• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

Congrats on the coilovers doc, probably one of the best decisions you've made on the car so far! Can't wait to see what it's like...

About the lower member brace, isnt that an UR item? Hope you pointed that out to Abbas....

Well basically the lower member brace takes away the independence of the suspension, the idea is that when you corner it pulls the opposite side down. Makes a big difference for cars with stock suspension, but I'm guessing the gains would have been negligible with coil-overs anyway with the much stiffer spring rates...

here's the front lower member brace after its incident with the rock. i decided enough was enough. good lord i hope that didnt' do any permanent damage to my suspension! caster and toe in were unaffected. i think the camber is more because the car is low and not because of this.

12lb.JPG

i9nm.jpg

also, snapped this while outside chinese dragon. damn she looks nice!

hjwp.jpg

i still can't get over the ride quality. and on a side note, the 4 channel amp just burned out. looks like no mood music for some time til i get THAT fixed. haiyyo...

• Like 1

here's the front lower member brace after its incident with the rock. i decided enough was enough. good lord i hope that didnt' do any permanent damage to my suspension! caster and toe in were unaffected. i think the camber is more because the car is low and not because of this.

12lb.JPG

i9nm.jpg

also, snapped this while outside chinese dragon. damn she looks nice!

hjwp.jpg

i still can't get over the ride quality. and on a side note, the 4 channel amp just burned out. looks like no mood music for some time til i get THAT fixed. haiyyo...

Can u come over soon machan :D

Try them sometime. Drop me a text if you want contact details.

Not in the performance market any more :) Unless they can do something for jeeps. Which has been as Bruce Motorsports for like a month. But lets not thread hi-jack.

finally managed to bite the bullet and get a good set of coilovers. after much ruminating and constipating over the deicision, went with GAB adjustable coilovers. they're the same spec as D2, with 36 way adjustable dampening and ride height as well. and local agency (a proper one, not a catfought badu-wali type agency like d2's) being around means parts are easy to ship in. also they're the cheapest option. d2's would have been at least 40,000 more.

and the ride... my god, the ride! what the hell was i doing with those coils and dampers? the car is finally coming alive! holy crap its so comfy! doens't bounce like a golden key cheque, and is just sex on wheels! sex!!

ufjr.jpg

j9vm.jpg

installed at project performance, behind no limit in mount lavinia. guys know what they're doing, and set the damper settings and ride height perfectly.

b7s8.jpg

here's the all important little doohickey! 36 clicks this way and that. right now its set just south of midway.

4vzi.jpg

aand the final ride height. took it for a spin. this was too low. the mud flaps were sweeping the road. so we raised it half an inch

xnzz.jpg

met an interesting chap at the garage. he mistook the teg for zackie's car. after he had his moment, i quietly explained to him that this is mine. he then asks me, "so who's car is this?" to which i had to repeat "look, i'm suneth, and this is my car" how much simpler can i make it? just because someone with a racing pedigree didn't build it, doensn't mean it's not any good...

haney mehemath minissu

That happens Komi.

Just ignore them... there are certain traits in certain people which are not worth spending our time on...

Besides, you got the car, spend time with her, man...

Those red colisprings blending with the white car body... reminds me of pretty nasty things... like a some nice babe in a red thong. ;)

So it is! Logged back in to see. Schiffer email me if there's any more buzz about the car. I'll check it out leisurely

Shared it in japanese cars as well. getting some love there too komi and will buzz ya.

was a little bored today so i stuck some decals on the teg. these were long overdue. had them lying aorund the house. some were too big for under the hood, so i need to resize them and print it out.

cotv.jpg

6wn1.jpg

next up, the tune. just marking time til i can get that done. will do a dyno run afterwards as well

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic