• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Diy Scan Your Own Car

Crosswind

Which means that JDM belta which has the same engine should respond too!!

Hobdrive did work with the 1krfe engine on the vitz, I guess if the same engine is on the belta it should work. Btw. the OBD protocol used with these JDM versions is Toyota CAN21, I have also seen it being mentioned as JOBD(Japanese-OBD?)

Tried several times on my CS3 with Torque and Scanator and it just doesn't pick up the ECU. :S

Hi guys,

Just my two cents, I have been using a cheapo elm327 on my JDM vitz ksp90, None of the conventional software worked (i.e. Torque & all the windows programs), but I came across Hobdrive for android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hobd.android . It works like a charm, it has different vehicle profiles, included is the passo, just tweak around with the vehicle weight, fuel tank capacity and it will work on the vitz. It'll scan for engine DTCs give fuel consumption and other goodies. Maybe you guys can check it out?

Thanks! This I will try.

Which means that JDM belta which has the same engine should respond too!!

Unfortunately, The Belta is no longer within my reach anymore. It was my brother in law's car, and he sold it a couple of months back. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Didn't try this. But I tried Torque with an N16 but it didn't pick up the ECU. Just FYI.

Thanks, was trying to find out whether these cheap scanners work with N16. Weird, I thought they work with export variants (Non JDM) of vehicles.

• 1 month later...

my vanguard is a JDM - a cheap EM327 works great coupled with torque. i`m now ordered a slightly expensive scanner (google OBDlink LX) as the chinese one can be easily hacked into (i know low chance of that happening but imagine the headache that will cause if it happens) also if kept plugged in for a long time since these scanners continuously try to pair bluetooth therefore there is a chance that they can run down the battery. however there are ones with on/off switches now on ebay.

my vanguard is a JDM - a cheap EM327 works great coupled with torque. i`m now ordered a slightly expensive scanner (google OBDlink LX) as the chinese one can be easily hacked into (i know low chance of that happening but imagine the headache that will cause if it happens) also if kept plugged in for a long time since these scanners continuously try to pair bluetooth therefore there is a chance that they can run down the battery. however there are ones with on/off switches now on ebay.

Thought you bought it brand new?

• 3 weeks later...
Thought you bought it brand new?

yeah it is ! the user manual is all Japanese - luckily i found a translated version online.

a have another question. does the ECU report the exact fuel consumption or is it off by factors like our fuel quality, octane value etc.. cause according to this i`m doing 10.7 Kmpl - having driven around 300kms using this

wa wa wa wonder ...

Edited by Madcat23

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Guys

Just got on the forum today. I love to mess around with my car and wanted to get a basic diagnostic tool. I was told that Launch scanners are very good but they are very expensive. I just saw this DIY model and wanted to know if anyone has any experience or info on it.

Launch CRP 229 scanner. There is a company selling it on #### http://####/en/ad/launch-scanner-crp-229-for-sale-colombo-2.

Would appreciate some feed back on whether its worth it.

Thanks

Hi Guys

Just got on the forum today. I love to mess around with my car and wanted to get a basic diagnostic tool. I was told that Launch scanners are very good but they are very expensive. I just saw this DIY model and wanted to know if anyone has any experience or info on it.

Launch CRP 229 scanner.

Would appreciate some feed back on whether its worth it.

Thanks

Good to see someone willing to mess around with his car :D. If you are looking for a scanner you must check its compatibility with the protocol of your car's OBD port. There are several protocols like EOBD, JOBD etc., although most of protocol issues can be address at a software level, others need compatibility with hardware as well.

What the car in question BTW?

Edited by Rumesh88
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi all,

This is regarding the bluetooth ODB II scanner tool ELM 327. I purchased on Ebay and tried with android app. but cant access to the ECU. 

my car is suzuki swift 2003 HT51s. have you ever tried this please let me know? thanks.

4 hours ago, asanka_rg said:

Hi all,

This is regarding the bluetooth ODB II scanner tool ELM 327. I purchased on Ebay and tried with android app. but cant access to the ECU. 

my car is suzuki swift 2003 HT51s. have you ever tried this please let me know? thanks.

Merged your thread with this one as this is discussed extensively on this thread. 

Some JOBD vehicles don't work with ELM327. 

3 hours ago, Davy said:

Merged your thread with this one as this is discussed extensively on this thread. 

Some JOBD vehicles don't work with ELM327. 

thanks davy.

by the way guys please comment if anybody ever tried this with a swift.

On 7/22/2018 at 8:05 AM, asanka_rg said:

thanks davy.

On 7/22/2018 at 8:05 AM, asanka_rg said:

thanks davy.

Haven't try on a swift, but just wanted to check the app you tried. Is this the one you tried? Also that ELM327 only work on Androids. Does not work for iPhone (Atleast the one I bought from ebay didn't work on iPhone)

OBD.JPG

52 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

Also that ELM327 only work on Androids. Does not work for iPhone (Atleast the one I bought from ebay didn't work on iPhone)

There are versions that work on Android, iOS, Windows and Mac. These adaptors are made by many different companies, so you just need to check before buying. 

14 minutes ago, Davy said:

There are versions that work on Android, iOS, Windows and Mac. These adaptors are made by many different companies, so you just need to check before buying. 

I forgot to say the bluetooth ELM327 :) When I searched a bit I saw that bluetooth one is only for Android and the same one with wifi support iPhone. But yes, as you said there may be other brands that might work over bluetooth with iphone. 

Anyways, I think for asanka_rg's should loan someone else's OBD scanner and phone with a working app and check if it works or not. (I guess)

Hi Kmeeg,

I am using android and I tried around 20 apps which can be found on the internet. Both cracked and free versions. ECU connection was established for none.

One more thing I tried with a Nissan cefiro 2000 same issue is there. 

Note that this scanner is called elm 327 ver 2.1. thanks.

Edited by asanka_rg