• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Would Be The Best Suv Around 5M

Damith87

Question

Hi all,

Would any will be kind enough to give your expert advise on above topic. I'm new to this ste and vehicle market as well.

What would be the best SUV I can go for around 4.5M to 5M ? As I said earlier I have lil knowledge on SUVs anf thought of asking u

expert ideas :-)

I have been looking for the same for some time and below are the options that cough my attention.

Rexton

Grand Vitara

CRV - Little old one

X trail

Rav 4 - Again little old one

If you are ok with koren stuff

Sporage

Tuson

Santafe

I am not sure of the best one. But am positive about the following two mainly due to reliability in terms of ride as well as the market value stability.But you will have to settle down with little old stuff .Good luck with your buying

Rav 4 -

CRV

if you can pay the petrol bill, then montero GDI definitely.

you can also buy a V6 version or a 3000CC V73 one for that price, if you do a search.

prado 95 series ( petrol) may be an option.

santafe, defender, etc ...........

likewise there are a lot, if you can narrow down your requirement then easy to select

The best bet for you is the santafe if you can get hold of one in you'r price range,

go for the manual if you need exceptional economy not even reached by japanese cars(not jap suvs)

But if durability is in the head of you'r list try extending you'r budget around one million and go for a montero sport 2007 diesel,

they are bargains this permit season and it is an exceptionally reliable and rock solid vehicle and the last of it's kind from japan.

Had the same question and glad this came up. Subbed and looking forward to see some valuble insights from AL members.

Guess Nisan Dualis can be a contender too? Vehicle looks pretty nice/modern and the specs aren't bad IMO - if anyone familair with it can share some insights, I'm sure it'll help.

From the given choices, I'd vote for X-Trail - 2007-08. It's the new model, have a decent market etc.

Good luck mate!

But if durability is in the head of you'r list try extending you'r budget around one million and go for a montero sport 2007 diesel,

they are bargains this permit season and it is an exceptionally reliable and rock solid vehicle and the last of it's kind from japan.

Are you sure it's from Japan? the agents seem to think it's from Thailand

Guys, what do you think about Korando?

Based on my own experience of using a Korando for 8 months, I have no complaints for this vehicle. This is a good compact SUV with an ample of space and with an amazing torque for its class.

Edited by udayap

Sportage is within your range.Can find 2011 one for abt 5.2 mn(petrol).I was talking to some of my friends yesterday as I have sort of made up my mind to go for one of them.The interior is cool.obiously exterior you have seen.These vehicles still under warrenty.You dont have to worry abt repairs at least for one year.

The standard fuel consumption is about 22kmpg.Not bad hah.The ones who drive are happy with her exxept for fuel economy.Obiously you cannot expect allion economy from a SUV which is 2ltr plus engine.

You r an angel DVT. thanx for info. Indeed when buying a second hand have to worry about repairs & how the previous owner used them etc. So under company warranty would be amazing isn't it.

But this may be a stupid question but for my knowledge I'm asking, can't we import KIA SUVs from Korea directly like we do from Japan ? True there will be no warranty.

And the Nissan Dualis is very uncommon on roads. Any one have previous experience with it ?

You r an angel DVT. thanx for info. Indeed when buying a second hand have to worry about repairs & how the previous owner used them etc. So under company warranty would be amazing isn't it.

But this may be a stupid question but for my knowledge I'm asking, can't we import KIA SUVs from Korea directly like we do from Japan ? True there will be no warranty.

And the Nissan Dualis is very uncommon on roads. Any one have previous experience with it ?

1- No you cant directly import it from Korea for the same reason you cant get a BMW from Germany. They drive on the other side of the road.

2- Just because you get an agent warranty for a couple of months/years you shouldnt think of it as the end of your worries. At an extreme, a 10 year old corolla is less likely to give you trouble than a 2 year old Gelly.

• Like 1

He's talking about the previous generation Montero sport, which did indeed come from Japan.

Did it Supra? I always thought the previous Gen also was from Thailand since they did build it there. BTW a bit OT but have you had a close look at the new Montero Sports' paint quality? I think our local boys can get a much better finish.

The standard fuel consumption is about 22kmpg.Not bad hah.The ones who drive are happy with her exxept for fuel economy.Obiously you cannot expect allion economy from a SUV which is 2ltr plus engine.

22 kmpg is 4.8kmpl right? And that is "Not bad"?????? :speechless-smiley-003: That's what I would call "atrocious" for what is essentially an average C segment car. If it had around 250bhp I could have understood this one.