• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

Nice colour machan!. Is this heat resistant type spray paint or sikkens?

VHT wrinkle red spray can macho. 11$ on ebay, but sadly can't air freight here. have to send across on sea freight. i just queried on facebook and got a can from another honda nut. its really really worth the effort. the finish is mind blowing. unbeleivable quality. nothing like a flat paint at all!

apparently there's a similar wrinkle paint that our tuk guys use on their "kulla" which is a piece below the engine cover on a tuk. i have no idea what that is, but the garage guys mentioned this. so you might be able to find a wrinkle black like paint here if you explore that avenue. i'm saving the can for a respray or to do the l16 head on the batto

• Like 1

more work, ah the joy! got down and dirty today as well. connected the wire harness, which took most of the morning, and then plugged in the radiator hoses.

photo11fi.jpg

then proceeded to thermal wrap the exhaust. and had to fabricate a new mount, since the prop shaft got in the way. another hurdle of a manual convo...

photo21uj.jpg

and then in it went:

photo31r.jpg

what an utterly rewarding day! exhausted, but so so content... :)

• Like 2

Dunno about local availability. Got it from Imran Yakoob. Funnily my Datsun came wrapped as well.

I thought the exhaust manifold was gonna be turned out in chrome! What happened to that idea? Or was I dreaming? :P

One more question... I see that the firewall is not insulated with heat resistant material. Is this how it was originally or are you thinking of putting it on the inside?

hey where's my reply to this?? i remember replying... oh well

no davy it was lined on the inside. the outside was originally like this.

and no never had the idea of getting a chrome header. they radiate too much heat.

the header gave quite a fight yesterday. all the mounts were different because of the auto box, so had to cut and weld everything back into place. half a day was lost on that process.

so today the power steering pump and ac compressor went back on. along with the hydraulics and ac hoses

photo12ho.jpg

which means the engine is almost nearly finished. only the distributor and intake isleft to be installed.

broke open the dizzie to clean up. and have to read up on how to mount and wire the msd ignition kit.

photo22au.jpg

that's for tomorrow. also, we thought of getting her off her perch and onto the rubber. so we're fixing the lowering springs now, and putting the driveshafts into place. sadly couldn't stay long with her today. had to pick wifey up from work at 2pm.

photo32tt.jpg

those struts just made my heart stop. :speechless-smiley-004:

Ado sorry Jaliya just saw I didn't tell you about the wrapping. It's a fire resistant asbestos Fiber wrap. It absorbs the heat from the header and prevents most of it from radiating into the engine compartment. Since I'm replacing my stock cold air intake with a short ram, (needed for 70mm throttle body) I have to make sure the engine compartment air is cool. Hence this mummification.

• Like 1

Yup. You know the story my friend. Jealousy is the root if all evil. I owe so much to the Teg in that sense. For pointing out the negative influences in my life. She changed my world and I changed hers. I am better person today because of this car. For that I'm eternally grateful!

• Like 1

She changed my world and I changed hers. I am better person today because of this car. For that I'm eternally grateful!

AMEN! LOL :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004:

Aiyoo these mechanics... why dont they get the enthusiasm on finishing up this babe?? Its going on super well.. This baby is gonna be real eye turner...

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic