• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Battery

C Perera

Question

12 answers to this question

If your car is an automatic then there is no point in going for a battery that is predicted to last for 5 years. For me if a battery lasts 3 years in my 121 that is more than enough. If yours is a manual then you can go for a battery that is recommended to last for 5 years. Knowing the internal arrangement of a lead-acid battery, I would n't keep a battery for more than 3 years in an auto car even if the battery does not show an apparent fault. After extended use the battery plates can fail abruptly because of mechanical stress after being subject to continuous vibration in the engine compartment. you may keep this in mind when you decide for a battery.

Edited by Rumesh88
  • Like 1

What is the Best battery for a Nissan N16 Car ?

'C Perera',

You want to know the make of the battery?

There are number of batteries in the market. You can go for maintenance free battery Global and few other makes are very popular today.

As for Nilantha,s post Global he have used for 5 years and he says Exide only below three years.

Rumesh88 gives a very comprehensive report on batteries life time of battery you should use.

Or else any other lead acid battery which I think you get a limited time of guarantee 1 year or so. Almost all batteries are good for 2 years.

Select good dealer and buy a battery recommended to your car. Never use over amperage battery it is a wastage of your money.

Few amperes OK. No one is expecting a battery to last life time of the car. I expect,battery to last for two years only.

Buy a battery and service regularly, keep your charging system in order.

I will always go for cheapest battery with 1 year guarantee, from known dealer. because most dealers today will go back on their word of guarantee.

They will get you to come number of times if you go for a guarantee claim. Always blame the car had over charged due to that battery had failed.

Or you did not come for monthly services. Dealers are there to make money not to serve their customers. Thereby they try to avoid guarantee.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Just to add one more thing to Sylvi's extensive list, make sure the agent is easily accessible to you unless of course you have enough spare time to travel each month for battery maintenance. My target is to maintain a battery for three years which I have successfully done. If I leave the car idle for more than three days I always ensure that I use a float charger.

If you have the service manual with you it will say what type of a battery should be used.

• Required amperes
  • Cold Cranking Amperes (CCA).

Select a battery equal or greater than the mentioned CCA. (I'm not sure how imporant the CCA is in SL but better to be safe than sorry :)

I used a Exide for almost 3 years and now using a GS