• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Android Problem - Google Playstore

MkX

Guys I have a problem with my phone. Can anyone help me out?

Phone - Tmobile (HTC) MyTouch 4G.

OS - Froyo , Android 2.2.1

Issue - Google play store says no connection. Can't install any applicaion. Infact I'm with zero applications now because I did a master reset as the final attempt. Cleared date (cash memory) under several times but didn't work.

Yes, running the latest playstore version.

Google account configured correctly. (gmail/contacts/calander syncronize properly)

Tried with both HSPA and Wifi. Now alternatively i'm using a website to download the .apk files manually. and install them. But then its a dificuilt method to keep update.

Most internet reviews say to clear the cashe memory and try again, which i did before master reset.

Yes, running the latest playstore version.

Google account configured correctly. (gmail/contacts/calander syncronize properly)

Tried with both HSPA and Wifi. Now alternatively i'm using a website to download the .apk files manually. and install them. But then its a dificuilt method to keep update.

Most internet reviews say to clear the cashe memory and try again, which i did before master reset.

did you set the date/time correctly after the reset? something that I found as an issue (google search)

did you set the date/time correctly after the reset? something that I found as an issue (google search)

- We date and time was updated automatically from service provider and it is correct.

I'm a little confused by you saying playstore. Unless the old 2.2.1 build has Android Market (which needs an update) it should just be Google Play. If you have something called Playstore, maybe that is the problem?

- Yes originally I had android market. But about few months ago there was update. And it changed to Google Play Store. And it worked well.

For last 3,4 weeks the problem started saying "No Connection" Current Play Store version is - 3.10.10.

(I rolled back to Android market, but then when I open it, the application doesn't work only a web page open with Play Store privacy policy)

- We date and time was updated automatically from service provider and it is correct.

- Yes originally I had android market. But about few months ago there was update. And it changed to Google Play Store. And it worked well.

For last 3,4 weeks the problem started saying "No Connection" Current Play Store version is - 3.10.10.

(I rolled back to Android market, but then when I open it, the application doesn't work only a web page open with Play Store privacy policy)

Yup, 3.10.10 it is.

Strange. Did you try going to the store through the desktop browser interface? See if your device is listed there? Play sometimes takes time updating things like new devices, tho normally not more than 2,3 days at the worst we've seen.

Yup, 3.10.10 it is.

Strange. Did you try going to the store through the desktop browser interface? See if your device is listed there? Play sometimes takes time updating things like new devices, tho normally not more than 2,3 days at the worst we've seen.

Yes if I search applications through webrowser and sellect an application to install it promts a Dialog box to select Google play or my web browser. As of now only web browser work not the playstore option. Anyhow I'll try with little old version of Play Store and see how it goes.

I got same problem few times with my T-mobile G2X few months back after updating Google Market to Play.

What I did is Manage Apps > Google Play Store > then both Clear data and Clear cache. Shut down, removed the battery for few minutes and trun on the phone again. Then it worked.

Also it shows the same error if the date is incorrect if I remember correctly.

Edited by Nirosha

Yes if I search applications through webrowser and sellect an application to install it promts a Dialog box to select Google play or my web browser. As of now only web browser work not the playstore option. Anyhow I'll try with little old version of Play Store and see how it goes.

No no, I said through a desktop browser. Like on your computer, not the phone browser.