• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

Looks like doomsday is Christmas for me. Arriving on Friday are:

1. The alloys

2. The cams

3. The valve springs and retainers

4. The MSD blaster kit

5. The ACL bearing kit

6. The Blox red Allan key lug nuts.

Will post photos once I've stopped having an orgasm over it

• Like 2

darwin racing 15" alloys. being cleared from port today. getting these either powder coated in white, or lquid gloss white finish. and white hub caps with the red H logo. jeevithe mal aiyya inna kal (for all the little decals and whatnots i print at anim8)

photomk.png

• Like 1

Komi, need your all known contacts for honda parts and accesories pls.... narmi i know personally, but other contacts pls ! thanks !

Removed the dashboard for paint today. I also got new AC vents since the existing ones were broken. There was a metric ton of rust behind the dash. Bloody hell. So that's official now I am never seeing this car again!

Will post before and after pics soon. Haiyyo.

Removed the dashboard for paint today. I also got new AC vents since the existing ones were broken. There was a metric ton of rust behind the dash. Bloody hell. So that's official now I am never seeing this car again!

Will post before and after pics soon. Haiyyo.

Rust ruins the party, huh?! I live near the sea and we've battled it for years!

Edited by Jaliya48

darwin racing 15" alloys. being cleared from port today. getting these either powder coated in white, or lquid gloss white finish. and white hub caps with the red H logo. jeevithe mal aiyya inna kal (for all the little decals and whatnots i print at anim8)

photomk.png

Komi from where did you get them elakiri alloys? How much did it cost? :D nd great work son!

Komi from where did you get them elakiri alloys? How much did it cost? :D/> nd great work son!

Thanks dad! :D/>

Alloys from Darwin racing. They have an agent here. I had a friend who worked there. Fellow teg-pissa. he had a 2dr GS db8 in Aussie.

He moved on from DR, but I can put you in touch with him.

This particular model is from the 2013 collection. Not released yet officially. So it's not on the catalogue yet.

Edited by Komisiripala

well here they are after a cleanup. the fronts are still messed up. too much age and grime to cut away. at least you can see what's inside the housing. earlier they were just opaque little orbs of mystery.

photobjq.jpg

thinking of replacing them with a set of chrome eagle eyes from the US. the right size this time.

the rears, however, came out smashingly well. wow. looks like i just unpacked them!

here's a before shot:

000633894.jpg

and here's the afters:

photo1ejb.jpg

photo2ymv.jpg

also considered giving the front end to ajitha to get it completely redone. might be a better and cheaper option than getting a front end down...

Ok, this may seem like a stupid question, but are you gonna badge it as Type R with Red "H" badges and all? The reason I ask is that, although having what would be essentially a 4 door Type R, it may make your car look like your everyday Teg with type R badges on it (goodness knows how many of those there are). Perhaps keeping them off will not only add to the spotlessly clean conversion you've got going on, but also distinguish yourself from Joe Honda? Just a thought anyhow :)

Ok, this may seem like a stupid question, but are you gonna badge it as Type R with Red "H" badges and all? The reason I ask is that, although having what would be essentially a 4 door Type R, it may make your car look like your everyday Teg with type R badges on it (goodness knows how many of those there are). Perhaps keeping them off will not only add to the spotlessly clean conversion you've got going on, but also distinguish yourself from Joe Honda? Just a thought anyhow :)/>

Yeah I know men. Talk about it. Type R tuk tuks are all the rage aren't they?

But actually, edseez, since I'm doing a white on white body and wheels, I thought of badging and stickering. Simply for the pure personal satisfaction that I'm the only one who didn't cry wolf! Let the masses laugh. ;)

There aren't any other type R badged integra db8 in the country. But civics and bajaj's are a dime a dozen

• Like 2

Yeah I know men. Talk about it. Type R tuk tuks are all the rage aren't they?

But actually, edseez, since I'm doing a white on white body and wheels, I thought of badging and stickering. Simply for the pure personal satisfaction that I'm the only one who didn't cry wolf! Let the masses laugh. ;)

There aren't any other type R badged integra db8 in the country. But civics and bajaj's are a dime a dozen

With the love and effort u put in to this build, it doesnt matter if u call it knight rider or some other insane name, the people that matter will know the quality of the car and the "umph" under the hood....

Way to go machang... U da man!

Ok so Darwin racing effed up their shipment. My alloys haven't come through. Ascent holdings deserves a Darwin Award for that one!

Have to wait another month for the next shipment. If I get another "sorry sir" calls then that's absolutely it

Sad to hear that. I know the pain in such a case as you are so desperately want it now rather than one month time!

Ok so Darwin racing effed up their shipment. My alloys haven't come through. Ascent holdings deserves a Darwin Award for that one!

Have to wait another month for the next shipment. If I get another "sorry sir" calls then that's absolutely it

sorry to hear that komi i know how disappointing and sad you get when this happen just a two moths ago i was in a similar situation as you are i all so had to wait another month to get down what i need any ways good luck to you mate.

sorry to hear that komi i know how disappointing and sad you get when this happen just a two moths ago i was in a similar situation as you are i all so had to wait another month to get down what i need any ways good luck to you mate.

i was on the way to pick it up when they called me men. height of disappointment. i'm giving them one more chance because i won't find another sweet set of wheels like that brand new.

santa came! ho ho ho, motherhuggers!!

adjustable coil springs for up to 4" drop. on stock dampers, i'm looking for 1" all round:

photote.jpg

MSD blaster coil ignition system

photo1jy.jpg

ACL performance bearings: main rod, connecting rod and thrust

photo4nuf.jpg

BLOX anodized lug nuts.

photo6fb.jpg

adjustable cam gears:

photo3sa.jpg

saved the best for last: brian crower valve springs, retainers

photo5kse.jpg

brian crower stage 2 street performance camshafts!

photo7tn.jpg

sadly, these will sit idle for some time til i get the gearbox sorted out. once that's smooth, will start on the engine rebuild and engine bay repsray

You're not gonna install shorter dampers? I was under the impression that if the springs are shorter then its best to get matching dampers too, as the standard dampers will always been compressed somewhat and can lead to overheating of the oil inside, premature wear etc, everything else looks great though :D

Edited by esdeez

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic