• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

I had a fire breathing thrash from Balapitiya to mount in the wee hours of the morning. My god the difference. Credit where it's due: thanks to don and kelum_wj for pointing me towards maxxis

haha i did research with kelum before buying victras and those were the best for the money i paid. talking about performance, I had little wheel spins in earlier bridge stones and not a single one with those victras. looks and performance baby! :sport-smiley-003:

feeling left out of the whole restoring business. so here is my contribution, minus a separate thread altogether. Pic courtesy of Komi... :)

Taken a few weeks back. The vehicle in question is running, restored to almost its former glory and already had a shakedown run on the E01 with flying colours.

Sadly this is the ONLY picture I have of the car.. LOL.

See, I didn't have time to take pics and write long descriptions.. :)

[img=https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10402878_10152405253324477_4849705786884169139_n.jpg]

Sorry for the OT. Was this the 19- car which was molested with a diesel nissan engine?

Now the agent is Benedictsons, a subsidiary of Tyre house.

They are a lot better than SP SPORT MAXX and the Side walls are stronger. I have proof in my car after it had an incident with a kerb thanks to my father. Basically nothing in Sri Lanka comes close at that price range. Only issue is the Victras have a high wear factor, but on the positive side plenty of grip.

They tried to flog these i pros and stop selling the Victras but seems to have come to their senses and reimport as there is clearly a gap in the market in that sector.

I really like victras but i honestly feels that SP SPORTS MAXX performs better. grips loads and loads and never let me down to this date!

Edited by kalana

I'm also using DUNLOP 245/40 ZR 18 MAXX/SPLM703. Grip is fine but had a bad experience with the side walls (May be cos mine are stretched a bit). How is the noise level of the victras? Some tyre noises are so much disturbing on certain roads.

Sorry for the OT. Weas this the 19- car which was molested with a diesel nissan engine?

Nope, this has the 1.8 T Spark engine. More or less 100% original.... AC was pulled out refurbished with Jap parts.. for reliability. :)

I really like victras but i honestly feels that SP SPORTS MAXX performs better. grips loads and loads and never let me down to this date!

The Victras grip better Kalana. Read the reviews, and in fact I switched from SP Sport to Victras. You would even find me raving on about how good the SP Sports were on this exact forum. But the compound is softer (so road noise is a little less as well) so wears a little faster than SP Sports.

The side walls of the Dunlops are not that great either. A very well known problem.....

The Victras grip better Kalana. Read the reviews, and in fact I switched from SP Sport to Victras. You would even find me raving on about how good the SP Sports were on this exact forum. But the compound is softer (so road noise is a little less as well) so wears a little faster than SP Sports.

The side walls of the Dunlops are not that great either. A very well known problem.....

Thanks Don! should check victra and ipro and see then.

Looks like bullfighting the Viking took the last bit of meat out of my brake pad.

Apparently I had been braking with a pair of castanets afterwards.

Pads replaced. Good to go. That's the fastest I've ever chewed through a set... :D

Thanks Don! should check victra and ipro and see then.

Must point out i pros don't have as good reviews as the Victras. Also the V thread pattern made famous by the Eagile F1 tyres is quite nice.

Avon was brought down to Sri Lanka as well but they didn't have the size I as after. Seemed reasonably priced but the lower rim sizes (I wanted 15) were made in China not the UK.

Kumho ECSTA is also around and are great tyres if they are still sold at a reasonable price

Pirelli P Zero, Eagle F1, Michelin Pilot Sport, Bridgestone Potenza, Toyo Proxes are all great performance tyres, but they probably cost 3 times the price of Victras thanks to our import taxes on rubber products.

• 7 months later...
  • MADZ featured this topic

Guess who’s back, bit#hes! 

Time to end this. Project R is very nearly finished. It’s been four years since I posted anything and so much has happened since then. Not gonna bore you with details but will try to 

1. Update the old photo links 

2. Summarise what has happened since then. 

3. Cover future plans. 

Heres a teaser for now :) 

FC55625D-CADF-4F6C-9DEB-1EE69F4D9363.jpeg

E49CBE37-EB0E-4D8F-8257-9EC62D87F8FE.jpeg

• Like 6

Okayy...had to do little bit of cleaning as it's going OT. @Komisiripala since you going to summarise all things how about do it under AL Blog section? you can have your own blog to describe your car projects and future plans. I would highly encourage other members to make use of "AL Blog section" & "AL Photo Gallery".  Later will give more details about some promotional activities which we hoping to start this year...*Hint $$* 

13 hours ago, Komisiripala said:

Guess who’s back, bit#hes! 

Time to end this. Project R is very nearly finished. It’s been four years since I posted anything and so much has happened since then. Not gonna bore you with details but will try to 

1. Update the old photo links 

2. Summarise what has happened since then. 

3. Cover future plans. 

Heres a teaser for now :) 

FC55625D-CADF-4F6C-9DEB-1EE69F4D9363.jpeg

E49CBE37-EB0E-4D8F-8257-9EC62D87F8FE.jpeg

Hard to believe this. Welcome back Komi... What a start for the year at AL

Edited by Crishan

• MADZ locked this topic