• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buffing Rims ? Where ?

Dinukap4

Hey mates,

I've got a set of 4 Wire/Knock off Rims and they seem to be pretty rusted and the lips are a bit bent on some so I need em to be buffed out and get the Bling Back! Could you guys direct me to place to buff these ? I live In Mount Lavinia so around Colombo would be great.

Cheers mates.

Hey mates,

I've got a set of 4 Wire/Knock off Rims and they seem to be pretty rusted and the lips are a bit bent on some so I need em to be buffed out and get the Bling Back! Could you guys direct me to place to buff these ? I live In Mount Lavinia so around Colombo would be great.

Cheers mates.

You had another thread with the same topic. Called wire/spoke rims I remember posting to that few days back.

Once Kleen park Dhiwala wanted to do this I have not been there for some time check up personally visiting them and meet the owner.

If you fail there,Try there is a place on Galle road on land side close to Mt Lavinia law courts.they sell alloy rims.

One day when I was passing I saw a worker polishing a rim with a wire brush attached to a electric drill few months back.

It is a very simple project you try to do it your self with a Electric drill connected to a wire brush. Can buy wire brushes in Panchigawathe.

Sylvi wijesinghe.

Dinukap4,

For straightening bends of the rims you can get same done at Marco they importd a machine for specially made for that job.

MARCO Borallesgomuwa they used to do when they were in Nawala Road Contact Mr. Ratnayake.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

There's a place in Darley Road Col 10 opposite Excel World called something like "Electro.....something". I once got a set of alloys buffed there and they did a good job. Not sure if they are still there as I have not driven on that road for a while.