• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Starting Trouble

Zoom-Zoom

I recently replaced the petrol filter in my Mazda Familia BJ5W and since then it is dragging too much while starting the car and not a smooth start as usual.

As soon as I turn off the engine and start again there is no problem.Appreciate if anyone could help me on this.

Is it only the starting issue that prompted you to change the filter? It is unlikely to be the cause, because if you had a blockage in the filter it could have been more obvious while trying to accelerate with load. Your fuel supply seems to run dry when you keep the car idle for sometime. Which year is this model?

Apologies for my misunderstanding. Changing the filter alone should not cause this problem. There is a non-return valve built into the fuel pump. Just check this by keeping ignition switched on for about 10 seconds before starting the car after keeping it parked overnight. If you can start the car immediately this way, then the problem is in fuel returning to the tank through the pump. Why was the fuel filter replaced in the first place?

There no harm, in fact it’s good you changed your fuel filter as it’s supposed to be changed at 80K. Besides with the high quality :speechless-smiley-004: petrol we have and the fabulous sheds, you will be suppressed at the amount of gunk you get in the filter- I too replaced mine .

I too had the same symptoms but it went away after the 2nd day. How long back did you change it ? The petrol pump could be blamed if it’s failing. You will need to see if the same give the correct pressure. I did not change mine, but so far no issues.

• Like 1

Thanks for the support guys.I agree with mazdaspeed with the quality of petrol we have and the car just clocked 100K and my mechanic told me to replace it and he was right beacause we could see that the fuel was blackish and there was tar like substance in the filter, I believe that this was the first time the petrol filter was replaced.

As Mazdaspeed said it was all fine on the 3rd day.Thank you once again.