• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

• 1 month later...

did some maintenance on the teg after a long time. the lights were bugging me. although davy did a good job on the outside, there was still a film on the inside, and the projectors were discolored. i was even playing aorund with getting new lights or even a jdm front end. but both are very expensive prospects. finally with some trepidation decided to remove them...

bjo8.jpg

and hand over to the light cleaning guy in nedimala, dehiwala. he opened them up, and cleaned the insides, including the projectors. and the difference, well, speechless. they look like they just rolled off the shelf. light output is much better now.

skux.jpg

8ngu.jpg

etfb.jpg

vw92.jpg

also got the clutch serviced, upper arms aligned etc etc. podi podi stuff. waiting on the brakes now.

Edited by Komisiripala

Huge difference on those lights! I did something similar on one of the CE106Vs lamps. I can still say which one is older, but it's a big improvement!

Speaking of which, there's a 106 wagon next to the Teg! Pity about those awful wheel covers though!

Kudos to Komi for such amazing effort on the teg :action-smiley-033: Remarkable what he's done. Can't believe I read the whole darn thread. So tempted to sell my car & go do a restoration project like this.

Btw came across this superb comparison against the new Civic Si! Gave me goosebumps lol.

Edited by NeroX

Yeah was driving around looking for a copy of the motor mag. Was featured in the December issue. No luck :(

You live in mount? And thanks! It's more of a treat to drive too!

Shouldn't they be giving you a complimentary copy if they featured your car in it?

Yeah was driving around looking for a copy of the motor mag. Was featured in the December issue. No luck :(

You live in mount? And thanks! It's more of a treat to drive too!

Nope, am doing my masters at ICBT Mount(next to your school ;) ) & I was driving towards Piliyandala. Yeah, for sure it should be more a treat to drive. I have gone through the entire "Project R" thread & I can imagine how nice it would be..

I am. It's in the mail. I couldn't wait. I've been reading motor mag since it was called "motor trading post" back in 1996, and this has always been my dream!!

Holy crap. Relax, you bugger: If its in the mail then you'll probably get it by wednesday the latest!

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic