• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

Hey, awesome, the calipers landed rather quick didn't they? Always good to see a year off on a high note. Project R is near perfect and the Datto will be keeping you company for 2014. You sure had a good year :) Here's to an even better one ahead!

• Like 2

Interesting development: I had an issue with the Teg over the last few months. She was getting sluggish, and vtec wasn't kicking in. Had to rev to higher rpm's to hit cruising speed, and had me thinking all sorts of things from final drive swap to a retune.

Finally had our tame racing drivers Dhilan Sabar and Nigel Perera thrash her around a little and see what's what. They both concurred on the fact that it was fuel starvation. Idle fuel pressure was 42 psi, which was normal but when throttled it dropped to the low 30's, instead of spiking. So the Perera-Sabar forum advised to:

1. Replace fuel filter, which was probably stock, and now pushing 15 years with our golden nectar

2. Service the vtec solenoid.

All done, replaced with a Nissan filter used on the track cars by the local boys, under 1600/-

And she shot out of the garage like a bat out of hell! Holy crap the difference!! Throttled fuel pressure reading now blips up to 60psi, and my god that makes a world of a difference tho. Still I want a more pronounced vtec engagement. Should speak to Zackie about it.

Edited by Komisiripala
  • Like 3

The conventional sri lankan response to it: dan car eka thel bonawa athi

:D

But on a serious note, that's some serious fuel starvation if it was in the low 30s when needing nearly double that.. When you say filer do you mean the one at the engine, or the one in the tank?

• Like 2

Yes I know the typical Sri Lankan in me thought that too lol! But actually now it does better fuel!

I meant the filter in the engine bay. Nigel was spot on with the issue. It was the original filter which came with the car. So 15+ years of gunk. And I never thought a fuel filter was rs 900/-!!

Asmitted, the Teg is my first b series honda, and first vtec car. Sometimes it pays to listen to people who know.

1. Stock pump. All local tuners agreed on the one fact that for a daily runner, stock pump and injectors are more than enough, since it's a gsr.

2. I checked records when you mentioned. No mention of it ever being changed. Hmm... Odd no? Our petrol can't be that good

Was picking up wife/going to Zackie.

It's an Adriatic pearl blue patch. Where the filler didn't bind. And rivet holes for a peters' badge wasn't filled in before painting.

It's getting re sprayed once I get the front bumper as well. Maybe feb 2014

SAd news gents: Kapruka has lost my wilwood brakes. The package that had arrived under the consigned name was something my friend ordered last month. Not the wilwood/d2/brembo consignment ordered in September. After 4 months of waiting they finally admitted they lost it. They're refunding the 250,000 but what utter utter mismanagement. I'll never get that offer from wilwood again :(

SAd news gents: Kapruka has lost my wilwood brakes. The package that had arrived under the consigned name was something my friend ordered last month. Not the wilwood/d2/brembo consignment ordered in September. After 4 months of waiting they finally admitted they lost it. They're refunding the 250,000 but what utter utter mismanagement. I'll never get that offer from wilwood again :(

Bummer!

Not just pads man. The entire wilwood front big brake kit. I'm talking four piston wilwood calipers. Those things are badass. They usually retail at around 1500$. Wilwood had a stock clearance sale of the caliper only, without the disc for Honda. 350$. That's what I got. It was only available a for a month. And Kapruka received them in USA but lost them in shipment. Bastards.

Not just pads man. The entire wilwood front big brake kit. I'm talking four piston wilwood calipers. Those things are badass. They usually retail at around 1500$. Wilwood had a stock clearance sale of the caliper only, without the disc for Honda. 350$. That's what I got. It was only available a for a month. And Kapruka received them in USA but lost them in shipment. Bastards.

Komi, did you actually end up making some money coz of the mishap? Bought for $350, refund 250,000 or am i missing something here?

You're missing my friends order which included d2 coilovers for his civic, and brembo pads. Total was 260,000 and tax was 50,000

In other news, I'm still trying to get to the bottom of my vtec mystery. It just isn't turning on. Swapped the controller, swapped the ecu no luck. Am narrowing it down to a fault in the wire harness. Just can't explain it. Hondas unfailing technology just failed me!

Hey thanks bro. My lifes work. Theres another in the making. Check out project datto. Now I'm curious, how did you stumble across my name?

Why, your name is displayed on every post of yours. :girl_crazy:

Like this : Komisiripala, on 09 Jan 2014 - 09:52, said: :speechless-smiley-004:

Just kidding. I read through Project R and I saw it somewhere. it says "Intern House Officer at Ministry of healthcare and nutrition" :sport-smiley-003:

I read the whole thread ...:D anyway I see you are a one - of - a kind doctor... :) I was searching for your fb page on google as you had mentioned there's more pics there. Then only I found your outdated profile..

btw doc wheres your fb page? I couldnt find it

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic