• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

Komi,

I see that you have replaced the rear number plate with a normal yellow/black one. Was that imported number caused problems with cops?

yeah got tired of explaining myself to douchebags in uniform. ran jap plates on the blue teg for a year. not one issue. this car, they jump out miles ahead. stance is everything, i tell you. loewr a corolla ae100 and you'll still get copped

so, here's the cherry on the cake. the last little itty bitty piece to install:

bsk3.jpg

this ones' for you, Supra!

also, got all the little elctrical niggles fixed today. the horn ribbon in the steering cassette had torn off its moorings. so that was fixed. a new cassette was 5500 so i'm pretty thankful to the electrical guy for fixing the existing one. also fixed the decentralised locking issue. and the brake lights, and that annoying fog light switch which was always lit up. need to go back to him once more to sort out the seatbelt pre tensioner being on the wrong side issue!

zackie approved of the ECU i got, its with him at the mo. need to hand over the car soon for a tune.

brakes and coilovers are on the way.

one of these days i have to pop over to the fiber guy and get the front mudflaps redone. before they leave me.

aah, post automotive-coital smoke time...

• Like 3

NO just the glare and an odd angle. Was reading the previous posts my god I got that piece in December! And it look like it'll be this December when I receive the wilwood brakes! So a whole year with the project...

Starting to get more involved with the Datsun. More on that soon...

finally managed to bite the bullet and get a good set of coilovers. after much ruminating and constipating over the deicision, went with GAB adjustable coilovers. they're the same spec as D2, with 36 way adjustable dampening and ride height as well. and local agency (a proper one, not a catfought badu-wali type agency like d2's) being around means parts are easy to ship in. also they're the cheapest option. d2's would have been at least 40,000 more.

and the ride... my god, the ride! what the hell was i doing with those coils and dampers? the car is finally coming alive! holy crap its so comfy! doens't bounce like a golden key cheque, and is just sex on wheels! sex!!

ufjr.jpg

j9vm.jpg

installed at project performance, behind no limit in mount lavinia. guys know what they're doing, and set the damper settings and ride height perfectly.

b7s8.jpg

here's the all important little doohickey! 36 clicks this way and that. right now its set just south of midway.

4vzi.jpg

aand the final ride height. took it for a spin. this was too low. the mud flaps were sweeping the road. so we raised it half an inch

xnzz.jpg

met an interesting chap at the garage. he mistook the teg for zackie's car. after he had his moment, i quietly explained to him that this is mine. he then asks me, "so who's car is this?" to which i had to repeat "look, i'm suneth, and this is my car" how much simpler can i make it? just because someone with a racing pedigree didn't build it, doensn't mean it's not any good...

haney mehemath minissu

• Like 1

Those coils are sweet machan.. sweet... U got it down so quick man.. cool. :food-smiley-004:

no machan auto force had ex stock. last set they had. with increased tax on car spares, i dont think we can get it for this price again. but ask and see. still a lot cheaper than d2. this one will fit your car also. and the ride machan! you have to go in it now to beleive it. actually, ask Mrs. macroxx to go. SHE will deffa feel the difference!

finally. though my comment about "hitha giya thana maligawa" the gamble paid off then

Macroxx and i had a nice long ride with the old coils. it was bone shaking specially on the front bucket seat... no other way to say it.

this should be nice. :D

awesome komi

Ha ha you caught me carpet-diving! I parked so far away at first no one even knew it was there!

Thank god you haven't gone all the way up in there. The angle was little bit too high for the Teg.

On the other hand, there were 3 GTR's but only one Integra Type R :sport-smiley-003: You must be very proud to own it.

Hoping to see you in the races next year !

Edited by Chanaka Gunawardena

finally managed to bite the bullet and get a good set of coilovers. after much ruminating and constipating over the deicision, went with GAB adjustable coilovers. they're the same spec as D2, with 36 way adjustable dampening and ride height as well. and local agency (a proper one, not a catfought badu-wali type agency like d2's) being around means parts are easy to ship in. also they're the cheapest option. d2's would have been at least 40,000 more.

and the ride... my god, the ride! what the hell was i doing with those coils and dampers? the car is finally coming alive! holy crap its so comfy! doens't bounce like a golden key cheque, and is just sex on wheels! sex!!

ufjr.jpg

j9vm.jpg

installed at project performance, behind no limit in mount lavinia. guys know what they're doing, and set the damper settings and ride height perfectly.

b7s8.jpg

here's the all important little doohickey! 36 clicks this way and that. right now its set just south of midway.

4vzi.jpg

aand the final ride height. took it for a spin. this was too low. the mud flaps were sweeping the road. so we raised it half an inch

xnzz.jpg

met an interesting chap at the garage. he mistook the teg for zackie's car. after he had his moment, i quietly explained to him that this is mine. he then asks me, "so who's car is this?" to which i had to repeat "look, i'm suneth, and this is my car" how much simpler can i make it? just because someone with a racing pedigree didn't build it, doensn't mean it's not any good...

haney mehemath minissu

Ado no credit for me :(

Edited by Chooti Putha

also, got all the little elctrical niggles fixed today. the horn ribbon in the steering cassette had torn off its moorings. so that was fixed. a new cassette was 5500 so i'm pretty thankful to the electrical guy for fixing the existing one. also fixed the decentralised locking issue. and the brake lights, and that annoying fog light switch which was always lit up. need to go back to him once more to sort out the seatbelt pre tensioner being on the wrong side issue!

Thank goodness! Was caught off guard a few times on the drive down to Katu, what with my car being used as a very fast tripod and all :P

Glad to see the shocks in place. Was quite fun tailing you and laughing with Schiffer every time you go over a bump though :P I think we'll need to do another shoot with the stance in place though...

P.S, i didn't reply to your text coz i'm out of credit :(

Ado my bad! Chooti thank you so much! If it wasn't for Chooti, people, i would have made one decision worse by buying lowering springs instead of coilovers. He convinced me. And Rumesh Rajakulendran! You won't find nicer guys on gods good earth!

Job isn't over Chooti! Now it's time to talk Zackie into tuning this. On a budget!

• Like 1

Glad to see the shocks in place. Was quite fun tailing you and laughing with Schiffer every time you go over a bump though :P I think we'll need to do another shoot with the stance in place though...

You should try being in it. Not even my weight could keep it from catching some air :P

Huh? Had no idea there was a perf place within walking distance of my house. Recent development?

Huh? Had no idea there was a perf place within walking distance of my house. Recent development?

Yup. Recent development. A set of mechanics working for our race boys with big names and low budgets broke off and started their own game. Called project pformance, they are behind the nolimit glitz. Go down mihindu Mawatha, and immediately behind no limit there's what appears to be a cul-de-sac on your right. Turn in there and the last place on your right is the garage. It's literally like driving under nolimit. They Have installed hundreds of coilovers before, charge me 3000/-, and installed, test drove, adjusted damping settings perfectly, test drove again, adjusted ride height, and gave the car back to me. Took about 90 minutes. Excellent work. They also do custom work on strut bars and whatnot. Try them sometime. Drop me a text if you want contact details.

And machan you should try the ride again. Oh-em-gee!! I still can't believe it. I just take the car out for the heck of it now. Kuchiyata. It's really that good! If only every rice boy with a civic would just invest in coilovers!

• Like 2

An update:

The front camber has gone a little askew. It's at it's max possible adjustment, but still negative 2.5 right and 1.2 left. Very odd. Have to lengthen the camber adjustment holes on the upper arms and get it set properly. Have no idea what caused that.

Also removed the front lower member brace. Hit a rock at 5kmph outsi the garage and this dastardly thing warped out of shape. Was putting undue stress on the suspension, and obstructing the gear shifter linkage. So I swallowed my pride and removed it. Useless junk, that was.

Gave the front mudflaps to Ajitha to make a mould and do a new pair that were shorter, so I don't look like that dog without ABS being dragged into the water. It was also ruining the flaps. He should be done with it in a day or two

Waiting for a quotation from Kapruka for the brakes

And of course saving money to go see Zackie for that all important tune

An update: The front camber has gone a little askew. It's at it's max possible adjustment, but still negative 2.5 right and 1.2 left. Very odd. Have to lengthen the camber adjustment holes on the upper arms and get it set properly. Have no idea what caused that. Also removed the front lower member brace. Hit a rock at 5kmph outsi the garage and this dastardly thing warped out of shape. Was putting undue stress on the suspension, and obstructing the gear shifter linkage. So I swallowed my pride and removed it. Useless junk, that was. Gave the front mudflaps to Ajitha to make a mould and do a new pair that were shorter, so I don't look like that dog without ABS being dragged into the water. It was also ruining the flaps. He should be done with it in a day or two Waiting for a quotation from Kapruka for the brakes And of course saving money to go see Zackie for that all important tune

Congrats on the coilovers doc, probably one of the best decisions you've made on the car so far! Can't wait to see what it's like...

About the lower member brace, isnt that an UR item? Hope you pointed that out to Abbas....

An update: The front camber has gone a little askew. It's at it's max possible adjustment, but still negative 2.5 right and 1.2 left. Very odd. Have to lengthen the camber adjustment holes on the upper arms and get it set properly. Have no idea what caused that. Also removed the front lower member brace. Hit a rock at 5kmph outsi the garage and this dastardly thing warped out of shape. Was putting undue stress on the suspension, and obstructing the gear shifter linkage. So I swallowed my pride and removed it. Useless junk, that was. Gave the front mudflaps to Ajitha to make a mould and do a new pair that were shorter, so I don't look like that dog without ABS being dragged into the water. It was also ruining the flaps. He should be done with it in a day or two Waiting for a quotation from Kapruka for the brakes And of course saving money to go see Zackie for that all important tune

Machan did u lower the car more than it was before. I dont know the technical aspect of it but when u put coilovers & lower the car u get a bit of camber automatically. so that could be the problem u r having at the moment. Also machan dont put the mud flaps car would look better without them

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic