• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Would Be The Best Suv Around 5M

Damith87

Question

Hi all,

Would any will be kind enough to give your expert advise on above topic. I'm new to this ste and vehicle market as well.

What would be the best SUV I can go for around 4.5M to 5M ? As I said earlier I have lil knowledge on SUVs anf thought of asking u

expert ideas :-)

Actually it could indeed be the strange hybrid measure of kmpg :mosking: . Two of my colleagues here in office use a Sportage and Tucson each. They both quote between 5 and 5.5 kmpl........and they both drive like pussies. :lol: . So under 5 sounds about right.

2- Just because you get an agent warranty for a couple of months/years you shouldnt think of it as the end of your worries. At an extreme, a 10 year old corolla is less likely to give you trouble than a 2 year old Gelly.

OT but I kind of take offense to that. I thought Geelys were nothing but POS until I used a 5-year old Geely for a while. It does have its own issues with the plastics coming out but I am kind of impressed with it. Value for money I feel.

Actually it could indeed be the strange hybrid measure of kmpg :mosking: . Two of my colleagues here in office use a Sportage and Tucson each. They both quote between 5 and 5.5 kmpl........and they both drive like pussies. :lol: . So under 5 sounds about right.

Sorry It was supposed to be "Miles per gallon "... typo.... my bad... So that it comes to about 9 km per liter....but factoring all the conditions I was thinking of at least 6-7 km and one of my friend confirmed his average number to be about 6.5 kmpl. (sportage ..2000cc optional AWD)

Am sort of OK with anything above 6... but anything below 5 is going to be an issue....... :speechless-smiley-003: . Thanks for the info...

Anyway need to check with some other users.

Can anybody share if they are driving a sportage pls.

Sorry It was supposed to be "Miles per gallon "... typo.... my bad... So that it comes to about 9 km per liter....but factoring all the conditions I was thinking of at least 6-7 km and one of my friend confirmed his average number to be about 6.5 kmpl. (sportage ..2000cc optional AWD)

Am sort of OK with anything above 6... but anything below 5 is going to be an issue....... :speechless-smiley-003: . Thanks for the info...

Anyway need to check with some other users.

Can anybody share if they are driving a sportage pls.

My colleague Sportage is just over 2 years old. So he had only replaced brake pads apart from servicing. The vehicle is very decent (to drive-I've driven it on several occasions) apart from his 5.5km/l that he insists upon (and I can hardly believe). He doesn't like the agents though. If you are okay with that incredible fuel figure then I'd say it's good.

On a side note I was just thinking about it a little more since today is quite quiet at office...... I've just compared my friend's Sportage with my Alfa 159. Just for some fun here's a (bit of a pointless) comparison. :)

Sportage 159

161bhp 185bhp

5/6.5km/l (?) 7.5km/l

C-segment D-segment (More Space)

1525kgs 1450kgs

YoM 2010 2007

Ground Clearance Handling ;)

Did it Supra? I always thought the previous Gen also was from Thailand since they did build it there.

You are partly correct....the JDM version was the Challenger and was produced in japan from about 1996 till about 2002ish ? During which time production of the model was also done outside of Japan (Thailand plus a few more I believe where some components were still sourced out of Japan for assembly) for local/regional markets.In Thailand it was called the G-Wagon Strada(or something of the sort) for the local market, of which a few made it over to Indonesia as well. Around 2001/2002 the Challenger was pulled out of the Japanese market and production was progressively phased out of Japan over the next few years.

So if you are looking at a later model 1st Gen Montero Sport then there is a chance it was manufactured/assembled in Thailand depending on where the unit came from. It could be that Sri Lanka was getting the last few Japanese productions.

Edited by iRage

My colleague Sportage is just over 2 years old. So he had only replaced brake pads apart from servicing. The vehicle is very decent (to drive-I've driven it on several occasions) apart from his 5.5km/l that he insists upon (and I can hardly believe). He doesn't like the agents though. If you are okay with that incredible fuel figure then I'd say it's good.

On a side note I was just thinking about it a little more since today is quite quiet at office...... I've just compared my friend's Sportage with my Alfa 159. Just for some fun here's a (bit of a pointless) comparison. :)

Sportage 159

161bhp 185bhp

5/6.5km/l (?) 7.5km/l

C-segment D-segment (More Space)

1525kgs 1450kgs

YoM 2010 2007

Ground Clearance Handling ;)

Thanks GTAm for your note. Your comparison too interesting ....

A lot of food for thought ..... I guess ....need more thinking ...

Edited by DVT

Damith, iv had the sportage 2012 for a year now and have done 7500kms. i get around 7kmpl (petrol,FWD,auto) in average traffic and hardly any colombo running. On outstation runs avg of 10 or so. The ride is a bit firm, but that helps it corner well. If i had to pick a vehicle all over again, id pick the sportage without any hesitation. Only negative is the breaks. They are noisy and are rumored to wear out by the 20k mark.

Well whatever you decide to buy, good luck!!

Damith, iv had the sportage 2012 for a year now and have done 7500kms. i get around 7kmpl (petrol,FWD,auto) in average traffic and hardly any colombo running. On outstation runs avg of 10 or so. The ride is a bit firm, but that helps it corner well. If i had to pick a vehicle all over again, id pick the sportage without any hesitation. Only negative is the breaks. They are noisy and are rumored to wear out by the 20k mark.

DOHC,

Assume you have got a 2000cc engine ?

Actually I think the ride/handling compromise is very good. Better than many other C/SUVs. True about the brakes. My pal has had them replaced last year at 16,000kms.

You are partly correct....the JDM version was the Challenger and was produced in japan from about 1996 till about 2002ish ? During which time production of the model was also done outside of Japan (Thailand plus a few more I believe where some components were still sourced out of Japan for assembly) for local/regional markets.In Thailand it was called the G-Wagon Strada(or something of the sort) for the local market, of which a few made it over to Indonesia as well. Around 2001/2002 the Challenger was pulled out of the Japanese market and production was progressively phased out of Japan over the next few years.

So if you are looking at a later model 1st Gen Montero Sport then there is a chance it was manufactured/assembled in Thailand depending on where the unit came from. It could be that Sri Lanka was getting the last few Japanese productions.

Thanks for the info.