• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Acceleration Problem On A Hill

akboselk

I have below issue with suzuki swift car and need to know it is common or any fault belongs to transmission

Normaly this happen on hill climbing and when changing 3rd gear to 2nd gear.

When going uphill with 3 rd gear, sometimes its not accelarate in middle or upper section of the hill and car gets slower. Specially this happened when I slow down the car ( eg: 10 - 15 kmph) due to traffic

then I change the gear to 2nd and try to Accelerate, but it not happening and it getting slower and no picup ( regardless of how much I push the gas paddle )

So I should put it to First and Then accelare.

Waiting for feedback from AL members

Thank you

what's your engine capacity..I don't see a problem..of course your car will struggle if you stop in the upper section of the hill and try to engage 2nd gear and try to accelerate again...any car will struggle bad if you climb a hill with traffic and oh my with 3rd gear...don't try to climb in such high gears with traffic on hills..you are damaging your car clutch plates and stressing the engine...

To see if there's a real problem...how's the acceleration on normal roads...does it feels like engine is revving high but car doesn't move as much as you accelerate...?

This can mainly be due to your driving pattern...

anyway you always can do a vehicle diagnosis and see if there's any issues with fuel pressure,clogged fuel filter,air filter,engine miss and so on...don't go on replacing everything.first do a diagnosis to see if there's any actual problem...

Edited by GayanR

what's your engine capacity..I don't see a problem..of course your car will struggle if you stop in the upper section of the hill and try to engage 2nd gear and try to accelerate again...any car will struggle bad if you climb a hill with traffic and oh my with 3rd gear...don't try to climb in such high gears with traffic on hills..you are damaging your car clutch plates and stressing the engine...

To see if there's a real problem...how's the acceleration on normal roads...does it feels like engine is revving high but car doesn't move as much as you accelerate...?

This can mainly be due to your driving pattern...

anyway you always can do a vehicle diagnosis and see if there's any issues with fuel pressure,clogged fuel filter,air filter,engine miss and so on...don't go on replacing everything.first do a diagnosis to see if there's any actual problem...

it 1.2 engine, No I didn't stop on a hill and try to go with Second.

when considering your answer, I think I am changin to Second gear little too late (After car slowing down)

On normal roads, there isn't any issue and perfectly accelerate according to engine rev

Thank you for quick respond

it 1.2 engine, No I didn't stop on a hill and try to go with Second.

when considering your answer, I think I am changin to Second gear little too late (After car slowing down)

On normal roads, there isn't any issue and perfectly accelerate according to engine rev

Thank you for quick respond

yep sounds like you are changing to 2nd bit too late. i usually use second gear when im doing 10-15km/h(unless im going downhill) but my car is diesel and way heavier