• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

50 Rolls Royce Ghost's To Be Imported

malla

Why do you say that?...Isn't a Rolls Royce classy enough for you?

was referring to the person who brought it down. didn't know about the cw thing. its more than classy for me mate. this, a bentley or aston can't really be topped now, can it?

what i meant was when we have people who throw money on callaway corevettes and H2's, this is a sight for sore eyes.

Does anyone know whether the second hand value of these cars is good? also, what about spare parts and fuel consumption?

Id bet an oil change will cost a fortune since its 12 cylinders . Spare parts well need to be imported since there is no RR agent here. Fuel consumption again unless you got goverment contacts its gonna be pricey because its twin turbo too. I read on cruise it shuts off number of cylinders to save fuel but when do you ever cruise here. All in all its for ministers. Lets all pay taxes on time so they can ride on these

• Like 1

You seem to know your "boys" well :P

Yeah, tried stalking the guy who initially posted this; says he's a sales dude at prestige

3rd one from right is the guys who worked on my E39 when it spent an extended stay there. Knows his stuff.

It was just a matter of time before the rollers started rolling in. Come on, we have monkeys spending the equivalent amounts on some trashy LCs and Hummers and what not. Why not an RR?

Does anyone know whether the second hand value of these cars is good? also, what about spare parts and fuel consumption?

machan a used one goes around 10M these days

this is very heavy on fuel ne. does around 8kmpl :(

spares. have to bring them down from prestige. so its gonna be expensive

so the second hand market is very low

lol.. soon or later. seriously someone's bound to ask these stupid question.

This rumor about dozens of Ghosts being imported for the CHOGM can't be true. It's just too extravagant. Even the Brits don't usually transport dignitaries around in Rolls.
Agree.

This is no political statement but just in case the roumor is true, that many Rolls for CHOGM (or any Rolls for that matter) is extreme overkill for a poor (let's face it) country like ours. Even the queen was hauled around in a back of a Range Rover during last CHOGM held in Aus.

PS: Not that I think queen should be hauled in anything better

Edited by HardHat

Agree.

This is no political statement but just in case the roumor is true, that many Rolls for CHOGM (or any Rolls for that matter) is extreme overkill for a poor (let's face it) country like ours. Even the queen was hauled around in a back of a Range Rover during last CHOGM held in Aus.

PS: Not that I think queen should be hauled in anything better

you might be correct, one of my sources said car was spotted with Dhanuka Ramanayake (for those who dont knw him, hes the one with the red SLS AMG) apparantly he brought it in.

you might be correct, one of my sources said car was spotted with Dhanuka Ramanayake (for those who dont knw him, hes the one with the red SLS AMG) apparantly he brought it in.

A car or two an individual may import out of his / her personal money (presumably) is not the concern here.

However, as a state, if SL is going to import a fleet of Rolls for a summit lasting 4-5 days or so (and a summit for that matter is not very relevant anymore on a global perspective), that may not be the best way of spending tax payers' money.

Edited by HardHat

This rumor about dozens of Ghosts being imported for the CHOGM can't be true. It's just too extravagant. Even the Brits don't usually transport dignitaries around in Rolls.

bi@tch.. u forgot this is SL.. we closed down hotels and shit for the saarc summit and hauled those stupid Indians around in new mercs or some shit like that.. this is banana republic.. we defy logic and good taste.. thats why u will never understand SL.... a lot of Buddhist weddings missed their nakath time on those days as well...

Id bet an oil change will cost a fortune since its 12 cylinders . Spare parts well need to be imported since there is no RR agent here. Fuel consumption again unless you got goverment contacts its gonna be pricey because its twin turbo too. I read on cruise it shuts off number of cylinders to save fuel but when do you ever cruise here. All in all its for ministers. Lets all pay taxes on time so they can ride on these

You seriously believe that someone who imported tat car gives a flying f#*k about any of those things you just mentioned?

• Like 2

bi@tch.. u forgot this is SL.. we closed down hotels and shit for the saarc summit and hauled those stupid Indians around in new mercs or some shit like that.. this is banana republic.. we defy logic and good taste.. thats why u will never understand SL.... a lot of Buddhist weddings missed their nakath time on those days as well...

You write like you know for sure that the Ghost rumor is true, and a fleet of Ghosts will for sure be imported for CHOGM. The fact is you have no clue at all about what cars actually will be used, so stop pretending like you know anything.

Why don't you take a chill pill, put on a fresh set of panty liners since you seem to have soiled the ones you are currently wearing, and simply let the facts come out as they surely will. Come November everyone will see what cars are being used for CHOGM.

p.s. Come November, if it turns out that Ghosts were not imported for the summit, it will demonstrate that it is you who did not understand SL.