• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

cool ! that teg is smart!

the hondata website describes honda ECU's as one of the smarter ones around. apprently it can remap itself easily,and adjust to different inputs. sadly mine's an auto, and that's the dumbest of the lot! if i had a manual teg ECU i wouldn't even have to program it!

in a rather odd move, i reverted back to the stock cold air intake. reasons being:

1. no matter how good an aftermarket cone is, our dust and debris are BETTER! and after kelum put so much hard work into building that engine, and me into paying for it, i don't wanna ruin it knowingly.

2. when the engine bay temperature rises, there's a noticeable drop in power. it pulls like a biatch in the mornings and on cold starts, but stops soon afterwards. mind you the stock intake is a cold air intake, sucking in air from under the right quarterpanel, through two boxes.

3. it makes a lovely high pitched whistle/whine. the simota cone was a raspy sound like someone punched a laryngectomy patient hard in the plums...

• Like 1

in a rather odd move, i reverted back to the stock cold air intake. reasons being:

1. no matter how good an aftermarket cone is, our dust and debris are BETTER! and after kelum put so much hard work into building that engine, and me into paying for it, i don't wanna ruin it knowingly.

2. when the engine bay temperature rises, there's a noticeable drop in power. it pulls like a biatch in the mornings and on cold starts, but stops soon afterwards. mind you the stock intake is a cold air intake, sucking in air from under the right quarterpanel, through two boxes.

3. it makes a lovely high pitched whistle/whine. the simota cone was a raspy sound like someone punched a laryngectomy patient hard in the plums...

You gotta stop the medical references lol, Whats a laryngectomy? o.O

• Like 1

sorry, that's having your voice box removed for cancer. they then speak through this machine that looks like a trimmer held to their throat. sounds very mechanical and rapsy. imagine one of those guys kicked hard in the man parts.

Oh, like Stephen Hawking?

ah, a full tank and 10k of RPM! what a treat! :)

I doubt the bugger will be revving to 10k very often. He need to change the suspension. The ride in that is hard enough to rattle his ... stethoscope .. apart, if pushed hard for any significant time of our roads, if you take my meaning. I swear we went fully 4 wheels airborne once, and it was on normal driving, not being an ass trying to show off thing.

I doubt the bugger will be revving to 10k very often. He need to change the suspension. The ride in that is hard enough to rattle his ... stethoscope .. apart, if pushed hard for any significant time of our roads, if you take my meaning. I swear we went fully 4 wheels airborne once, and it was on normal driving, not being an ass trying to show off thing.

Changing ecu and suspension. As I said the auto ecu is struggling. Can't rev past 6000 rpm.

And looking into getting adjustable damping coilovers as soon as I can afford!! Before I break and engine mount. Or a testicle

Changing ecu and suspension. As I said the auto ecu is struggling. Can't rev past 6000 rpm. And looking into getting adjustable damping coilovers as soon as I can afford!! Before I break and engine mount. Or a testicle

Aney bung, you nearly bashed into me on Zoo road this evening. Almost squished the humble Proton in your wake. Good thing I don't have your phone number, otherwise you would have heard some good kunuharapa! :P Tho maybe not, my phone was busy, Ingress :)

In addition to the speed limit, a number of new rules on three-wheelers have also been outlined.

According to the law, the vehicle cannot enter or exit from the entrance to the right.In addition to the speed limit, a number of new rules on three-wheelers have also been outlined.

According to the law, the vehicle cannot enter or exit from the entrance to the right.

what does this mean?

You are damn correct. Not an expert but had da same prob when i swap my EG. I had to go for da stock intake too.

Aney bung, you nearly bashed into me on Zoo road this evening. Almost squished the humble Proton in your wake. Good thing I don't have your phone number, otherwise you would have heard some good kunuharapa! :P Tho maybe not, my phone was busy, Ingress :)

why is it that i can't vote your posts up (O.T, but all these new fangled forum bits are rather "godayata magic" for me lol :)

so an update. the much hyped about photo shoot happened today morning. i'm still waiting for the pro shots, but here are a few that were taken by the owner of that sweet a$$ boosted sera:

liyb.jpg

9lji.jpg

chhj.jpg

also, more on the build. i guess now is the time sanity prevails over its counterpart. in the effort to make this more easy a daily driver, i ordered a set of D2 street spec coilovers. the lwoering sprigns i bought are a clear darwin award winner, and i will never recommend them to anyone. the stock shock is too soft for it and the car tends to bounce like a playmate on a trampoline... and i fear for my engine mounts, dashboard mounts and testicles! those will be coming in soon.

also, getting a B16 CTR ecu, and will be running that for some time, before giving the car to zackie for a full tuneup. drove macroxx's car today, which was tuned by zackie, and it was a blast! that really is the last bit left. will be hobbling and hogging the slow lane til i get these issues sorted out...

• Like 2

so an update. the much hyped about photo shoot happened today morning. i'm still waiting for the pro shots, but here are a few that were taken by the owner of that sweet a$$ boosted sera:

liyb.jpg

9lji.jpg

chhj.jpg

also, more on the build. i guess now is the time sanity prevails over its counterpart. in the effort to make this more easy a daily driver, i ordered a set of D2 street spec coilovers. the lwoering sprigns i bought are a clear darwin award winner, and i will never recommend them to anyone. the stock shock is too soft for it and the car tends to bounce like a playmate on a trampoline... and i fear for my engine mounts, dashboard mounts and testicles! those will be coming in soon.

also, getting a B16 CTR ecu, and will be running that for some time, before giving the car to zackie for a full tuneup. drove macroxx's car today, which was tuned by zackie, and it was a blast! that really is the last bit left. will be hobbling and hogging the slow lane til i get these issues sorted out...

Ah good to hear that you're going with D2s, I was always a little worried about those lowering springs you got....

Also, will the B16 ECU match up with the teg? Im assuming it can be flashed but until you do so will it adapt well?

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic