.jpg

21 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Just got a girl an hour back from Moratuwa! Meet our newest family member! 

She's a 1985 CB250T. Runs fine, new tyres, just having some cosmetics to deal with (tank sticker, handlebar, mirrors, polish) and there's a minor leak under the left side carb. 

Also about the grasstracker.. Does it feel like a very different beast compared to the Volty then? 

IMG_20200817_170649.jpg

Yoo that's dope! Fan of the classics I see...and in decent condition as well. Congrats mate! :) 
See the previous owner had a affliction in the cosmetic department as was the case with mine haha. Also how does the rear tire fare?

Think Volty was built more with commuting in mind where the GT has that dual sport feel. Have come across people saying the GT is reminiscent of the 70s style of 2 wheelers, but then I have yet to ride a machine of that era...

Happy trails on ya new ride!

4 hours ago, Grond said:

Yoo that's dope! Fan of the classics I see...and in decent condition as well. Congrats mate! :) 
See the previous owner had a affliction in the cosmetic department as was the case with mine haha. Also how does the rear tire fare?

Think Volty was built more with commuting in mind where the GT has that dual sport feel. Have come across people saying the GT is reminiscent of the 70s style of 2 wheelers, but then I have yet to ride a machine of that era...

Happy trails on ya new ride!

Thanks bro! I get what they mean by the 70s reminiscence. The same things were said about the TW and VanVan. Barebones and raw and smelly riding experience lol. Nothing to go wrong and everything you need in one vehicle. 

Rear Tyre feels sluggish tbh as it's oversized. It's a Continental Twinduro 150/80R18 ? original Tyre size is supposed to be 120mm lol. I'm gonna sell it to put in a 130 diameter Tyre with smoother tread for road use. 

This one was for dad as he wanted a nice CB250/LA Custom ever since he rode them back during his youth years. She's at the garage now, having the carb cleaned and fixed. Also found a CD125T handlebar and original badges, need to get in a set of proper mirrors from a GN125/MD90 atleast as they were the same design lol and need to print the sticker set. 

Yeah bro, our Lankans need to be taught about class and taste in school. Yucky mods. Saw a GN125 the other day with the frame painted neon green?

Podi podi touches are needed here and there. But overall, she is a beauty. Starting her up makes my heart beat smoother haha (no kidding). V-twins are nice but parallel twins have their own place won't you say?