• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw E32 - 07 Series

Warlord

Hi mates,

Recently , one of the E32 (7 series '92) models caught my eye and it was kinda love at first sight. To be honest i love the round head lamps of the Beemers and am one of the people who seriuosly miss it :) . I am wondering as to whether it will be a viable project to buy a bit of run down example and then completely rebuild it, (but most of the machines i see are priced over 2Mn a pop, whihc i feel is a bit too pricey).

I see plenty of E34's being revamped , but not 32s. Lot of internet copmmunities you get for these babes , but just wanted to share some experience with a pro member at AL, who has done a complete rebuild of a 32.

Thanks in advance :)

Jaliya, an honor to have you on board mate :)

Am fishing for one these days, and yep i might attempt to rebuild the engine as well. Going a bit light on it coz the moment a 07 series hits the home garage, my mom may kick me out of home as well ... for cramping up space.

Will keep you posted on the progress :)

T

Good Move !

there' s a one advertised in AL for some time. (http://www.autolanka...d.asp?ID=100925) Asking around 1.5M.

But it' s an autobox(donno whether u interest or not)

That car is still up for grabs if im not mistaken! There is a 730i Straight six (Only manual in the country) in a bit of a state at a Finance Yard, the last time I asked they wanted 4 lacks for it all..... 7's are nice cars to do up. But the reason why people do up E34's more than the 32 is because parts can be quite expensive.....

T

That car is still up for grabs if im not mistaken! There is a 730i Straight six (Only manual in the country) in a bit of a state at a Finance Yard, the last time I asked they wanted 4 lacks for it all..... 7's are nice cars to do up. But the reason why people do up E34's more than the 32 is because parts can be quite expensive.....

I know the car you are referring to. It is the only E32 manual in the country, and was owned by a BMW enthusiast. Sadly it was neglected due to unforeseen issues the owner had. It needs cosmetics attention as the motor was running fine until it was switched off for the last time. The expert in Kelaniya stripped off most parts before the finance company took away the car.

I know the car you are referring to. It is the only E32 manual in the country, and was owned by a BMW enthusiast. Sadly it was neglected due to unforeseen issues the owner had. It needs cosmetics attention as the motor was running fine until it was switched off for the last time. The expert in Kelaniya stripped off most parts before the finance company took away the car.

Said car is no longer in the finance yard. Was bought and taken to Kandy, its fate will be yet decided. Hope it can be restored, very nearly bought it myself, but was talked out of it due to the sheer cost of such a project, and the unforeseen elements around a car in that condition. For a 1st BMW, the E32 would be similar to jumping into the prverbial deep end, but if you think you have the time patience and money to see such a project through, then go ahead! The 32 is a classic shape, that's been somewhat forgotten with the up-rise if the 34 and 30.

E32 parts are not gonna be as easy to come by as the e34 or 30 Your best bet will be trolling ebay. Unless the car is in mint condition, you may very well regret your decision. Suspension is a very tricky part of these cars, once its all together its a pleasure to drive, but if not its an absolute pain to get it sorted. A lot of people buy BMs then run into trouble down the line and end up saying the brand is terrible and their cars unreliable. This is not the case, its just that a poorly maintained car (like any other) is going to give you far more problems. In a BMW however, these problems can be more complex and costly. I've learn't this the hard way I'm afraid.

However, if you get a good car, you'll never look back, and (as long as you keep on top of maintenance) these cars are gonna give you more joy than any Jap box.

Just my 2 cents :)

• Like 3

Said car is no longer in the finance yard. Was bought and taken to Kandy, its fate will be yet decided. Hope it can be restored, very nearly bought it myself, but was talked out of it due to the sheer cost of such a project, and the unforeseen elements around a car in that condition. For a 1st BMW, the E32 would be similar to jumping into the prverbial deep end, but if you think you have the time patience and money to see such a project through, then go ahead! The 32 is a classic shape, that's been somewhat forgotten with the up-rise if the 34 and 30.

E32 parts are not gonna be as easy to come by as the e34 or 30 Your best bet will be trolling ebay. Unless the car is in mint condition, you may very well regret your decision. Suspension is a very tricky part of these cars, once its all together its a pleasure to drive, but if not its an absolute pain to get it sorted. A lot of people buy BMs then run into trouble down the line and end up saying the brand is terrible and their cars unreliable. This is not the case, its just that a poorly maintained car (like any other) is going to give you far more problems. In a BMW however, these problems can be more complex and costly. I've learn't this the hard way I'm afraid.

However, if you get a good car, you'll never look back, and (as long as you keep on top of maintenance) these cars are gonna give you more joy than any Jap box.

Just my 2 cents :)

while I totally agree with the sentiment, I can think of at least one Jap "box" that can have a fair go at the joy thing... ;)

Guys, Thank u very much for all your god comments. Yp fully agree with the comments of most of you. It will be a painful journey with an E32, but a well deserved one. The stick 7 really caught my eye, and let me try to track this baby in Kandy. Is it "The Finance Company (TFC) yard in Kandy , where the car was last held is it or some other finance co. yard in Kandy????

Anyone who has a clue on this babe pls let us know.

AA3, Machan i had tears forming in my eyes looking at the shit status that 518 is being maintained...That guy should be shot in the A**

Ah, that 518 E34 came for one of our meets surprisingly. I know the new owner, hopefully it'll be restored to an extent.

I don't think the manual E32 is in any finance yard, but I'll inquire and see what the state of play with her is. :)

Edited by esdeez

Guys, Thank u very much for all your god comments. Yp fully agree with the comments of most of you. It will be a painful journey with an E32, but a well deserved one. The stick 7 really caught my eye, and let me try to track this baby in Kandy. Is it "The Finance Company (TFC) yard in Kandy , where the car was last held is it or some other finance co. yard in Kandy????

Anyone who has a clue on this babe pls let us know.

AA3, Machan i had tears forming in my eyes looking at the shit status that 518 is being maintained...That guy should be shot in the A**

Yeah, I can understand your feelings.

Actually I donno why people buy these vehicles if they couldn’ t or don’ t want to maintain properly.

There’ re communities who shout on behalf of pets. I think we badly need a voice against wreckers too. :)

Edited by AA3