• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Awards 2012

MasterDon

AL Awards 2012  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Autolanka Car Of The Year

• Chevrolet Callaway Corvette
    • Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2
    • Subaru BRZ
    • Mini Countryman John Cooper Works Edition
    • Citroen DS3 Sports
    • Range Rover Evoque
  2. 2. AutoLanka Topic Of The Year

• Historic Images Of Old Ceylon(Automotive And Otherwise) - Sampath Gunasekera
    • Project R - Komisiripala
    • Toyota Corolla Ceres! - Octanehead
    • Presenting My Vintage Corolla! - Jaliya48
    • Restoration From Hell! - GTAm
    • Car Catalogues & Brochures - Sampath Gunasekera
    • Moderator Please Stop This Watchmen Abusing Me - Sylvi
    • Classic/Collectible Cars - GTAm
    • Project E34 - esdeez
    • Reflections On Sri Lanka's Automotive History By Mr. Sylvi Wijesinghe - Supra Natural/Sylvi
    • 1979 Lancer A72 Restoration - Davy
    • My Complete Noah Build - JadeyBlitzen
  3. 3. AutoLanka Newbie Of The Year

• Blitz
    • CARBON B4
    • Nadrique
    • Sampath Gunasekera
    • chan5
    • NZer
    • Straga
    • prvnrox
    • Magnum
    • wjkalana
    • varunatech
    • carboy2011
    • liya
    • nato23
    • osanda19
    • Amila G
    • JayZ
    • Zambo

I am happy to announce the awards and nominees for the the 157th annual Autolanka Awards!!!!.wooooo!

So please go ahead and vote.And let me know I should add other nominees for car,topic and newbie of the year categories.These are the ones that I can remember and the newbies are selected via the forum search tool...

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

Update:I've added a couple of members and topics I had forgotten.Thanks to the people who reminded me via PM.Still open for nominee suggestions.

'MasterDon',

Better if you take off my name off on this thread. As I do not want any recognition on this forum. This is request only.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'MasterDon',

Better if you take off my name off on this thread. As I do not want any recognition on this forum. This is request only.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

OK sylvi sir,I'll get my technical staff to look and see if we can remove your name.Please mind that we mean no disrespect by adding your name. :)

OK sylvi sir,I'll get my technical staff to look and see if we can remove your name.Please mind that we mean no disrespect by adding your name. :)

'MasterDon',

Tank you, for your quick action. Already executed.

you know my my living. I always to like to share my knowledge for Automobile community.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

i want to be nominated for newbie :)

Hello there!I noticed you only have 26 posts.I added only members who had joined between june last year and june this year who have 150 posts or more..but since you asked I shall make an exception and add you. :)

Just wondering, why is the Triumph T R Restore Project is not nominated ?

MD.. Kindly add the TR resto thread as well... it deserves to be on here!

Thanks guys!.But I kinda feel dirty nominating my own topic.Your comments and likes on that thread is enough appreciation for me...plus you know I'd cheat to make my thread to come out on top! :P

Edited by MasterDon

Hello there!I noticed you only have 26 posts.I added only members who had joined between june last year and june this year who have 150 posts or more..but since you asked I shall make an exception and add you. :)

I joined 3rd June 2011 :sad-smiley-066: :sad-smiley-066: :sad-smiley-066:

Edited by Magnum

I joined 3rd June 2011 :sad-smiley-066: :sad-smiley-066: :sad-smiley-066:

Yes June 2011 to 2012 June.You're eligible and you've been nominated from the start and I see you already have some votes...So?What's the problem?

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

Thanks guys!.But I kinda feel dirty nominating my own topic.Your comments and likes on that thread is enough appreciation for me...plus you know I'd cheat to make my thread to come out on top! :P

LOLs, it's alright though. Restoration threads like yours don't come up often!

Allright ladies and gentlemen,time to wrap this baby up! Here are the winners of AL 2012 as chosen by you,the members.

Car Of The Year - Subaru BRZ

Now this is a surprise for me.I thought the Lambo would win,Anyways a worthy winner nontheless as it's sister car ,the 86,is winning car of the year awards left and right.Congrats to Darin and BRJW for bringing it down and also to the new owner as well.

Topic Of The Year - Historic Images Of Old Ceylon

A great thread started by Sampath Gunasekera and a worthy winner.Congrats all the other thread starters nominated too.Please keep initiating these wonderful topics for us to discuss in the future.

Newbie Of The Year - Sampath Gunasekera

Congrats to Sampath who won by a landslide.He now joins the ranks of legendary autolanka newbies such as JDnet and The Stig.

And as usual I won the Autolanka sexy beast of the year award but The Don took it from me. :(

That's it then.As per tradition i'd like to thank MADZ and team Autolanka for giving us these forums.and many many thank yous to our lovely moderators Peri,Supra,The Don and dillongt for putting up with our shit.

Have a merry Christamas and a wonderful new year people! MD out!

• Like 1

572598_100003798708870_1290847991_n.jpg

Ok.. Ok…Ok.. Guys …It’s a double win for me … :)

Thank you all for selecting me as the “Newbie of The Year -2012” as well as for selecting my thread “Historic Images of Old Ceylon(Automotive And Otherwise)” as the “AutoLanka Topic of The Year - 2012”. :)

It is really a good feedback for me and I am so happy as I could do something creatively for Autolanka and seems you all enjoyed them.

I would like to thank those who voted for me / my threads, encouraged me all the time and also to Madz and to moderators.

My big thank goes to 'Commissioner of Elections – MasterDon' for his great job. :appl: If your thread “Triumph T R Restore Project” was there, surely my vote would be there. Anyway MD, you have to give me your Triumph T R for a ride, once project completed. ;)

Throughout the year, I learnt a lot from Autolanka and found a group of amiable members.

Thank you all again and wishing you all a very happy & prosperous new year ahead.

Cheers!!!

Sampath Gunasekera

PS: “Rathagaaya” patan gaththe podi kaaledimai…. :D

jeepl.jpg

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 4

Congratulations Sampath! :appl:

You've done a great job in sharing catalogs and brochures which I'm sure helped many members in getting to know info about a particular car (they personally helped me). Also, the historic images thread is something I enjoy reading and looking at without fail. You're one good example, showing everyone that you don't necessarily need to have grease under your fingernails to contribute to the forum.

Keep up the good work! :grinning-smiley-003: