• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

Maaan, those seats look awesome! Love the read stitch on black, good choice. And the job looks like it's very neatly done. I'll make sure to contact you if some day I'm in need of a job like this. :)

Good luck with the project mate. Keep 'em coming!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="H.C" data-cid="229386" data-time="1357369922"><p>

How can you let someone to sit on them!. Amazing work.Whats the material used?</p></blockquote>

At deen's on havelock road machan. Their tailors are excellent. As is the fabric. You get what you pay for. :)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="shanX" data-cid="229392" data-time="1357374392"><p>

How much?? <br />

<br />

Amazing, looks just like DB8 type-r seats :) </p></blockquote>

And I sat with them and marked out the stitch pattern identical to the ITR rears. Found the closest matching fabric as well

so, since half the interior is out, i decided what the hey and went ahead with the color change. no point in putting it all back and taking it out again, noh?

photobgl.jpg

also brought the floor carpet with me and the seatbelts to be coated black.

indika doesn't mince his words when he said "i'll make sure you can't even tell this was ever any shade other than white". wow. pretty thorough. yesterday his tinker dude was sitting there marking the lines of the car. he sees the dents that i never knew were there.

plus, i think they suspect i'm a little psycho. none of the other car owners come, sit, pat their cars and talk to it calling it "baby" and "honey" with false promises like "it wont hurt" "i miss you" "we'll be together soon" etc.

the looks i get, i tell you...

Edited by Komisiripala

plus, i think they suspect i'm a little psycho. none of the other car owners come, sit, pat their cars and talk to it calling it "baby" and "honey" with false promises like "it wont hurt" "i miss you" "we'll be together soon" etc.

the looks i get, i tell you...

You're not the only one on this machang, when my car was at the painter, I visited the garage everyday as if I'm going to hospitial to visit a patient and I used to go around the car to look for any imperfections. I had them repaint the bonnet, the bumpers and the rear left door again because I didn't think it was perfect.

The guy who re-assembled the car had a little chat with me during the last couple of days and told me that the mechs and the painters used to say "Onna adath enawa, ada mokak paththu karai da danne na..." when I walk into the place. :D.

No one else will care for your car baby more than you do. So keep doing what you're doing. :)

• Like 3

Hey Komi, let me know who your painter is. I need a painter who knows his cataloy from his paappa to start on my STb. One of these days.

Cant wait to to see the end product of yours.

gave it to a guy i know last time. he painted the whole car for 53,000. but work was not what i expected. he didn't put half the effort that indika is shovelling into it. indika, is my garage guy in kolonnawa. pm me and i'll send you his contact details. he has just installed a paint booth also. think my car will be the first in it.

what i like about indika is his attention to detail. he has good work ethic and doesnt' grumble when i say do this and do that.

You're not the only one on this machang, when my car was at the painter, I visited the garage everyday as if I'm going to hospitial to visit a patient and I used to go around the car to look for any imperfections. I had them repaint the bonnet, the bumpers and the rear left door again because I didn't think it was perfect.

The guy who re-assembled the car had a little chat with me during the last couple of days and told me that the mechs and the painters used to say "Onna adath enawa, ada mokak paththu karai da danne na..." when I walk into the place. :D.

No one else will care for your car baby more than you do. So keep doing what you're doing. :)

talk about it. need to stop soon. the wife is starting to think she should have married that other guy! lol

• Like 5

gave it to a guy i know last time. he painted the whole car for 53,000. but work was not what i expected. he didn't put half the effort that indika is shovelling into it. indika, is my garage guy in kolonnawa. pm me and i'll send you his contact details. he has just installed a paint booth also. think my car will be the first in it.

what i like about indika is his attention to detail. he has good work ethic and doesnt' grumble when i say do this and do that.

I'd be interested in Indika's contact details too.

Yes yes! Then I'll tell some Prius guy that I get 100kmpl and it can breathe life into dead trees.

And hang a tree shaped deodorant!

No seriously, you have no idea how much weight the phrase "doctor owned, mint condition, used as a second car" carries in this country :D

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic