• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

HANDLING/SUSPENSION

you guys have already seen my adjustable camber upper arms from the previous thread. here they are again anyways:

front:

photo10yp.jpg

rear:

photo12uc.jpg

what i'm adding now are the upper and lower control bars. front and rear. got a sweet deal from ultra racing for the entire kit. quite impressed with them, i must say.

the front and rear tower struts:

photo20iw.jpg

the front tower is a 3 pointer. i might not have room to mount it with the new intake manifold. if so, might have to do without it. its a fit for any EG8, so look me up if anyones' interested.

front and rear lower member braces:

photo26dn.jpg

the nxt thing, of course, are the coilovers. i need to lower the car. at least 1.5" front and 1" rear. i'm aiming for an Eibach multipro S2 setup oil shock coilovers with adjustable dampening and spring rates. this car is a daily driver and i can't give my self spondylosis at an early age!

for the moment, i'm installing some cheap ebay tin cans. they cost me next to nothing, but surprisingly amazon has some good reviews about them. ah well, only for 3 months...

510g7ptvllss500.jpg

• Like 1

Amazing...How do you get these parts? Through post or sea freight? I've been very unlucky searching for those rare 'dealer options' (lace seat covers for one) even on Yahoo JP.

Mostly eBay. I'm getting relatives and friends in the states to ferry them over. Most of the smaller electronic stuff ships from china to SL directly. There's also my brothers' shop-n-ship account if I'm in a hurry.

Some performance mods I got from Imran Yakoob. He knows his Hondas inside out. Had a dc2 ITR.

And of course Abbas Jafferjee from ultra racing.

A few other contacts like Ashan silva, Rumesh Rajakulendran have also been very helpful.

Edited by Komisiripala

inna inna machan. wadey iwara naa. far from it. there's a lot more to be done. above is what i've been up to over the last two months. there's another 4 or so to go!

I'm more impressed that you got all that done while managing a wife...

It's like Tom sawyer painting a wall. She drives a manual pretty well, and she likes the attention she gets in it...

Give a woman what she wants and you have a slight chance of getting what you want ;)

• Like 2

Great job mate, as someone had already stated above, I can't think of anyone else who would have treated her better. This is one hell of a transformation.

+1 on the stick shift. You can now take her for a ride instead of letting her take you for a ride. :P

Great job mate, as someone had already stated above, I can't think of anyone else who would have treated her better. This is one hell of a transformation.

+1 on the stick shift. You can now take her for a ride instead of letting her take you for a ride. :P/>

In reality, she takes the car...

I sh*t bricks at home dreading that phone call "err...baby, I err.. Promise me you won't get angry"

some photos:

photo2owp.jpg

and there it is, the cheeky little bugger!

photo23a.jpg

have to unceremoniously cut the brake pedal, tho. so invested in some sparco carbon fiber pedals to cover up the evidence. got these directly from sparco italy. tough as nails, light as a feather. impressed!

Nice Work Komi !!!

Waiting to see more photos.

Surely Komi's Lion (in the profile photo) will put his left leg down due to new clutch pedal.... ;)

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

INTERIOR UPDATE

the door panels are finally done. and looking more than just patta. i'm stunned. really!

photo1pkz.jpg

fronts.

and the rear:

photowkh.jpg

and what impressed me most was the center console armrest. deen's threw this in for free. wow. just wow. tears in eyes, lump in throat:

photo3ku.jpg

here it is bolted on. waiting for indika to fix the interior to see how this looks. :)

photo2liq.jpg

used your car as a background, prvnrox. hope you don't mind

Indeed peri. Also he is reading for MS part 1 exam these days and exam is in January!. Wish you all the best for both events mate!. You have induced some dysplasia in my brain as well regarding a SIR conversion which Ive been dreaming for a while now. Cant wait to see the final outcome !

I have been missing out! This is a fantastic work!

I think I might need some of your contacts as well, though my project is a little trickier since it is going to drag over a number of years (yes I am one of those idiots who likes spending a lot of my holiday slowly restoring my old ASTI) :)

I have been missing out! This is a fantastic work!

I think I might need some of your contacts as well, though my project is a little trickier since it is going to drag over a number of years (yes I am one of those idiots who likes spending a lot of my holiday slowly restoring my old ASTI) :)/>

Glad to be of service!

And HC, machan, the more I study, the more I build the car. It's a vicious cycle! It's also my stress relief!

If you wanna go SiR, dude I've got the contacts. Your car is definitely worth it

Glad to be of service!

And HC, machan, the more I study, the more I build the car. It's a vicious cycle! It's also my stress relief!

If you wanna go SiR, dude I've got the contacts. Your car is definitely worth it

Yes machan you cant find a better stress relief thing than this!. Lets have chat about SiR conversion and love to see your R as well, may be after the exam?

wow nice stuff komi congratulations mate and good luck with your project love to see more. :)

photo3ty.jpg

that gear knob is same as the gear knob you find in Vi-Rs right?.

wow nice stuff komi congratulations mate and good luck with your project love to see more. :)/>

that gear knob is same as the gear knob you find in Vi-Rs right?.

It's off an integra GSR. Am also getting the brushed aluminium number off a ITR. Wanna use both and see which is best

• Like 1

Been waiting for a thread like this for a long time. A real performance oriented build with genuine attention to detail. Kudos for starting it.

p.s. I hope you get hold of some black seatbelts. would like nice with the new interior.

Thank you! :)

And yes, seatbelts are on my list. Need to change the rear speaker panel to black as well

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic