• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Service Done - Car Miss

Hungry_Minder

Question

Hi,

I have a mitsubishi lancer mx touring (EFI) one and I have done the service today

changed engine oil (Valovoline oil)

and oil filter (Japan one)

after all now my car not pickup and vibrating when accelerate.

what can be the reason for this?

also they fix the break as well (I had a problem when push the break small sound was comming) break pad was so smooth and they made

it rough and fixed.

Thanks

Edited by Hungry_Minder

12 answers to this question

Hi,

I have a mitsubishi lancer mx touring (EFI) one and I have done the service today

also they fix the break as well (I had a problem when push the break small sound was comming) break pad was so smooth and they made

it rough and fixed.

Thanks

Water in the plugs may be a reason for this cause. Wait until the AL pro's come for your assistance.

Hi,

it rough and fixed.

Thanks

Did the washed the engine during the service or used compressed air to blow dust off? Check if any of the vacuum hoses have come off. However, what caught my attention in the OP is how they fixed the breaks!! I have never come across such thing so far. Do you mean they made the pads rough? Was it disc pads or drum pads? There is no need to make pads rough. Even if you do whatever the effect would not last very long.

Did the washed the engine during the service or used compressed air to blow dust off? Check if any of the vacuum hoses have come off. However, what caught my attention in the OP is how they fixed the breaks!! I have never come across such thing so far. Do you mean they made the pads rough? Was it disc pads or drum pads? There is no need to make pads rough. Even if you do whatever the effect would not last very long.

They washed the engine during the service

Regarding breaks i think its disc pads in front

As i described i had a sound when i push the breaks so their technician told me its pads it will be ok if we can make it rough.

They scratched it and fixed.i know its a temporary solution but it was fine after that.

This problem was ok in the evening but again its coming

I noticed that when i accelerate its happenning

Like something is blocked inside the engine or inside the car.i dont know the exact place

If they washed the engine there is a strong possibility that there is water in the spark plug chamber/s.

I do know that if the brake pads are not thinned out that some people sand paper out the surface of the pads to remove any glazing on the surface...never tried it my self.

Did they used the high pressure on your engine bay? Never allowed to do that. What I feel is you are having an engine miss. May be it could be one or two cylinders. Check all the wires and plugs. May be remove them and refix. Check the air filter.

roughing up of brake pads is a common motor trade practice and is called "deglazing" it is done more on brake shoes when the drums are removed during a service to inspect the condition of the cylinders. it can and is also done on brake pads. it is to remove a build up of glaze that is caused by the pads becoming hot. as the pad heats up some of the "glue" that holds the pad material together rises to the surface of the pads and produces the noise as it drags on the brake discs.

your missfire problem is more than likely to be cause by water in a connecctor or on the HT leads as others have said.

However if you had your spark plugs changed then it is possible one was dropped by mistake and thus is not gapped correctly....remove them and compare them.

You mentioned that they washed the engine ? While doing the service in the engine compartment water might have accumulated water into spark plug chambers or accidentally knocked a spark plug wire loose, what you have to do is start the engine keep it for 1 minute and open up the engine bay and disconnect each spark plug wire from the plugs individually and see if there is a sudden jerk on the engine (Vibration) keep doing it too all the plugs and if there is a issue with one of the plugs the engine wouldn't change a beep after finding the faulty section take off the wire and re fit it and try to drive around and see if it is still rides crappy.

Dude never wash the engine again..electronics+water never a good idea..just blow off the dust,dust is sooo much better than water...i was too late to realize this..all my engine parts starts to fail one by one...check the plugs for water...just do a good run for an hour,,symptoms would go away. check for break binds too...

I still don't understant why people want to wash the engine.

A week before went to get my vehicle seviced and met someone who has come only to wash the engine. Unbelievable!

It's fine to wash an engine as long as its done correctly and the engine has been prepped to get wet.

If you like your engine bay squeaky clean, a few simple steps done once a year will waterproof it for washing.

Unplug all electrical connectors and put a smear of Vaseline on the terminals, then reconnect the plug. Do the same with your HT leads. DONE.

When washing the engine bay keep a good distance of about 1 meter away with the hose dont spray on the air filter and never stay on the same spot for longer than half a second, just sweep back and forth across the bay till its covered then stop. Wash the engine when it's warm and do it in the sunshine. If it fails to start afterwards leave it with the bonnet up for 10-15mins and itl dry itself out.